Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
May 28, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #4,846 of 7,140
Any comparisons between the Questyle QP1R and the Ibasso DX200?
Thanks.

May 29, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #4,847 of 7,140
Nevermind, found this:
From
Deezel177

"The DX200 is very close to neutral, with a smoothness that allows it to sound organic and natural as well. The QP1R has a brighter and more revealing signature. The QP1R would theoretically pair better with the H8.2 as the brightness complements the H8.2's darker and warmer signature, though I find the H8.2 + DX200 combo allows for an incredibly expansive, euphonic, and engaging listen. Personally, I'd pick the DX200 on UI alone (I can't stand the QP1R's interface), but I'd audition them both and compare if I were you. Also, you might wanna wait until the QP2R comes out; the successor to the QP1R with improved internals and a balanced output."
Found here.

May 29, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,848 of 7,140
May 29, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #4,849 of 7,140
We posted at the same time - I didn't read the above post before I posted mine. What's good is that the QP1R is still the best sounding DAP I've listened to so far, which includes the DX200. I'll still be using SE as the baseline in comparisons since all DAPs use it, but I'll be comparing with balanced as well, with the UEPRR and its 2.5mm stock balanced cable.

May 29, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #4,850 of 7,140
Yes sir, sound absolutely wonderful with that album!
IMG_0962.GIF

Glad you're liking the combo!
IMG_0963.GIF

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #4,851 of 7,140
YES!!! I have finally found the playlist. Thank you, moedawg140!

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #4,852 of 7,140
Jun 3, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #4,853 of 7,140
Jun 3, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #4,854 of 7,140
Jun 3, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #4,856 of 7,140
Jun 3, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #4,857 of 7,140
How does she compare to the QP1R?
I would definitely call it a she after listening to it - as the angelic voice that it graces you with is simply...angelic.

5 minutes passed by before I continued writing this sentence, thinking of what to write, thoughts of how to write it, thinking how it would be perceived (I am not paid by Questyle) -- but this is a product that when you hear it - leaves no doubt in your mind. I've never said that about a product (including the HE 1, which in my opinion is one of the overall best personal audio showpieces in the world!), however the QP2R, for now, is: game over.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #4,858 of 7,140
I will never part with my QP1R.
The QP1R is amazing and I will always adore it, even after listening to the QP2R. But it's not a fair comparison once Balanced is used in the equation. Not fair, meaning the full Balanced implementation (and SE as well), has more depth, expansiveness and clarity than the QP1R. I wanted to add "much more" instead of "more" to each capability, but didn't want to seem like I'm hyping it up all crazy. It's not hype. It's the truth. The QP1R has the tightness and detail that is unrivaled by most DAPs at any price in the market. Those that have the QP1R should feel proud to own it, as I don't want to part with mine. They sound completely different to me, so that's where the inherent beauty lies between both products.

With that said -- the QP2R is not here to take part, it is here to take over.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #4,859 of 7,140
The QP1R is amazing and I will always adore it, even after listening to the QP2R. But it's not a fair comparison once Balanced is used in the equation. Not fair, meaning the full Balanced implementation (and SE as well), has more depth, expansiveness and clarity than the QP1R. I wanted to add "much more" instead of "more" to each capability, but didn't want to seem like I'm hyping it up all crazy. It's not hype. It's the truth. The QP1R has the tightness and detail that is unrivaled by most DAPs at any price in the market. Those that have the QP1R should feel proud to own it, as I don't want to part with mine. They sound completely different to me, so that's where the inherent beauty lies between both products.

With that said -- the QP2R is not here to take part, it is here to take over.[/
QUOTE]I'd love to try one. But, I've invested a fair amount of can$scrap paper into SE-tipped silver. And, though it's understandable that a choice had to be made at the expense of one mSD slot, I think I'll just have to continue my love affair with my 1R.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #4,860 of 7,140
I would definitely call it a she after listening to it - as the angelic voice that it graces you with is simply...angelic.

5 minutes passed by before I continued writing this sentence, thinking of what to write, thoughts of how to write it, thinking how it would be perceived (I am not paid by Questyle) -- but this is a product that when you hear it - leaves no doubt in your mind. I've never said that about a product (including the HE 1, which in my opinion is one of the overall best personal audio showpieces in the world!), however the QP2R, for now, is: game over.

I like the DAC Questyle is using this time, AK4490.
This DAC is also used in Esoteric K01X SACD/DAC model which cost about $20K.
I thought I saw the Bluetooth icon in the QP2R model. Is this true @moedawg140 ?
I thought I saw you at AK booth in some video hearing the Kann model ( AK4490 Dac chip also ). If so, can you compare the two?
I wish vendor would design the QP2R's shape differently this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back