Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #976 of 7,140
I am picking my gold QP1R up from the FedEx hub since I was at work when they tried to deliver earlier. In about two hours, it will be in my hands.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice, looking forward to your impressions!

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #977 of 7,140
Just received the SanDisk 200GB microSDXC UHS-I Premium Edition in the mail and tested it with the PC storage medium validity software FAKEFLASHTEST. Very happy that it passed the test (it is genuine and not counterfeit).

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #978 of 7,140
Waiting on my music A-K to load on Card 1, which is taking quite a long time on my USB 3 card reader. I then have Card 2 to load the other music L-Z. Once Card 1 loads, I will have music on my QP1R.

I am listening to my new Angie IIs through an iphone for lack of a better source until I get the QP1R some music. I could put some on the internal storage of it, but I will just be patient for 40 more minutes to have Card 1 loaded.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #980 of 7,140
Card 1 is now in the QP1R and media library is updated. Now for music while card 2 gets filled with music. Updated FW from 1.04 to 1.05.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #981 of 7,140
The sound is amazing! Is it the QP1R or the Angie II? I think it is a combo of both. Adele has never sounded better tomy ears! I am addicted to better sounding music now.

Now Questyle just needs to fix the UI so we can pick genre, artist, album then songs. Until then, it will be a mixture of the library and folder view depending on if I want to hear an album or all songs of an artist.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #982 of 7,140
The sound is amazing! Is it the QP1R or the Angie II? I think it is a combo of both. Adele has never sounded better tomy ears! I am addicted to better sounding music now.

Now Questyle just needs to fix the UI so we can pick genre, artist, album then songs. Until then, it will be a mixture of the library and folder view depending on if I want to hear an album or all songs of an artist.

It's definitely both, however I've hear the QP1R to make most equipment sound the best it can.

As for the QP1/QP1R UI, it is an acquired taste for some people, and with regards to genre, artist, etc. browsing, I just use "Browse Files" to navigate to wherever I want to go, no matter how many tracks are uploaded to the card(s)/internal storage.  Every firmware update (that works fine for users) results in even better performance and additional options, so I'm looking forward to the evolution of the next update(s)!

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #984 of 7,140
Feb 18, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #985 of 7,140

If you like women's vocal music, check out this album by Norah Jones: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/93692/Norah_Jones-Come_Away_With_Me-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #986 of 7,140
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #987 of 7,140
My newly purchased QP1R scroll wheel does not slip on me and is fairly easy to turn. Maybe Questyle improved the wheel with newer produced players. Mine came with FW 1.04, which I upgraded to 1.05 and there have been no issues. I love it. :)

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #988 of 7,140
My newly purchased QP1R scroll wheel does not slip on me and is fairly easy to turn. Maybe Questyle improved the wheel with newer produced players. Mine came with FW 1.04, which I upgraded to 1.05 and there have been no issues. I love it.
smily_headphones1.gif

They did upgrade the wheel a bit.  Do you ever hear a popping or crackling sound (like a needle on an LP) when changing songs?  I'm having that issue on unit #3 but I never experienced it on units #1 and #2. 

I love the sound of these devices but the build quality has been sketchy in my experience.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #989 of 7,140
They did upgrade the wheel a bit.  Do you ever hear a popping or crackling sound (like a needle on an LP) when changing songs?  I'm having that issue on unit #3 but I never experienced it on units #1 and #2. 

I love the sound of these devices but the build quality has been sketchy in my experience.

I have not noticed any popping or crackling with my Angie II and QP1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back