Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 28, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #6,976 of 7,140
That is what I thought it was. I have an orange 1150 too, but need to get new foam. What model charger is that? I have Anker chargers now.

It is a Ventev 5V/2A charger.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #6,977 of 7,140
It is a Ventev 5V/2A charger.

Would you buy it again? I like the Anker chargers. I was going to get a small 10,000 Anker charger that is 5V/2.4A. The charger does not put out more than the device takes, so even a 3.6A charger would only put out 2A to the QP1R/QP2R.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #6,978 of 7,140
Would you buy it again? I like the Anker chargers. I was going to get a small 10,000 Anker charger that is 5V/2.4A. The charger does not put out more than the device takes, so even a 3.6A charger would only put out 2A to the QP1R/QP2R.

It has been a good charger. I am not familiar with Anker. I would buy it again.

Jun 28, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #6,980 of 7,140
I did not find your on the Ventev website.

I don't see it either. It has been several years since I procured one online.

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #6,982 of 7,140
I bought a new one, because the last batch of QP1Rs made had an improved wheel and battery fix, but there are only 50 or less in America. Anyone with a new one is probably not selling, but it can be bought new, which is what I did.

People can also get their QP1R batteries issues fixed and several did. Mine did not, because I was not having the problem at that time and mine could not be fixed due to how far I am from the warranty. The one I am selling is gold and is in the for sale forum. The one I bought is gray and I will keep it along with the QP2R.
Got it. Maybe I'll contact Questyle and see what it might cost to do the fix on your older unit.

I'm sure people think I'm being ridiculous on this issue. But I rely very heavily on battery level indicators on my DAP because I use them as my sole music source at home and on the go. It's really tragic to have it die on me unexpectedly.

Thank you so much. : )

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #6,983 of 7,140
Got it. Maybe I'll contact Questyle and see what it might cost to do the fix on your older unit.

I'm sure people think I'm being ridiculous on this issue. But I rely very heavily on battery level indicators on my DAP because I use them as my sole music source at home and on the go. It's really tragic to have it die on me unexpectedly.

Thank you so much. : )

It is about $400 to replace the battery as I had already asked. That is why I am only asking $290 plus PayPal fees and shipping. You could also get a small portable battery in case you need it on the go. That is what I do even with my QP2R and new QP1R.

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #6,984 of 7,140
It is about $400 to replace the battery as I had already asked. That is why I am only asking $290 plus PayPal fees and shipping. You could also get a small portable battery in case you need it on the go. That is what I do even with my QP2R and new QP1R.

Jeez, ok. I'm gonna have to think about this then. Thanks for the info.

Another thought: Maybe I could just pretend it's not a portable device and leave it plugged in most of the time. Is that bad for it at all?

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #6,985 of 7,140
Jeez, ok. I'm gonna have to think about this then. Thanks for the info.

Another thought: Maybe I could just pretend it's not a portable device and leave it plugged in most of the time. Is that bad for it at all?

I never left it plugged in when using, but it should work with an external battery doing it. I think if you are using it, fine. I would not leave it plugged in permanently as it may shorten the life of the battery, but I am not an electrical engineer, so better question for a Questyle person.

If fully charged, it does last several hours.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #6,986 of 7,140
I almost lost my breakfast reading that price. Just to be clear: Is $400 for just replacing the battery? Or does that include fixing the indicator issue?

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #6,987 of 7,140
I almost lost my breakfast reading that price. Just to be clear: Is $400 for just replacing the battery? Or does that include fixing the indicator issue?

Replacing the battery with FW 1.09 is the battery indicator fix.

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #6,988 of 7,140
Replacing the battery with FW 1.09 is the battery indicator fix.
For that price, I may as well chuck the unit if it becomes useless, batterywise. Is that what our joyous hobby has come down to? Bleeding us dry, for a simple replacement of a relatively inexpensive and normally replaceable part? Even my old Hugo 1 was only about can$34. There's something wrong in this business.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,990 of 7,140
The battery indicator fix was for free for everybody with an QP1R that didn't indicate battery level properly

It was free. Not now. I tried and was told buying a refurbished QP1R was a much better option than sending mine to China and back for the battery. The $400 price obviously is inflated due to travel from the USA to China and back. I imagine it would be free for a new purchase that is still within warranty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back