Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 2, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #4,652 of 7,140
Reached out to Questyle and received PM. Problem is my voice message to number was not returned. Presently my QP1R reads 100% charged but cuts off right after I turn it on. I charge anyway but never know what my charge really  is and when it will prematurely cut off again. Some say relax and enjoy the QP1R sound but this charging issue is more than an inconvenience. Held off till now posting (again) as thinking perhaps Bruce was having some health issues he's been dealing with. I'd like a reliable DAP to take along to my medical appointments where waiting room with six year old National Geographics on table don't get it. Prefer escape in own little world of music. It helps relieve anxiety and other discomforts in doctor waiting rooms and at home relaxing. I like the sound of the QP1R and don't want to give that up, but need reliable platyer. Help me sort this out Questyle. PM appreciated.

Did you tried hard reset?

You will need to hard reset the QP1R by holding the power button for around 10-15 seconds. You will not have a confirmation notification as the screen will stay dark the entire time the power button is being held.

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #4,653 of 7,140
I fail to think a reset will help his issue ...

I think this problem with the QP1R is really not fixable or is extremely hard to correct via firmware ... hence the lack of it being resolved or a status of its resolution being mentioned by now ...

So guys, ... when is the next model expected?

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #4,654 of 7,140
Thanks - this is what I was looking for. Just wondering, this goes from the Optical input on the Chord to the QP1R, so you are obviously not using the 'coax' input. Any reason why?

The LO (Line Out) port can be used to transmit its music to external devices such as speakers and Bluetooth speakers. The Line Out port does not have as wide of a bored-out area as the headphone out port, which means it may be best to use only 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch cables. You can use the included TOSLINK to 1/8 inch adapter if needed. You can choose if the LO is "Maximum" or "Adjustable" (volume) in "System Settings" > "Line out volume". When you use TOSLINK optical via LO, the volume settings do not apply, as you will not be able to change the volume via QP1R when going optical and will need to change the volume via connected device such as a DAC/amp.  

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #4,655 of 7,140
Thank you so much for your reply. So (again, apologies for being an idiot, I'm new to this), is the best (or at least, a good) way for me to connect the QP1R and the Mojo by using the LO (as opposed to the headphone) output and connect it to the TOSLINK input of the Mojo (as opposed to the coas input)?

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #4,656 of 7,140
Thank you so much for your reply. So (again, apologies for being an idiot, I'm new to this), is the best (or at least, a good) way for me to connect the QP1R and the Mojo by using the LO (as opposed to the headphone) output and connect it to the TOSLINK input of the Mojo (as opposed to the coas input)?

From my understanding optical out from QP1R to TOSLINK in to MOJO is the way to go.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #4,658 of 7,140
It can't be a fundamental flaw with the player as not everyone has this problem. My power reading reads normally and goes down gradually. Never had a problem with it switching off prematurely. Maybe questyle can collate serial numbers to find of it's a batch problem

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #4,659 of 7,140
It can't be a fundamental flaw with the player as not everyone has this problem. My power reading reads normally and goes down gradually. Never had a problem with it switching off prematurely. Maybe questyle can collate serial numbers to find of it's a batch problem

I have never noticed an issue with the battery indicator and I use FW 1.08.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #4,660 of 7,140

I've owned QP1R's for awhile. I've tried everything that can be tried to correct charging issues to no avail. It's not that there is a predictable charging problem that can be managed, as the charging issue changes parameters seemingly at random such as at what charge level is showing, when QP1R may abruptly shutdown, how much time it takes to charge the QP1R to full charge. I've tried timing how much play time I get with full charge, but it varies, and with no way to be positive I have a full charge even after charging for four-five hours it is not possible (for me yet) to determine playtime remaining. I've thought I've had full charge/close to full charge, and QP1R stops after around an hour, after around two hours, after around three hours. No predictable playtime, no accurate way to be sure of full charge given charge display is faulty. Also even when I am fairly sure I have at least half to three quarter charge or thereabout, the QP1R boots and then abuptly quits and IME only way to get it to boot and stay on is to plug in and charge some more, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. In summation a fine sound player with seriously flawed charging problem that thus far appears unabled to be fixed by Questyle who to my guess is keeping low profile and adverse to possibilty of lossing lots of money taking large numbers of units back for replacement. Questyle's reputation will take a hit if they don't address this to buyers satisfaction. 

Hi Satir.

We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your QP1R and can assure you we will get you taken care of and fully operational. Bruce has sent you a message, please check your PM.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 3, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #4,661 of 7,140

Which firmware version do you run?  I never had a problem with the battery indicator until I installed 1.06.  The problem has persisted with each successive version.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #4,662 of 7,140

Which firmware version do you run?  I never had a problem with the battery indicator until I installed 1.06.  The problem has persisted with each successive version.

Same. I am curious on what could have changed in the code to result in the problem. Its really odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back