Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 9, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #601 of 7,140
  Hello watch thread friend, are you going to purchase a QP1/QP1R?

I was actually looking into all available 2 slot players --> http://www.head-fi.org/t/788931/2x-microsd-slot-dap-which-one

Recently got the FiiO X5 2nd gen for a fairly good price, but yeah, I've been reading lots of good things on the QP1 especially on the Ether-C thread (which is a closed-back I plan to get hopefully soon) so I'm definitely interested!

I have to say regarding the FiiO that I'm quite surprised.
Definitely an improvement over their first generation, especially software-wise!!!

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #602 of 7,140
I was actually looking into all available 2 slot players --> http://www.head-fi.org/t/788931/2x-microsd-slot-dap-which-one

Recently got the FiiO X5 2nd gen for a fairly good price, but yeah, I've been reading lots of good things on the QP1 especially on the Ether-C thread (which is a closed-back I plan to get hopefully soon) so I'm definitely interested!

I have to say regarding the FiiO that I'm quite surprised.
Definitely an improvement over their first generation, especially software-wise!!!

Yeah, the ETHER C sounds very crisp and buttoned-up with the QP1R, and the TH-X00 is simply currently my favorite closed (semi-closed) headphone paired with the QP1R, regardless of brand or price-point.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #604 of 7,140
Not 100% sure as of this writing regarding the QP1 (I wouldn't see why there would be a difference), but the times I've tried it with the QP1R, it happened when the volume was exceeding loud; way past healthy listening levels, as mentioned in the review.

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #606 of 7,140
Dec 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #607 of 7,140
Dec 13, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #609 of 7,140
Sorry I forgot to ask, have you done a comparison just on SQ between the balanced output Pono against the QP1R?

No I have not.  There are Ponos being sold at Fry's (currently 9 US states with stores), but not sure if I can use their balanced output for A/Bing.  With that said, I will probably never get to try out the balanced output without someone at least lending me a balanced cable to perform such A/B tests (such as an MMCX version for my SE846).

If you really want a comparison (unless someone creates a comparison post first), PM me and send me a balanced cable such as an MMCX version and I'll compare the SQ of the Pono balanced output with the single ended output of the QP1R.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #611 of 7,140
Did you get to try CIEM's with both QP1 and QP1R?  Was there a difference in the sound?  

I'm thinking of getting either the QP1 or R but I only use the Noble 4C and my only can is the Beyer DT1350.  

Would the QP1 be enough for these or would sound be not as transparent and controlled because of the components used in the R?

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #612 of 7,140
  Did you get to try CIEM's with both QP1 and QP1R?  Was there a difference in the sound?  

I'm thinking of getting either the QP1 or R but I only use the Noble 4C and my only can is the Beyer DT1350.  

Would the QP1 be enough for these or would sound be not as transparent and controlled because of the components used in the R?

Who are these inquiries/questions directed to? (I do not want to assume)

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #614 of 7,140

Sorry, @moedawg140 they were mean't for you.  =)

Thanks

There was a difference, but not a night and day difference, more like a dusk to night difference.  Some IEMs and headphones may accentuate the differences and some may not emit as apparent certain differences.

I would personally say to go for the QP1 if you are strapped for cash, knowing you will receive a great sounding DAP, and go for the QP1R if you want the best SQ that Questyle can currently offer, for a few hundred dollars more.

What color would you be going for?

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #615 of 7,140
Moedawg,

I was thinking about getting the Empire Spartan-IV,

I see on their website they have a customization option to lower the sensitivity to help out with hissing. Is this a needed option with the QP1R? I mean was this an opton on the pair you listened too?

<Thinking to myself ... I'm wondering if these would actually sound 'that' much better than my currect Westone UM Pro 50's>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back