Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 30, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,452 of 7,140
So, this 16 and 24 thing neds a bit more rigor.  I agree that you need to start with a good sounding recording, and a good job of mastering, before anything else can even matter.  That said, you simply can't manufacture bits or add frequency extension that isn't there in the first place.  

Redbook masters can't be magically converted into "real" hi rez. files.  

If you have a hi rez master recording, you can keep it in its native resolution, amnd that is probably going to give better sound than downconverting it-especially if you do not do ineger math on it.

If you are doing a needle drop, hi rez. prlbably will sound better than red-book or mp3-using good gear.

If you zero-pad a 16 bit file to 24 bits, and you are using a digital volume control, the extra bits will contribute to better souond at lower volumes, since you then do not have to throw away data to make it less loud.

Please remember to enjoy the music, first and foremost. 

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #3,454 of 7,140
You can hold the previous or next track capacitance sensor, which then acts as rewind or fast-forward. The audio is muted, so you don't have any audible cues but it still gets the job done.

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #3,455 of 7,140
Mr CraftyClown here has brought me to the darkside. I had the mojo first but I feel it's really midcentric with rolled off treble. Also bass at times feel thuddish. There is this weird digital treble grain with the mojo....like it tries to be so detailed yet smooth at the same time. Then I got a zx2 and listened single ended. Imaging was better but was not pleased. Then went balanced...then it was a total beast. Way better imaging. Great all around resolution and detail. Esp inner detail like when a singer sustains a note. You can hear all the fluctuations and the grain in the voice. You can also hear silence and lisps in some singers. Also I love the drums and cymbal hits...just love that shizzz zz of that cymbal. Just the deal breaker with the Sony was....I couldn't use my studio monitors with them because of weak output and I didn't want to go pita balanced cable. Also the lack of dac functionality. Yoy cant listen to the sony other than out of stock player so it makes tidal useless on it. I do miss it after listening to my brand new go v2+ infinity. Though it sounds good balanced and more detailed, I don't find it very emotional and inner nuances arent there either. The percussion is like tizz tizz and there is slight digital grain and less meat around all the notes vs zx2. Hence I decided to get a qp1r after hearing drummers say it sounds ok(now that had become a deal breaker). I don't need to stack and also have usb dac functionality and don't need a seperate amp. Also has line out for my studio monitors so all in all...prob best purchase in an all in one, but all depends on the sound when I hear it when it comes. Will let you know my thoughts. Just only thing that scares me is that wheel ><. Hope it isn't too smooth.

​Interested how you find it. If you stick the wheel cover on straight away I don't think you will have a problem. For me a firmer volume control would give a quality feel, but am fine with the wheel, and its also an addition to the buttons. Funny that quite a few of us here are using cymbals as a guide, this certainly isn't a DAP for those that like rolled off treble
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,456 of 7,140
So, I am looking at QP1R on Amazon UK site. Sold by "Planet Gizmo", hereon-in I will call PG. So I go to PG's own website and if you pay by debit card you get a further 3% off of the already good price of £700. Now that makes for an awesome price for the QP1R.
BUT, and this is a really important BUT, the reviews for that site are shockingly bad, like proper bad. Complaints galore.
Has anyone from here ordered off the PG website?
I think I will wait and maybe hope for a Black Friday deal if i'm lucky from somewhere I can trust.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #3,457 of 7,140
So, I am looking at QP1R on Amazon UK site. Sold by "Planet Gizmo", hereon-in I will call PG. So I go to PG's own website and if you pay by debit card you get a further 3% off of the already good price of £700. Now that makes for an awesome price for the QP1R.
BUT, and this is a really important BUT, the reviews for that site are shockingly bad, like proper bad. Complaints galore.
Has anyone from here ordered off the PG website?
I think I will wait and maybe hope for a Black Friday deal if i'm lucky from somewhere I can trust.

I ordered mine exactly the same as way as you, directly from their website and it was delivered no problem the next day. I think the guy is called James if I remember correctly. He contacted me to double check the delivery address as I managed to balls it up somehow :) Long story short, great service, quick delivery, highly recommended.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #3,458 of 7,140
Has anyone tried to resolve the problem QP1R's clickwheel which is so tight?

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #3,459 of 7,140
Oct 30, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #3,460 of 7,140
Has anyone tried to resolve the problem QP1R's clickwheel which is so tight?
I have had mine just after they came out for sale and I hated the wheel from the get go. I tried the stickers and it help out for sure. My sticker kept falling off as I would throw it in a backpack to take to meets or on travel . Now I use nothing as it has loosened up to the point that it works just fine.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,461 of 7,140
I have had mine just after they came out for sale and I hated the wheel from the get go. I tried the stickers and it help out for sure. My sticker kept falling off as I would throw it in a backpack to take to meets or on travel . Now I use nothing as it has loosened up to the point that it works just fine.

Great to know. Mine is still hard work without the sticker, but it's only a few weeks old.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,462 of 7,140
Great to know. Mine is still hard work without the sticker, but it's only a few weeks old.
It does loosen up over time I have had mine for almost a year now.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,463 of 7,140
It does loosen up over time I have had mine for almost a year now.

Great, thanks. I presumed it would, but good to hear it confirmed

Oct 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #3,465 of 7,140
Great, thanks. I presumed it would, but good to hear it confirmed

It's been confirmed many times in the thread; the wheel, for better or worse, is the most discussed aspect of the QP1R in this thread.

For those that are looking for a budget IEM that sounds really good with the QP1R, the UB Dash Sport Earbuds with Mic, which was $5.99 at Marshalls, is a fantastic choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back