Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 6, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #5,896 of 7,140
Genre selection showing list of albums I would only appreciate with the option of play through, because otherwise shuffle play is useless (as it is already for the category "artists".
If I go to category "songs", I can shuffle play all my music, if I go to category "genre", I can shuffle play all my hip hop, electro, jazz, rock, etc.
If I go to category "artist", i only can shuffle play through one particular album of the artist..
And I won't do playlists for every artist.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #5,898 of 7,140
I would appreciate the possibility to shuffle through artists too...
More so, if I could just wish unrealistic future upgrades, I would love the possibility to shuffle simultaneously through multiple subfolders (on different levels), for example: shuffle through all folk (genre) & Norah Jones (artist) & Dark side of the moon (album) & smooth criminal (song)

The cowon s9 could do that, I loved it and I miss it

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #5,899 of 7,140
I'm older guy. Many of you were not born or were very young when I was serving in Army overseas. Many of my generation are accustomed listening to albums from start to finish. Understand attraction of shuffle function, but don't use it much. I tend to think of albums as concept in whole to be consumed start to finish. Never really cared for greatest hit albums. When young it was fun listening to music singles on jukeboxes and those 45's with one selection on each side. If I had been told when I was young my future music tastes would consist mostly of Jazz and classical I would have laughed my head off. This from one who liked the Stones, MC5, James Brown and Johnny Cash growing up.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #5,900 of 7,140
I totally agree with you, satir.
I spend months to choose a DAP. Thought about players that could do streaming, Internet, Android driven, in those days many consider me crazy buying albums, CDs or digital. I chose the QP1R for sq first, but also for the thing you mentioned. An player without touchscreen, with less than good usability I thought it would help me to listen more to albums as a whole. And I'm listening more now this way. But there are always days I can't choose from my library, so much music and what should I listen now? I loved the times I owned some 20-30 CDs and knew them inside out.
Someone here mentioned some time ago, these days most suffer from musical ADHD, and I sadly realised I'm one of them.
But I'm fighting against it!

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #5,901 of 7,140
Did someone get the 400 gb card to work, i tried formatting inside the device but when i hook it with the pc it shows 110 gb drive ..

Should i try to format it on the pc ?

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #5,904 of 7,140
I'm older guy. Many of you were not born or were very young when I was serving in Army overseas. Many of my generation are accustomed listening to albums from start to finish. Understand attraction of shuffle function, but don't use it much. I tend to think of albums as concept in whole to be consumed start to finish. Never really cared for greatest hit albums, especially for classical genres. When young it was fun listening to music singles on jukeboxes and those 45's with one selection on each side. If someone told me at eighteen in my future half my music listening would be classical and much of the other half Jazz I would have laughed my head off.

I like listening to the whole album as well. That is the product the artist intended to get to the public so I want to hear what they created as it was intended.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #5,906 of 7,140
I would think so. If it can't format properly, use the computer and let us know how it goes.

I had to format the 400gb cards outside of the QP1R .. I have 2 players they each have one 400 & one 256 cards .. seems to be working fine .. almost 17K flac files

So when is the library limit going to be increased? Inquiring minds would seriously like to know?

Hint hint hint

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #5,907 of 7,140
Anyone in the US still having problems with the battery indicator issue, please PM me with your name, address, phone and email. I will assist you with getting your player working properly.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #5,908 of 7,140
I had to format the 400gb cards outside of the QP1R .. I have 2 players they each have one 400 & one 256 cards .. seems to be working fine .. almost 17K flac files

So when is the library limit going to be increased? Inquiring minds would seriously like to know?

Hint hint hint

Great, i still didnt try though, what did you format to fat or exfat ?

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #5,909 of 7,140
What about being in Europe and still having problems with the battery issue? How do you help the US people? Changing the device? Hardware? Or can you assist by giving recommendations on how to treat the DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back