Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 25, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #6,346 of 7,140
I will do. The battery was very high when I rolled back, but I'll put some hours in tomorrow. I really can't get over the extra volume with 1.0.8 over 1.0.9. I hope if Questyle do release a new firmware, they put back the dB's that escaped last time.
Looks like I shall roll on back to v1.0.8 to regain the 60 step volume and my dBs. We shall see with regards to the update (or in this case, hear).

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #6,347 of 7,140
It didn't work. It went from just under 60% to off in about 30 minutes. I've now gone back to 1.0.9 and am charging the unit. I hope I haven't f(u)cked it up!

Just to make it clear, this was a brand new unit that had the battery modification when it was manufactured and not a unit that was sent back.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #6,348 of 7,140
It didn't work. It went from just under 60% to off in about 30 minutes. I've now gone back to 1.0.9 and am charging the unit. I hope I haven't f(u)cked it up!

Just to make it clear, this was a brand new unit that had the battery modification when it was manufactured and not a unit that was sent back.

Thanks for confirming Darren, I'll keep with v1.09! Hope you can reset it ok.

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #6,350 of 7,140
Wow I’ve been out of touch! I,m still on version 1.0.7 on my old QP1R. Should I update?
Actually the reason I came by here is when I pulled my trusty and well worn QP1R out of its bag just now the wheel and button fell off! I carefully set them back in place and determined that everything is working. Now I can’t get them back off! Does anyone here know how they stay attached normally? Is it magnetic? I could certainly try to contact Bruce via the Facebook site but I am confident I can fix it myself if someone tells me how it should be permanently attached. I thought the button glued on, then it would hold the wheel in place, but a small miscalculation with the glue could lock out the push button feature, that would be game over. I certainly don’t see any glue residue. Also it looks like Teflon pipe thread tape or something on the underside of the wheel.
Anywhooo, thanks for any help or advice, I haven’t been visiting much but my QP1R has been an integral part of my daily listening.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #6,351 of 7,140
Wow I’ve been out of touch! I,m still on version 1.0.7 on my old QP1R. Should I update?
Actually the reason I came by here is when I pulled my trusty and well worn QP1R out of its bag just now the wheel and button fell off! I carefully set them back in place and determined that everything is working. Now I can’t get them back off! Does anyone here know how they stay attached normally? Is it magnetic? I could certainly try to contact Bruce via the Facebook site but I am confident I can fix it myself if someone tells me how it should be permanently attached. I thought the button glued on, then it would hold the wheel in place, but a small miscalculation with the glue could lock out the push button feature, that would be game over. I certainly don’t see any glue residue. Also it looks like Teflon pipe thread tape or something on the underside of the wheel.
Anywhooo, thanks for any help or advice, I haven’t been visiting much but my QP1R has been an integral part of my daily listening.
I would contact Bruce/Questyle ASAP so they can put the button on for you (as you would need special/specific tools to do so).

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #6,352 of 7,140
I would contact Bruce/Questyle ASAP so they can put the button on for you (as you would need special/specific tools to do so).

That is correct. The button attaches to the PCB from the back of the board, which means the unit has to be opened from the back and the battery removed to access it. If you try to simply glue it in place, it will cease to work and will be a costly repair. There is a very small drop of adhesive under the button to keep it centered while it is attached from the rear. Contrary to what many people here think, the button is not merely glued on. Please contact me at usa@questyle.com to arrange for repair.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #6,354 of 7,140
Sweet, thanks guys. I’ll contact you B2. PS, please don’t tell anyone I wore my button out by playing with it too much. Let’s keep that our little secret.
Eh, only a few people know.

3A92C7A9-432B-455E-A5DE-8B969D0782A8.gif

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #6,356 of 7,140

After going back to 1.0.9, all is well. I can't understand why this firmware makes so much difference on my (Battery modified from new) unit, when it made my last unit from November 2017, worse.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #6,357 of 7,140
After going back to 1.0.9, all is well. I can't understand why this firmware makes so much difference on my (Battery modified from new) unit, when it made my last unit from November 2017, worse.

How many QP1Rs you had now Darren? Testament to its sound quality that you keep buying other DAPs but still come back!

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #6,358 of 7,140
I've lost count! lol. All I want now is for the volume to be given back that was present in the1.0.8 firmware, that has been taken away in the 1.0.9. I noticed it in November 2017 and again yesterday, doing an A/B test with both firmware with the same IEMs (1More E1001 triple driver).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #6,360 of 7,140
Is there any timeframe for the release of the new firmware?
Unfortunately, no - I’ll speak with the powers that be to hopefully receive a possible timeframe in the near future. For now, I’ll continue to be content with the v1.0.8 firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back