Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #6,376 of 7,140
No, it's for everything on their server. When I downloaded the 1.0.8 firmware a few days ago, I was getting about 4 kps and it would disconnect about every two minutes, meaning I would have to click "Resume".

Just like the dB decrease in the 1.0.9 firmware, why aren't Questyle aware of this and why don't they do something about it?
he was answering @husafreak 's question about the DAC driver and whether he needs it, nothing to do with your download speed issue.

BTW @husafreak and @mwhals it is a 4Mb file size not 4kb :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #6,377 of 7,140
I was answering mwhals comment when he said "The 4kb update would be for the QP1R USB DAC driver". I thought he was referring to the download speed from Questyle's site, which for me is 4K per second with frequent stoppages that require you to resume the download.

If some other members could test a few downloads, just to check their speeds and if it's not just me, someone who gets responses from Questyle to their emails could let them know and report back to us.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #6,378 of 7,140
I was answering mwhals comment when he mentioned "The 4kb update would be for the QP1R USB DAC driver", I thought he was referring to the download speed from Questyle's site, which for me is 4KB per second with frequent stoppages that require you to resume the download. ObviouslyQuestyle don't test their site for functionality.
I just downloaded it and got 20-30Kb/s, but it was interrupted and I had to resume it and then I got 80-90Kb/s. they definitely have something throttled on their download site. for me anyway. I also did a speedtest on my connection, 9.73Mbps down / 0.95Mbps up, which is normal for my area.

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #6,383 of 7,140
Drat, unable to update my QP1R, and I was one of the lucky ones who never had a problem before.
Downloaded file from Questyle China
Formatted a 2GB card that worked before with my QP1R
Drag and drop v1.0.8 download, unzip file and trash RAR file just leaving v1.0.8 file on card (has Chinese writing too). Done on my MAC.
Getting "update file not found" message on QP1R.

I tried lots of variations and even my old standby PC but no joy. Any idea what I'm doing wrong this time?

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #6,384 of 7,140
Drat, unable to update my QP1R, and I was one of the lucky ones who never had a problem before.
Downloaded file from Questyle China
Formatted a 2GB card that worked before with my QP1R
Drag and drop v1.0.8 download, unzip file and trash RAR file just leaving v1.0.8 file on card (has Chinese writing too). Done on my MAC.
Getting "update file not found" message on QP1R.

I tried lots of variations and even my old standby PC but no joy. Any idea what I'm doing wrong this time?
Is it the q1.fw file that you are leaving? Also, I think the card needs to be in slot 1 IIRC.
I also might try formatting the card in the unit not in the computer.

Here sthe section on updating form Moe's review (from the first page of this thread)
"(Q31) How to update the QP1R

The QP1R can be updated via software update that is placed on a micro SDXC card.

You can go to http://www.questyleaudio.com/download (click the "Drive" tab) to download the latest firmware.

Here are the directions that are located, verbatim, in the “About QP1R” screen in “System Settings”:

How to upgrade:

1. Copy file QP1.FW to QP1 TF1 flash slot.
2. start the machine, select the” system settings - firmware upgrade - yes “.
3. After upgrade,the display will show “Upgrade finished” and restart the player.

I recently updated to the newest firmware version, and the file given to me is called “q1.fw”. I made sure to turn off the QP1R, use a formatted blank micro SDXC card to copy the file to (I used the QP1R to format my blank Samsung EVO micro SDXC card), then turned on the QP1R and updated via “System Settings”, which took less than 30 seconds.

Make sure to place the "q1.fw" file in the TF1 (first/left) flash card slot to update the firmware, not the internal storage!

Update process - Updating, Updating after around 15 seconds, Update success"

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #6,386 of 7,140
Yeah I have updated successfully before. Reformat via QP1R and slot 1. I guess I am not getting the correct file from the Questyle website. Or I haven’t uncovered it...

Don't you have to unzip to get the correct file?

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #6,387 of 7,140
Thanks bear, Quad, the light finally shined for me. After reading your posts I went back and did one more step and uncovered the q1.fw file. I don't understand why but anyway, after downloading the file from Questyle I did unzip it which gave me two files, I discarded the RAR file. But I never clicked on the remaining v1.0.8 file (with some Chinese characters), when I double clicked on that that it simply changed the name to to q1.fw then it worked. I forgot that whatever version you are installing is still always named q1.fw. And I didn't click on the files enough times to reveal that file name. All is well, listening to my new favorite band (Field Music) maybe some Pendragon next :wink:

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #6,388 of 7,140
I've just checked and both audio-philia.co.uk and highendheadphones.co.uk are still asking £1,299.

Sounds like I need to call a few dealers and remind them how to read a price list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back