Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 20, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,332 of 7,140
I'm developing a greater appreciation for DAP's that have no EQ...if you want to color the sound, just use a good amp or change cables.
I rarely eq anything. Good headphones and a good source is all I need.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,333 of 7,140
I'm developing a greater appreciation for DAP's that have no EQ...if you want to color the sound, just use a good amp or change cables.

I rarely eq anything. Good headphones and a good source is all I need.

Agreed. If I want to add some colour I'll change the headphones

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #3,335 of 7,140
^ and the need for u to defend yourself because...?

Geez. Always good to see threads Involving bickering individuals nowadays.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #3,337 of 7,140
  I'll buy that.  But, the wheel is so well known.  And frankly, I was interested in what's inside the unit. No one can build a wheel like Apple, but, I'd rather have excellent sound than slick perfect design on the unimportant outside.
I get so sick of hearing about eye-candy and how pretty something looks on a forum dealing with SOUND.  I give cudos to Questyle for building in reactive feedback when a button is activated.  That's something the FiiO didn't think of.
So maybe I get a little tired of whining over piddly thingswhen it's hard enough to find an even half-assed dap with accessability.  All I hear is "Why was Questyle so stupid as not to go touchscreen?  My wheel feels funny so I'm going to drive people crazy on the thread."  etc.etc.
I've bought and love everything about this DAP.  So maybe it's time I leave the thread...and block DC.

That's mature. Block me because I dare to criticize a well-known issue and why it was allowed to go into production. When people get as defensive as you have become, it's usually because in their heart of hearts, they know they are wrong.

If you had read my other posts, I said I had read on Questyle's FB page that an improvement had been made to the wheel, and I was contemplating getting another one.

For me, part of owning a piece of hi-fi and being a member on here is being part of a community. I feel about as welcome as a fart in a space suit on this thread!

^ and the need for u to defend yourself because...?

Geez. Always good to see threads Involving bickering individuals nowadays.

​Guys, let's try and calm this down a bit.

To be fair to @Darren Cotter he has now owned two QP1Rs, both of which had dodgy wheels. He has now returned to the thread asking about whether the wheel has now been fixed with the possible intention of buying a QP1R for the THIRD time. I think I'd be a bit spiky about these devices too and I honestly don't know whether I would give them a third try.

On the other hand Darren, you have to appreciate that people will naturally come to the defence of a device they love, if they feel it is being attacked. None of this is personal.

Let me be the first to hold out an olive branch; Darren where in the UK are you currently based? I'm in London and would be more than happy to meet with you and let you test out the new updated version.

Can we all be friends again now?

biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #3,338 of 7,140
​Guys, let's try and calm this down a bit.

To be fair to @Darren Cotter
 he has now owned two QP1Rs, both of which had dodgy wheels. He has now returned to the thread asking about whether the wheel has now been fixed with the possible intention of buying a QP1R for the THIRD time. I think I'd be a bit spiky about these devices too and I honestly don't know whether I would give them a third try.

On the other hand Darren, you have to appreciate that people will naturally come to the defence of a device they love, if they feel it is being attacked. None of this is personal.

Let me be the first to hold out an olive branch; Darren where in the UK are you currently based? I'm in London and would be more than happy to meet with you and let you test out the new updated version.

Can we all be friends again now?

:D

Great post for sure.
You own the updated version? Does it look different (than please a picture), can you give us some insight? How does the wheel been improved?

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #3,339 of 7,140
Great post for sure.
You own the updated version? Does it look different (than please a picture), can you give us some insight? How does the wheel been improved?

​This is the only version of the QP1R I have owned, so I'm afraid I have nothing to compare it to.

As I understand it, nothing has changed bar the wheel and so far I have had no issues with mine.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,341 of 7,140
  Thank you for the kind offer, but I live in Jersey, Channel Islands. Is there a way of differentiating between the old and new wheeled QP1R's? And how much better are the new ones?

​Let me see if I can upload a short video later on this evening 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,343 of 7,140
I need a film applied to make it rotate properly on pre-order batch; but able to make it go round without film or resistant on newer batch - to me it is day and night, YMMV.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #3,345 of 7,140
  Little update for those having some issues with the battery indicator as of late, we are aware of the issue and are looking at the next firmware to correct the battery issue some folks having been experiencing.

I am one of those people suffering from a hugely unreliable battery indicator , this has always been my only major issue  
mad.gif
 with an otherwise TOTL DAP .
Thank you very much for this great news ! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back