Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 2, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #6,722 of 7,140
Can anyone tell me which DAP comes closest to the QP1R in overall SQ but has WiFi capable of streaming and storing files from TIDAL and Qobuz, a better Android touch screen UI and optical Toslink line out to also be used as a source for an external DAC. If cost not an issue which DAP would work best. So far I have only come up with the FiiO X7II and IBasso DX 200. They both seem to have issues. E.G. heating , short battery life, drop out when streaming only one micro SD card with more limited storage etc.

I’d like to know this as well. I wonder how the QP1P compares to something like the A&K MK70ii. Is the SQ still on the high end or is it now somethig you can get with midrage units?

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #6,723 of 7,140
The Fiio X7ii apparently beats the A&K 70ii and the QP1R beats the FiiO. I've had both the X7ii and QP1R. The DX200 is being replaced shortly with the DX220 and there are rumours the FiiO are going to stop the X series in favour of higher end M series. FiiO makes great hardware, but their firmware is appaling at times.

Also, the QP1R and A&K 70ii are both discontinued.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #6,726 of 7,140
Im sitting here with an iBasso DX150 currently.. and guys i can tell you I can barely listen to 3 tracks i a row. The sound quality is just so inferior to the QP1R.. I wonder if I will ever find a player besting my beloved QP1R..

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #6,728 of 7,140
Im sitting here with an iBasso DX150 currently.. and guys i can tell you I can barely listen to 3 tracks i a row. The sound quality is just so inferior to the QP1R.. I wonder if I will ever find a player besting my beloved QP1R..
I think the QP3R if there ever is one might do it. I thought of the 2R, but I don't have a balanced cable for my Angies, nor can I live with only one uSD card. For me: QP3R with features with which I can live, or the fabled Chord 2go, for which to make my Hugo for to go.

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #6,729 of 7,140
The QP2R was well outside my price range, whilst it addressed some issues with the qp1r, it didn't tick enough boxers to trade up.

The next version needs a sleep function and a larger screen as a minimum.

It's likely to be the same size / width as the QP2R as they have released the hub / steamer (SBH2) and I can't see them issuing news ones so soon after this release.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,731 of 7,140
400gb cards have come down drastically in price (I have a 400 & 200 in my qp1r), so this is no longer an issue for me. Obviously the more internal memory the better.
True, but I've gone the hi-res route with my files, and I'm hoping to grab a second 400GB card, soon. Just the way I is.
And, I'd prefer folder play-through to be worked into the 3R's FW as well. And if they feel compelled to offer a full touchscreen, I hope they can retain some form of the button controls in the corners, but without the wheel.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #6,732 of 7,140
I have quite a few Hi-Res files as well, including dsf / SACD files, but a lot of the stuff I listen to will never be released in hi-res, so CD quality will be just fine.

I find that I keep touching the corner buttons by mistake, it’s very annoying!!! I just want a bigger screen, doesn’t have to be touch but navigation needs to be improved. Buttons on the side like the QP2R would be fine.

USB out also would be good to connect to a DAC/Amp.

I know a lot of people want folder play through, so I hope it happens, but it’s not something that I’d be likely to use very often.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #6,733 of 7,140
When was the QP2R released? Surely we're due a QP3R sometime soon?

We need to find out who the UK distributor is first, as SVC, the UK importer doesn't have any Questyle products on their site apart from the QP2R/Focal headphone bundle. AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk has told me they will no longer stock any Questyle products when their existing stock is exhausted.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #6,734 of 7,140
Tbh the QP2R never did it for me. I still prefer the 1R soincally.

I am still running mine with version 1.08 because I dont mind the battery indicator. Also the wheel is no problem for me at all with a lil help.

Btw the successor will be called QPM like master as they said yesterday

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #6,735 of 7,140
I prefer the QP2R sonically, but via its 3.5 output with the gain on high was the same as my QP1R with 1.0.8 on medium. With my QP1R using 1.0.9, the volume output was the same as the QP2R.

Obviously, there is something in the newer firmware that lower the volume compared to 1.0.8 and older on the QP1R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back