Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
May 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #4,816 of 7,140
While the QP2R looks very similar to the QP1R, it is a whole different animal inside, much more horsepower, different OS and UI, different wheel and more. Due to the increase in horsepower, we had to sacrifice the 2nd card slot as there was just no where on the pcb to put it. While you might think "well that's a deal killer for me", please reserve judgement until you have it in your hand and you hear it!! You're very likely to change your mind.

As for the QP1R, we are still working on the next fw update which will address the battery indicator as well as other things. We understand it is frustrating, but please be patient and allow us the time to do it right.
Hi, while for me not having a second slot as something that will break the deal however I do wonder whether it still possible to upgrade the internal storage to something higher. I really like the house sound of the first generation DAP you offered and I am sure the 2R is just as good however I dont see the logic in not wanting to use a larger internal storage. That probably what will be a more important factor for most people.
I did some research a while back that the price difference between the 64 GB to 128 GB is matter of few dollar and the 128 GB are easy to source.

May 26, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,817 of 7,140
Where, or what page is the Questyle QP1R playlist on?

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4,818 of 7,140
I LOVE HEAD-FI.ORG!!!

May 26, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,819 of 7,140
Where, or what page is the Questyle QP1R play lost on?
I created the playlist in Spotify, in order of recommendation in this thread. Search "QP1R" and you'll find the playlist (currently searching "qp" pulls up the playlist).

May 26, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #4,820 of 7,140
I created the playlist in Spotify, in order of recommendation in this thread. Search "QP1R" and you'll find the playlist (currently searching "qp" pulls up the playlist).

Moedawg 140, you are beautiful!

May 26, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #4,821 of 7,140
May 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #4,822 of 7,140
Moedawg140, help me, should I get the Lotoo Paw Gold Diana?

May 26, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #4,823 of 7,140
Moedawg140, help me, should I get the Lotoo Paw Gold Diana?
I haven't listened to it yet, I'm almost certain I will be able to next month at CanJam London. I'll definitely let you know my thoughts at that time. By then, I should have listened to most all of the new DAPs as well including the new A&K SP1000. Since so many DAPs are balanced now, I'll probably be adding thoughts based on that implementation as well.

My IEM of choice for balanced, for now, will be the UEPRR, especially when I go there (hopefully today to their world headquarters) and pick up one of their stock 2.5 balanced cables.

I hope the 25 picture limit has been lifted so I can update my review, because right now, I cannot due to Head-Fi picture amount limitations errors that I receive.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,825 of 7,140
It's going down! So happy right now...good to be positive, even if a day may not have gone exactly as you wanted (mine was great)...

Just aquired a 2.5mm Balanced Cable from Ultimate Ears' headquarters, that will be used for my balanced listening comparisons -- which would be the QP2R, and any DAP that uses the 2.5mm port.

The entire staff there is nothing short of amazing - their customer service is of the upper echelon of awesome!

IMG_0929.JPG

UE 2.5mm Balanced Cable

IMG_0925.JPG

Nice plant with CIEM

IMG_0927.JPG

A closer look at a snazzy design

IMG_0928.JPG

The UE Sound Tap -- all sorts of wow!

UE has been using the QP1R at various audio meets/events, and it will be nice when they can use the QP2R!

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #4,827 of 7,140
Some of my favourite test tracks i use when i compare the QP1R against the competition at various audio meets :
Cowboy Junkies - Shining Moon - DSD
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing - DSD
Holly Cole - My foolish Heart - DSD
Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room - 24/96 FLAC
Diana Krall - California Dreamin' - 24/192 FLAC
Norah Jones - Come Away With me - 24/192 FLAC
Muse - The Resistance - 24/96 FLAC
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey - 16/44.1 FLAC
Bat For Lashes - Daniel - 16/44.1 FLAC
Kate Ryan - Désenchantée - 16/44.1 FLAC

Next up : CanJam London !

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #4,829 of 7,140
Understood. Will stick to music and music gear on this site. Will express outrage over double speak, racism, prejudice, bullying, inappropriate aggression, narcism, arrogance, nepotism, extreme greed, lying/dishonesty and other disgraceful exhibitions of human ignorance and character flaws in more appropriate venues.
Trust me, I feel you. Completely -- in more ways than one. It's just the site doesn't allow for that. The posts can and probably would be deleted, and, the thread may close/get locked (as I've seen it happen to this site many times before).

On another note, the new Massdrop x NuForce EDC In-Ear Monitors sound glorious with the QP1R -- and is also one of my favorite fitting IEMs I've felt in my ears.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #4,830 of 7,140
Just ordered Lotoo Paw Gold Diana to compliment my Questyle QP1R. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back