Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #5,963 of 7,140
I wanted to share my experience till now with the device in around 1 month usage.

I like the player, i faced lots of problems it seems to be concerning ram and space under heavy usage but i think under normal usage there will be no issues, so not a deal breaker for me..

Since i got it first thing i updated the firmware and the battery has been working in a good manner, dont know if mine skipped the battery problems or it takes some time to happen ..

I use 400 gb card, with a bit more than 20000 files, the library is updated with only the limit, when i try to open a playlist containing large number of files, it takes long time and eventually gives a blue screen of death, so i stopped doing this.

Also when i keep going manually through folders and play songs sometimes all the folders appear under one name and they are all empty then i have to restart ..

Also, when i use it in shuffle ( my normal way to go ) with any song numbered in the library above 12000 fast forward and rewind doesnt work.

I think all these are ram problems or how ram is handled by software and may be the reason why they dont want to increase the file limit.

Other than that i use it under shuffle, when iam craving some song, i seek it by browsing and iam liking what i hear.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #5,966 of 7,140
Hey Guys.

We've just returned from our holiday break and hope you all had a very Merry Christmas or fantastic Hanukah and a very festive New Year celebration!!

Thus far, I have only received messages from 7 people that are complaining of still experiencing battery indicator issues. Is there anyone else here experiencing this, or any other issue with their QP1R, that hasn't yet contacted me? If so, please PM me your contact information as soon as possible so we can assist each and every one of you individually with any troubles you are experiencing

Those of you who have sent there info in, I will be in touch with you very shortly as we get caught up from being away for the holidays.

On behalf of all of us at Questyle we wish you all the very best for the new year!! May 2018 bring you all good health, happiness and prosperity, and I assure you, a fully working QP1R!

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #5,968 of 7,140
There is no recall, or any plans of such, or any need to. Thus far, there are extremely few players that are still experiencing an issue with the battery indicator after the update, so far 7 here and 2 outside of the head-fi community, of the thousands that are out there! It would obviously be ridiculous to recall all of them because of a very few players. That said, I am sure those of yo that are still experiencing an issue don't want to hear any of this, only want YOUR player to work correctly and we assure you that we will make that so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #5,970 of 7,140
I wanted to share my experience till now with the device in around 1 month usage.

I like the player, i faced lots of problems it seems to be concerning ram and space under heavy usage but i think under normal usage there will be no issues, so not a deal breaker for me..

Since i got it first thing i updated the firmware and the battery has been working in a good manner, dont know if mine skipped the battery problems or it takes some time to happen ..

I use 400 gb card, with a bit more than 20000 files, the library is updated with only the limit, when i try to open a playlist containing large number of files, it takes long time and eventually gives a blue screen of death, so i stopped doing this.

Also when i keep going manually through folders and play songs sometimes all the folders appear under one name and they are all empty then i have to restart ..

Also, when i use it in shuffle ( my normal way to go ) with any song numbered in the library above 12000 fast forward and rewind doesnt work.

I think all these are ram problems or how ram is handled by software and may be the reason why they dont want to increase the file limit.

Other than that i use it under shuffle, when iam craving some song, i seek it by browsing and iam liking what i hear.

Hi kingdixon.

Though the new 400GB cards apparently work with the QP1R, the fw was originally written to accommodate up to 128GB. We verified with the last few fw updates that it functions as it should with the 200GB cards. Anything above 200GB is not verified to function correctly with all of the QP1Rs functions and features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back