Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 13, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #2,926 of 7,140
First off, my replies just stopped because I handle North America and you are in Australia! My associate at the factory took over as I am not authorized to provide service on a broken unit to someone residing outside of North America! Also, Moon Audio is not authorized or allowed to sell Questyle products overseas and now because of you and this situation, that will be further enforced. We ask that anyone reading this outside of North America refrain from purchasing our products from Moon Audio, or any other US dealer, to avoid such a situation.

Being in Australia, ordering from Moon-Audio or other US-based shops with similar pricing is honestly the best way to get it for us considering the only place in Australia that sells it is a dodgy web-shop with a  ~$400 AUD markup compared to the price from moon-audio (converted) or a ~$250 AUD markup after the necessary GST is added... Add another $200+ AUD ontop of that if I import it from Japan or South Korea.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #2,927 of 7,140
Sorry, haven't had chance to read through everything since the firmware update added dac capability.... can one connect an ipad to the qp1r in the same way as a mojo (camera connection cable or whatever it's called plus usb)??

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,929 of 7,140
What's the ideal gain setting for ciem (like H8P)?

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,930 of 7,140
What's the ideal gain setting for ciem (like H8P)?
Just by looking at the specs on those I think mid gain should be just fine.

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #2,932 of 7,140
Sorry, haven't had chance to read through everything since the firmware update added dac capability.... can one connect an ipad to the qp1r in the same way as a mojo (camera connection cable or whatever it's called plus usb)??

Yup you should be able to connect an ipad to the QP1R! A number of people have already posted pictures of themselves connecting their iphones to the QP1R.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #2,936 of 7,140
Can't believe if you could go higher from L for ciem because there is already audible hiss at L 

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #2,937 of 7,140
Good news on my Side. After 6 hours of charging didn't solve my battery inaccuracy problem, I will get an replacement unit. Dealer said it was the general agency from Questyle that arranged this step to be taken. Absolute immediately answer, absolutely no discussion. I can keep my unit until the new one arrives. I'm surprised, perfect customer service.
Hope new unit is working fine

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,939 of 7,140
I'm kind of unsure of my purchase plans for an over ear open hp. Am happy with my pm3's, but now, or in the near future want an open one. As of now, I have no plans on using an desktop rig, my listening habits just don't go with this. So I'll be only listening with the QP1R.
I know I raised the question once before (and on other threads here), just trying to get some more impressions or thoughts.
Right now I'm very interested in focal Elear or Utopia. I just can't really estimate for me if this is worth it only with my little DAP.
On first page of this thread is this absolute fantastic review with so many headphones. I always reading through the reviews there, especially the differences in he1000 and utopia got me kind of wondering. Of course an desktop rig brings more sq than solely QP1R, but it seems from this reviews that the he1000 is a better pairing then the utopia with the QP1R, as the sound from the he1000 is described as absolutely magical, but the one from utopia as best with desktop amp, but no slouch with QP1R.
Is the sound from he1000 also better on an desktop? Is the loss of sq smaller on he1000 then utopia, when comparing desktop vs QP1R?
There will be some months to come, until I will get the chance to listen to the utopia from an local dealer. So any thoughts, or first hand impressions, would be appreciated. (Especially from moedawg, of course, really awesome first site of this thread!)
Maybe some of you get the chance to visit the upcoming Questyle and Enigmacoustics event, and get to listen to my thought of combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back