Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 29, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #5,776 of 7,140
Can someone post a list of exactly what the new firmware changes are ??

From the Questyle site (it's further back on this thread somewhere as well...)

QP1R V1.0.9 Firmware Update:
1. Volume level is upgraded from “0-60” to “0-120”, which improves the control precision.
2. “DSD Gain” is a new feature added in Settings. You can select it to set the gain compensation for DSD and PCM output.
3. Battery indicator is improved and it shows precise battery level of QP1R.
4. A logo for the patent of Current Mode Amplification is added on the startup screen.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #5,779 of 7,140
Can someone explain the new feature DSD Gain?
DSD files are often mastered with lower gain than PCM files so, you can add automatic gain compensation with this feature. Saves adjusting main volume if you have mixed DSD / PCM files in a playlist, for example.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #5,780 of 7,140
Can someone explain the new feature DSD Gain?

DSD is generally 6dB quieter than the same recording in native PCM. This is to prevent overload in the sigma-delta modulator. Typically you can boost the playback by 6dB, especially with classical recordings, but there are also DSD recordings mastered without 6dB of headroom.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #5,781 of 7,140
I hope it does fix the battery indicator. Seeing it brought up continuously as a complaint is getting tiresome.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #5,784 of 7,140
Nov 29, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #5,785 of 7,140
I got it to work with a brand new qp1r by draining the battery completely and charging to 100% after installing the new fw. Afterwards, it drained in a linear way to switch off at 4%. This was only tested once, though.

After Moe stating he is still having issues, I no choice but to RMA it back. This has been going on for a year now and we are getting mixed results with the fix.
That's why I was suggesting earlier, that maybe a full charge to full drain might recalibrate the battery indicator from time to time. I heard somewhere, that it's good to do that once in a while, with rechargable sources. Maybe someone can either debunk or confirm my post?

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #5,786 of 7,140
There are numerous sites explaining how Li-Ion batteries should be treated. My understanding is, they feel best between approx 20 - 80 percent. So no full charging, neither full drain is really good for them. Of course, no one is taking of a smartphone from charging at 80 percent. It's almost impossible to accomplish this, as most people charge over night. Charging to full is not really bad, but it's not good to let them rest on 100 percent for longer time plugged in. Full drain is surely no good for li ion.

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #5,789 of 7,140
Mo got a giggle due to your return slip. 'Mines working now but please repair it. I have no choice because, you know, Mo.' I'm not making light of your situation but it was worded in a way that made it funny. I suspect certain users will simply need a certain amount of acceptance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back