Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 4, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,456 of 7,140
I really believe in giving credit when credit is due. This was in my emailed order confirmation for the 8 wire Therium (OCC Silver Litz) cable I ordered from Norne Audio, yesterday.
"Your order has been confirmed and is now in process." I stumbled upon a hidden gem when I happened upon Trevor and Norne Audio purely by chance this past weekend.

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,458 of 7,140
Comparing the x3ii and QP1R and listening to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now in DSD, I find the QP1R really opens up much more than the x3. So much so that I no longer use my e12. Just the QP1R by itself. Waiting for my Chord Mojo to arrive and will see what transpires.

Will also keep my x3 for when I am at the gym or just having a walk because it is light compared to the QP1R.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #1,459 of 7,140
As much as I have enjoyed listening to my TH-X00's via the QP1R my "portable system" IEM's finally showed up in the mail today. 64 Audio U6's sounding great so far! These are the IEM's I chose after much auditioning at CanJam and a little purse stretching. I'll let them burn tonight as I'm taking off on a trip tomorrow. Guarantee I'll be freaking out listening to my tunes in "high fidelity" in my hotel room tomorrow. That's just how it is going to be from now on.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #1,460 of 7,140
Just got my unit on Saturday and wow..... OMG The QP-1R has brought Phyllis Hyman and Grover Washington back from the land of the forever sleep! Listening to Sacred Kind of Love and all of Phyllis Hyman hits via my ASG 2.5s and wow!!!  Thanks for a remarkable thread that made me calm down from imupulse buying and think clearly about which unit matches my taste! This is the best of my DAPs for sure!

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #1,461 of 7,140
As much as I have enjoyed listening to my TH-X00's via the QP1R my "portable system" IEM's finally showed up in the mail today. 64 Audio U6's sounding great so far! These are the IEM's I chose after much auditioning at CanJam and a little purse stretching. I'll let them burn tonight as I'm taking off on a trip tomorrow. Guarantee I'll be freaking out listening to my tunes in "high fidelity" in my hotel room tomorrow. That's just how it is going to be from now on.

:)
Would you say this is an end game dap for you? I'm sick of getting a dap and then wishing for better. Can anyone compare the qp1r to the dx100?

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,462 of 7,140
  Just got my unit on Saturday and wow..... OMG The QP-1R has brought Phyllis Hyman and Grover Washington back from the land of the sleep !Listening to Sacred love and all Phyllis Hyman songs via ASG 2.5s and wow!!!  Thanks for a remarkable thread that made me calm down and think clearly about which unit matches my taste! This is the best of my DAPs!

beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #1,463 of 7,140
OMG my store just called me to ask if I want to exchange my QP1R for a Onkyo DP-X1, with a refund of about $100. I was never able to demo the DP-X1 since the moment they have any in stock, they sell it out immediately. Anyone can provide advice on this?

My concerns are: my equipment does not require balanced out yet. I have a Chord Mojo coming this week, and the fragile 2.5mm port in the Onkyo. 

Thanks in advance!

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,464 of 7,140
My experience with the Onkyo is that it's not as good sonically as the QP1R. There are also some glitches in the software that need to be fixed before I'd consider buying it. Namely clicks and lag during playback and then unexpected max volume when I was demoing the unit. During RMAF CanJam I went to plug in my Roxanne's and the unit with to max volume playing music.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #1,465 of 7,140
I have the DP-X1, and I am waiting for the QP1R to come in. If you do not have anything to use the balanced out, then I would not get the DPX1 and return the QP1R. I haven't tested the QP1R yet, but the 3.55mm out for the DPX1 is just ok sonically. I only use it when I am using the balanced out or with the Mojo and full sized cans. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,466 of 7,140
My experience with the Onkyo is that it's not as good sonically as the QP1R. There are also some glitches in the software that need to be fixed before I'd consider buying it. Namely clicks and lag during playback and then unexpected max volume when I was demoing the unit. During RMAF CanJam I went to plug in my Roxanne's and the unit with to max volume playing music.

I have the DP-X1, and I am waiting for the QP1R to come in. If you do not have anything to use the balanced out, then I would not get the DPX1 and return the QP1R. I haven't tested the QP1R yet, but the 3.55mm out for the DPX1 is just ok sonically. I only use it when I am using the balanced out or with the Mojo and full sized cans. 

Thanks bearFNF and klove4252. That was what I was leaning on and since I have nothing to use the balanced out, will pass on the opportunity for now. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,467 of 7,140
I think I'm done for awhile now. I tend to work hard to put together a system and then stick with it a long time while pursuing other interests. But it was almost comical going back and listening to my iPod mini and Klipsch X-10 that I Have been listening to for over 6 years this morning. That combo sounds fine and served me well on the go but the new combo is a revelation. It has much more in common with my 'audiophile grade' home stereo system.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,468 of 7,140
I would like to ad that while driving home from Tahoe last night my wife operated the QP1R playing through the car stereo. She had zero issues with the scroll wheel of filing system. So I asked what she thought about the scroll wheel. She said it reminded her of an iPod. I asked if she liked the user interface (she is an engineer) she said its fine. I asked what she thought about the filing system or if she thought it was old fashioned. She said IT's FINE! I stopped questioning her about it LOL

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,469 of 7,140
I would like to ad that while driving home from Tahoe last night my wife operated the QP1R playing through the car stereo. She had zero issues with the scroll wheel of filing system. So I asked what she thought about the scroll wheel. She said it reminded her of an iPod. I asked if she liked the user interface (she is an engineer) she said its fine. I asked what she thought about the filing system or if she thought it was old fashioned. She said IT's FINE! I stopped questioning her about it LOL

LOL!! Can't argue with that! Wife and engineer...when they say "it's fine", best to just enjoy the music! :wink_face:
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,470 of 7,140
Reading this forum i have gained so much experience in order to purchase audio navana. First came ak120, ak240ss then QP1R and my nobles k10 u. I thought it was end game when i purchased the qp1r and have used it constantly since december 2015. After extensive research about the lotto paw gold i decided to purchase the lotto and i am completely blown away with its commanding authority over sound. I have thrown every file at it which included a playlist which had dsd, flac, wav and this very same playlist the qp1r could not handle. it would not recognise some of the files. The volume nob along with the scroll wheel on the qp1r was so eractic but i lived with it because it is such a good player. It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that i may have to sell the qp1r as i only need one dap. A fellow headfier described the difference according to him between the two daps. He likened the qp1r to an aston martin in a showroom but the lotoo paw gold to the 007 aston martin model complete with bells and whistles. I wish i could be more specific but i am hearing such incredible wider sound stage, instruments are more identifiable and classical music is now something i want to discover more because of the lpg. i know the price is higher than the qp1r but so was the ak240 ss a staggering £2500 which is obscene and i cannot believe i paid that amount especially as i think the qp1r was so much better than it with its built in amp. i now truly believe that i have now found the right dap for me but i have enjoyed the qp1r immensely and proof of this a tan coloured queststyle case arrived for it the other day from custom cable. There is an upside though the hardcase otterbox for my Noble k10 u fit the lpg exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back