Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 28, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #3,407 of 7,140
I have been following this thread for some time.  I have had the opportunity to audition the QP1R several times and have been greatly impressed by the sound and build quality.  I have not pulled the trigger mainly because I am now retired and no longer travel much.  The unit would have very little use anymore. 

Can the QP1R be used when travelling, never tried that! I use DAPs for input into my hi-fi (pretty good TAG McClaren/PMC system), with headphones in the lounge (which has replaced a lot of speaker listening), and bedside with iems.

Truth is, a QP1R with a good iem to me sounds equal to a £15000 hifi system. No room interaction, no worrying about neighbours late at night, just musical bliss.

Must investigate this travel thing you mention, never used it yet outside house :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #3,408 of 7,140
About to go on the qp1r train. Just a few questions. How do the percussion instruments sound? Do cymbal hits sound like shizzz or like tis tis. Coming from a zx2 I didn't like the geekout v2+ infinity in this regard. Also will the tonal body be leaner? That is fine but was wondering how inner detailing such as singers and inner energy is reproduced on the qp1r as it is an important factor to me. :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #3,409 of 7,140
About to go on the qp1r train. Just a few questions. How do the percussion instruments sound? Do cymbal hits sound like shizzz or like tis tis. Coming from a zx2 I didn't like the geekout v2+ infinity in this regard. Also will the tonal body be leaner? That is fine but was wondering how inner detailing such as singers and inner energy is reproduced on the qp1r as it is an important factor to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the "Q" does a great job with percussion sounds. I am a drummer and this is really important to me.  That's why I favor dd iems, and think that if it is on the recording, with the right iems, the Q will put a real drum kit in front of you.  Cymbals soound like metal, not bacon frying.....

Hope that helps.  Keep in mind that the player does not produce this sound, it lets it through....

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,410 of 7,140
I think the "Q" does a great job with percussion sounds. I am a drummer and this is really important to me.  That's why I favor dd iems, and think that if it is on the recording, with the right iems, the Q will put a real drum kit in front of you.  Cymbals soound like metal, not bacon frying.....

Hope that helps.  Keep in mind that the player does not produce this sound, it lets it through....

Hi, hope all is well!

Just wondering, which "Q" are you referring to? I wouldn't want readers to possibly get confused, since there are currently two models that owners are using, which is the QP1 and the QP1R.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,411 of 7,140
Hi, hope all is well!

Just wondering, which "Q" are you referring to? I wouldn't want readers to possibly get confused, since there are currently two models that owners are using, which is the QP1 and the QP1R.

It was the 1R, which I thought was implied by the fact that it was the one referenced in the quoted text to which I was responding!!!

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #3,412 of 7,140
It was the 1R, which I thought was implied by the fact that it was the one referenced in the quoted text to which I was responding!!!

Thanks for clarifiying. I wouldn't want assumptions to be made - it will be most beneficial if posters can specify either QP1 or QP1R to be as specific as possible.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,413 of 7,140
Thanks for clarifiying. I wouldn't want assumptions to be made - it will be most beneficial if posters can specify either QP1 or QP1R to be as specific as possible.

I thought it was probably a given seeing as your thread is just a review of the QP1R.

To be fair that doesn't necessarily stop people posting stuff all over the place on Head-Fi though :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #3,414 of 7,140

So, Mr. Teacher-Man...  is that going to be on the exam?    
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,415 of 7,140
I thought it was probably a given seeing as your thread is just a review of the QP1R.

To be fair that doesn't necessarily stop people posting stuff all over the place on Head-Fi though :)

Both the QP1 and QP1R have been discussed in this thread. Clarification is beneficial. If I feel that some readers may not fully understand, I will ask for clarification.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,416 of 7,140
So, Mr. Teacher-Man...  is that going to be on the exam?    :D

If I feel that some readers may not fully understand, I will ask for clarification so as many readers as possible will understand. :beerchug:

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #3,417 of 7,140
Both the QP1 and QP1R have been discussed in this thread. Clarification is beneficial. If I feel that some readers may not fully understand, I will ask for clarification.

Fair play sir. Better to be safe than sorry :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,418 of 7,140

I'm a drummer too and I second this! With the right recording, it really sounds like I'm thwacking the drums. Incredible stuff.

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,419 of 7,140
I'm a drummer too and I second this! With the right recording, it really sounds like I'm thwacking the drums. Incredible stuff.

My test of DAPs has recently become, do cymbals sound like real cymbals. At the grand age of 58 last year I joined a rock band. My one regret in life, giving up guitar when I was 17 after 6 months playing. I stand every week next to a drummer and cymbals are crisp, almost brash. Nearly every other DAP other than the QP1R makes them sound cosy and refined. Thank goodness we have a product that is not rolled off or has squashed dynamics.

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,420 of 7,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back