1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by moedawg140, Aug 25, 2015.
First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last
  1. 514077

Letter>Artist>album>songs.  File browsing.  Don't care about catagories.  Don't even allow the library to fill itself up with  unnecessary memory clutter, if that means anything to the QP.

2. omastic
    Hi guys, I am experiencing a strange issue with my QP1R. It was working fine connected as a DAC with my PC last night and after disconnecting it the unit now won't play any of my tracks. The playing screen comes up but the progress bar doesn't move when I hit play. Consequently there is no sound output as well. I have tried reinstalling the firmware, performing a factory reset, turning OFF and ON the unit but nothing has worked. 

When I tried reconnecting it as a USB DAC, my PC detected the unit correctly but there was no sound output. 

Anyone here ever faced anything similar? Also what is the procedure to perform a hard reset when the unit is fully charged?

3. headfiJunkie
    Yes the SQ is seriously awesome. But the menu structure does drive me a bit nuts. Like you say, choose an artist and it dumps all the songs in one place with no consideration for albums.

I know you can browse by file structure, but it doesn't help with searching by genres (I listen to so many genres that a useful way to search by genre then artist and album is really sorely missed).

Questyle: new firmware to improve browsing?? Example, by artist (artist>album>track) or by genre (genre>artist>album>track).

4. DecentLevi
    Or for those old-schoolers' like me, a firmware update should be in order to playthrough folders so we can just paste in all our pre-organized folders and start with A-Z

5. Bambule
    Questyle: new firmware to improve browsing?? Example, by artist (artist>album>track) or by genre (genre>artist>album>track).[/quote]
    +1
    That would be an improvement for sure.
    Although: for me it would be very important still being able to choose random playback on folder levels like genre, or artist, say for example: random to all jazz funk, or to all Kanye West, and so on. As of now this is possible.
    When they just change the organization to genre>artist>album>track, then this will no longer be possible, because you always end up in one particular album (or single track).

6. Darren Cotter
    Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. CraftyClown

I believe they did Darren,

I purchased mine a few weeks ago and when Phil from Audio Sanctuary took a look at it at the Indulgence show, he confirmed it was a new revision

8. Darren Cotter
    Deleted.

9. CraftyClown

​Mine does, although I did also apply the wheel grip

10. Bambule
    I got my replacement unit some weeks ago. I think the wheel, as the volume knob too, are better than the first unit. Can't say if it's just luck, or something being revised. Visually there isn't any difference

11. CraftyClown
    Ok so here's a question for the knowledgeable among you;

Is it better to use a lower gain and higher volume, or a higher gain and lower volume?

I hear much talk about some headphones not sounding their best, even at high volumes unless they are sufficiently powered, however coming from a video background I am acutely aware that adding electronic gain to boost a signal raises the noise floor.

What is everyone here doing when it comes to gain?

12. tonehk
    Regarding the scroll wheel, can somebody compare it to the Fiio X5ii. which one is better?

13. kino lau
    The two are completely different. The term "better" would also need to take into account the device they are attached to. 

14. boomtube
    I was just thinking about this with my EE Zeus and ALO CDM. I personally prefer high gain/low volume even with sensitive IEM's. 'Something' seems to be lost in low gain/high volume.

15. Darren Cotter
    Deleted.

First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last