Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Aug 31, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,716 of 7,140
Aug 31, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #2,717 of 7,140
My friend wouldn't post it (previous page's last USB DAC connection picture) if it didn't work. @csglinux is the real deal.
beerchug.gif

sorry, its just that this just blew my mind haha. I really wonder if there are specific requirements the phone has to fulfill when it comes to power or if any Android phone can do this.. probably the former I would assume but I have no idea tbh.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #2,718 of 7,140
  sorry, its just that this just blew my mind haha. I really wonder if there are specific requirements the phone has to fulfill when it comes to power or if any Android phone can do this.. probably the former I would assume but I have no idea tbh.

Right?  Pretty cool!

As for specific requirements, no one in the world will truly know, it is best to try it out with everything you own yourself to find out if it works correctly for you.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #2,719 of 7,140
Like Moedawg said, you'll need to have a good amount of power in your phone, because the QP1R will draw a bit of juice. Some other USB devices (e.g., the KSE1500) can be put into a mode where charging is disabled. That might be my feature request for v 1.0.8 :wink: Still, this is an awesome job by Questyle :)

P.S. My phone is an S7 Edge.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #2,720 of 7,140

Right?  Pretty cool!

As for specific requirements, no one in the world will truly know, it is best to try it out everything you own yourself to find out if it works correctly for you.

you're right, I just thought about it and I will definitively get the QP1R because I will definitively not be replacing it for a long time if the smartphone connection is possible as has obviously been proven, and I will get that to work sooner or later, if not with my LG V10 then with another Smartphone down the line : )
I mean it's not that I think not having the perfect UI is that horrible, but my music library is highly organised and I rely heavily on iTunes smart playlists for instance, and migrating from this system to another one isnt something I wana think about, I've spent hundreds of hours on this.. there are 40'000 songs in there and every single one of them has a bunch of tags added to them, I created a huge system in order to organise my music and I would not for anything in the world have to pass on that, that's why having a good UI for me is extremely important.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,721 of 7,140
Like Moedawg said, you'll need to have a good amount of power in your phone, because the QP1R will draw a bit of juice. Some other USB devices (e.g., the KSE1500) can be put into a mode where charging is disabled. That might be my feature request for v 1.0.8 :wink: Still, this is an awesome job by Questyle :)

P.S. My phone is an S7 Edge.

yes, this really is an awesome job by Questyle! Thank you for sharing this, if nobody else tries it before me you can expect me to try this with my LG V10 at some point, I will have to get it repaired first which will probably take about a month : )

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #2,722 of 7,140
So I've just had my qp1r for less than a week. The only hassle was finding where the music was on the Mac because you can't transfer directly from iTunes. As for the scroll wheel, it was difficult to turn initially but being able to put more pressure on it while turning because the wheel itself doesn't react to pressing helped loosen it up and it turns perfectly now. I had difficulty applying the sticker(brings back memories of trying to apply something similar on a Sony psp!)so glad it moves freely now without. Some patience always helps and I find I don't actually use the buttons or the wheel much as I just stick the player on shuffle and listen to whatever comes up.

When I find an sd card I'll try the dac function. I've got a connector that I use for the mojo and iPhone 6 so will see if that works similar to the android photo

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #2,727 of 7,140
I was able to get a wheel sticker sent to me but it came with three parts and I am still confused as to which one to use and how to apply properly. The disc without the step 1 and step 2 stickers has one sticky side only. Do I just apply the disc that is thicker and forget about the other two??!?!

See photo

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #2,728 of 7,140
I was able to get a wheel sticker sent to me but it came with three parts and I am still confused as to which one to use and how to apply properly. The disc without the step 1 and step 2 stickers has one sticky side only. Do I just apply the disc that is thicker and forget about the other two??!?!
I wouldn't use the top one in your photo I'd only try to use the ones that have the protective liners still on them.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,730 of 7,140
Ok. Installed the new firmware. Have two grips with remaining bugs (which I have already reported to Questyle a month ago) :

1. I rip all my CDs in FLAC from EAC, including coverart and tags. and the QP1R just cannot read the covers. Those same covers are perfectly read on all other players, from iPhone to desktop.
2. I don't know how the media scanning is performed, but it bring up artists which ARE NOT in my tags, which is particularly annoying.

Apart from that, I love my QP1R, and I'm not trading it anytime soon :)

Eagerly waiting for 1.08 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back