Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #5,807 of 7,140
I'm down to about 93% after about 3 hours (?) of listening...mine usually dies / depletes rapidly below 90%, so doesn't look like there will be any change :frowning2:

Same behaviour with mine - after 2 hours 96% - will try to full empty the battery and recharge it again.
But i never believed that they could fix the battery issue - but it doesn't really matter me.
After rapidly close down i will recharge it and in the meantime i use my AK320.

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #5,808 of 7,140
I upgraded today to 1.09 on 100%, after two hours listening it's 96%. So seems bad. But: I'll let it play all night down until it shuts down (I'll be sleeping by then), then charge to full full. And then check again the accuracy of the battery indicator.
The happy thing for me: I don't really bother anymore. The DAP is playing music for hours. (Yes, still would be nice to have accurate battery)

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #5,810 of 7,140
Well,

Regardless of the battery issue being hard or easy to solve, it is kinda hard to grasp that a company takes such time to solve a problem and solve it while passing qc and testing, then the problem persists.

If there are required steps to correctly do this, they should have posted some instructions.

But since they are silent, i think the only two things, is to drain it full and recharge it full for a couple of cycles, and also factory reset after firmware ( if its not a hassle for users to try )

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #5,811 of 7,140
Hi everybody - I'd recommend a few full-charge/full-discharge cycles before reaching any conclusions on the new firmware. It seems better to me. My player used to shut down at 85%. Now it's shutting down at ~14%. That's an improvement of... wait, got to get my calculator... 71% :)

Let's say I'm playing an dj set on my QP1R. The whole album is seamlessly (gaplessly?) recorded, even if divided up in tracks. Will there be an difference whether gapless playback is on or off?

In theory there might be. If you have one giant track all glued together, then you won't need gapless, so might as well turn it off.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #5,812 of 7,140
So I went to sleep leaving the QP1R playing..
Good thing: it still played this morning which means the battery is in really good shape.
Bad thing: it showed 100%..
That was the first drain after moving to 1.09. Now comes first charge. Let's see if it gets better

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #5,814 of 7,140
I would really appreciate a comment from Questyle here. The precise battery level is mentioned as part of the fw update. They said they worked hard to do it right, and for not be forced to roll out fixes for the update.
They tested the fw. What was the conclusion of the testings.
Any comment Questyle please.
In the meantime I'm charging

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #5,818 of 7,140
I didn't lose all hope.
Even if the indicator stays faulty, I love the player
But some information would really be great
"Calm down, do some charge cycles, it'll work out"
Or
"Unfortunately the issue persists, we're still working on it"
Or
"Unfortunately the issue persists, we don't see any further possibilities to work it out"
Anything would help to know where it stands

Nov 30, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #5,820 of 7,140
I agree, it would be nice to hear from Questyle about the battery issue and whether it is fixed, if we need to do a factory reset or need to fully discharge etc...

I'm not going to fully deplete my battery and then recharge because 1) I don't think it'll make any difference , 2) I don't think depleting the battery is good for it, there's a reason why it turns off at 4% or whatever it is.

My unit has the new scroll wheel and I think was originally purchased on Jan 17 or Dec 16. I'm the serving owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back