Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #5,868 of 7,140
Regardless of the current problems and issues of this device,

I did pull the trigger on a qp1r and 2x400 gb, too bad i couldnt take advantage of any black friday deals because i had problems with my credit card at the time, but now my problems are solved so i couldnt wait for any deals to show up.

Well, iam in egypt and there are no show rooms here and non of the daps are sold here so i can try it out, but my choices were may be x7, plenue 1, dp-x1a , ak70 mk2, ak300 also kann but would have dropped the sd cards so i just depended on online reviews, and i mainly got it because of the praised and reputable sound quality + the ability to drive inefficient cans without using additional amp, my zx2 drives iems just fine but no more than that.

My current problems is the battery indicator, i guess i have to count the playing hours so not to get stuck, also the file limit (wish they could take it up a notch), and missing hardware buttons as i normally like to shuffle my library and only skip songs while in my pocket but i guess i will have to keep the device in my hand to easy access it..

Also, is it recommended to stay on 1.08 or do i update to latest when i receive it ?

I keep wondering did i make a stupid move getting it now, should i have waited for issues to get solved or may be even look elsewhere, but all I can say iam pretty excited !! :L3000::L3000:

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #5,869 of 7,140
I'm doing the second drain right now. But this will be the last, I don't want to harm the battery.
Seems that now it will die at approx 90% (it was 86% on 1.08). If it would stay that way, it wouldn't be that bad, 1% would be 10% for my counting..
The SQ still rocks

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #5,870 of 7,140
The problem is the writing is so f#<>!^£g small I can’t actually read it therefore I’m guessing what the percentage actually is!

I’m not going to bother draining my battery down again. Until Questyle confirms how to get the indicator / update to work we are all just guessing and im not going to chance making matters worse.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #5,873 of 7,140
First page after install has language selection. Perhaps you forwarded through it. With FW, you should always be prepared to try it more than once. I've had fails and partial fails with FW on other devices and had to redo. Not on the QP1r yet but this sort hiccup during install thing isn't product specific. Make sure it's charged up or plugged into power and try 1.09 again. Also make certain that your gain setting is the same as before. Default is high and may be why you hear a difference. I have normal versions of 1.05, 1.06 and 1,08. I'll need to zip them again but PM me if your download doesn't have language selection on the opening page but I suspect it does.
Installing the 1.08FW...it doesn't show the language screen like it does with the 1.09. Another thing that I noticed, though I may be imagining it, is that on Low gain I need to turn the volume way up past what I was used to. I used to start at 10 and then creep up too high 20's where I was perfectly content. Now it's more like the 40's or 50's. I wasn't experiencing any problems with 1.08 and what changes were made in the new FW I don't care about. If I could get a copy of the 1.08 in English...I'd be perfectly happy.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #5,875 of 7,140
Regardless of the current problems and issues of this device,

I did pull the trigger on a qp1r and 2x400 gb, too bad i couldnt take advantage of any black friday deals because i had problems with my credit card at the time, but now my problems are solved so i couldnt wait for any deals to show up.

Well, iam in egypt and there are no show rooms here and non of the daps are sold here so i can try it out, but my choices were may be x7, plenue 1, dp-x1a , ak70 mk2, ak300 also kann but would have dropped the sd cards so i just depended on online reviews, and i mainly got it because of the praised and reputable sound quality + the ability to drive inefficient cans without using additional amp, my zx2 drives iems just fine but no more than that.

My current problems is the battery indicator, i guess i have to count the playing hours so not to get stuck, also the file limit (wish they could take it up a notch), and missing hardware buttons as i normally like to shuffle my library and only skip songs while in my pocket but i guess i will have to keep the device in my hand to easy access it..

Also, is it recommended to stay on 1.08 or do i update to latest when i receive it ?

I keep wondering did i make a stupid move getting it now, should i have waited for issues to get solved or may be even look elsewhere, but all I can say iam pretty excited !! :L3000::L3000:
I think you'll be pleased and yes, do the FW. No downside to previous iterations.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #5,876 of 7,140
Was 100% and updated to 1.09, run all the way and shut down at 14%. Charged for 5 hrs +/- still 47%.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #5,877 of 7,140
I've been doing some testing of my own on a relatively new QP1R, but it is from our own loan stock so it's had a bit of use. I'll keep monitoring it with V1.0.9 installed to see if there are any changes over time but for now it works fine, with linear discharge down to about 4%, then full recharge to 100%. I'm using it on a daily basis. If you are in the UK and have had no luck with the update please PM me and I'll assist in getting yours fixed.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #5,880 of 7,140
The problem is the writing is so f#<>!^£g small I can’t actually read it therefore I’m guessing what the percentage actually is!

Have you tried increasing the font size to max in the settings menu? It might make life with it easier. I guess that could be a catch 22 if you are struggling to see stuff with the current size in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back