Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #947 of 7,140
Ran the QP1R on the desk next to me through 'phones during my 12hr nightshift last night, it turned off twice,after 6hrs and then after another 2hrs or so. Wouldn't be too much of a problem if I was listening, but when you're trying to do an 800hr headphone burn-in, it's a bummer.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #949 of 7,140
Ran the QP1R on the desk next to me through 'phones during my 12hr nightshift last night, it turned off twice,after 6hrs and then after another 2hrs or so. Wouldn't be too much of a problem if I was listening, but when you're trying to do an 800hr headphone burn-in, it's a bummer.

Here are a few troubleshooting questions that I would appreciate answers to:

What version firmware are you using?

If you are using firmware version 1.0.5, have you turned off idle and sleep settings and tested for hours and/or overnight?

If you are using firmware version 1.0.5 and the idle and sleep settings being turned off does not rectify the issue(s), have you reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 and tested for hours and/or overnight?

If you have tested the above requests, and the unit still does not work for you, have you downgraded to the 1.0.2 firmware? (The download for it from my Google Drive is in this thread if you search - I personally recommend it over 1.0.4 [my explanation of why is in this thread if you search the thread]).

Once you downgraded to 1.0.2, did you test for hours and/or overnight to see if everything functioned correctly?

Let us know if it happens anymore after performing the above troubleshooting steps, and if it does, please post as much information as you can (for example, battery left when unit shutdown, file and format of files played, computer and software used for formatting the micro SD cards (if playing through micro SD cards, etcetera).

Thank you in advance.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #950 of 7,140
I've reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 and only used the player so far for a 3 hour session ...

No issues as of yet with shutdown ... I will continue to use this new version and will post any other issues that occur ...

Note I only had the problem happen twice last week once on Monday and again on Friday morning ... So it will take some time before I'm OK with the firmware

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #951 of 7,140
I've reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 and only used the player so far for a 3 hour session ...

No issues as of yet with shutdown ... I will continue to use this new version and will post any other issues that occur ...

Note I only had the problem happen twice last week once on Monday and again on Friday morning ... So it will take some time before I'm OK with the firmware

These questions are in advance if you experience any more issues:

If you have tested the reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 for hours and/or overnight (more than 3 hours to make certain), and the unit still does not work for you, have you downgraded to the 1.0.2 firmware? (The download for it from my Google Drive is in this thread if you search - I personally recommend it over 1.0.4 [my explanation of why is in this thread if you search the thread]).

Once you downgraded to 1.0.2, did you test for hours and/or overnight to see if everything functioned correctly?

Let us know if it happens anymore after performing the above troubleshooting steps, and if it does, please post as much information as you can (for example, battery left when unit shutdown, file and format of files played, computer and software used for formatting the micro SD cards (if playing through micro SD cards, etcetera).

Thank you in advance.

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #952 of 7,140
1. I have had no issues with a Windows formated fat32 card. I usually load them from a card reader on my PC.
2. I usually minimize tags but also gave few with more tags that seem to work, I don't have specific info, though.
3. My images range all the way up to 800x800 and they seem to display fine, I usually find 500x500 though.
4. I would just get two 200 gig cards, unless you are done getting new music.

Thanks. I will use my USB 3.0 card reader at my PC to load the cards. I did end up ordering two Sandisk 200 GB Ultra cards from Amazon (not marketplace) and a smaller 32 GB for firmware updates and any thing else I want to do with it. I will just keep all of my Flacs with 800x800 artwork. I will look at my tags and see if there are any I don't care about and use MP3Tag to remove them.

Thanks for the reply.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #956 of 7,140
Any thoughts on the Questyle case compared to the Dignis? Obviously if I'm going to get into a new DAP, I'll need a case right away

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #957 of 7,140
Any thoughts on the Questyle case compared to the Dignis? Obviously if I'm going to get into a new DAP, I'll need a case right away

From what I was told from a reputable source, was that the Dignis case was much more snug fitting than the Questyle case. Also, the Questyle case costs less than the retail price of the Dignis case.

I adore my Questyle case, as it was designed from Questyle, for Questyle - and looks and performs great, also.

I'll be adding my full thoughts of the Questyle case in an upcoming update to the QP1R review (first post of this thread).

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #958 of 7,140
My gold QP1R and Angie II Metal Jacket Series have shipped and are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Two 200 GB Sandisk Ultra micro SD cards are also on their way for a Wednesday delivery direct from Amazon. This is looking to be a great week!. 
smily_headphones1.gif

The Questyle case sold out just before my shipment, so it will be delivered later.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #960 of 7,140
Well it looks like I have an order confirmation for a space grey QP1R and black leather Questyle case. Thanks for putting up with me Maurice 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back