Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,621 of 7,140
I don't understand, turning on the screen? You got a volume knob. No need to turn on the screen.

There's a setting.  I tried it off and changed setting to leave vol. control active.
As for the rest:  I don't look at the screen, so can't help there.  And, I think the world has WAY to many touchscreens.  Nobody seems to like wheels, therefore, maybe they could put a 4-way toggle rocker thing on version II.  But PLEASE, QUESTYLE, no touchscreens I beg you.
I'm sorry that Questyle chose to make their DAPs accessable to all.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #1,624 of 7,140
I'm still patiently waiting for mine. I don't have much faith in my retailer to get them to me.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #1,625 of 7,140
Songs loaded on my replacement Sandisk and everything is back to normal. I now have music artist starting with letter L to Z available to me now.

I have A-K on card one and L-Z on card two.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #1,626 of 7,140
There's a setting.  I tried it off and changed setting to leave vol. control active.
As for the rest:  I don't look at the screen, so can't help there.  And, I think the world has WAY to many touchscreens.  Nobody seems to like wheels, therefore, maybe they could put a 4-way toggle rocker thing on version II.  But PLEASE, QUESTYLE, no touchscreens I beg you.
I'm sorry that Questyle chose to make their DAPs accessable to all.

I'm happy that there is a DAP out in the market that is accessible to all, and for that, I do not need a touchscreen.  If I want a touchscreen, I can use my iPhone.

Direct from Questyle. I think it's free. I bought a used QP1R that already had one. I think the 1st post has some info buried in it.

It's in the review.  Anyone can use the find function on their system and type in "wheel cover", or read the table of contents which mentions the wheel cover/skin and navigate to that specific section of the review as well.

I'm still patiently waiting for mine. I don't have much faith in my retailer to get them to me.

If it takes too long, let Bruce know, I'm sure he will take care of you.

Songs loaded on my replacement Sandisk and everything is back to normal. I now have music artist starting with letter L to Z available to me now.

I have A-K on card one and L-Z on card two.

Awesome!  Glad to hear it worked out for you.

[rule]
The QP1's (not QP1R) 1.0.4 firmware update is being tested by Gary and Bruce right now, and should be available for download on Questyle's site in the near future (more than likely next week).

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #1,627 of 7,140
Looking for longer USB cables that will fit the QP1R without modification. I know Questyle sells some, but I could not find them on their site. Any links to USB cables that work unaltered? I searched this thread and found none that did not need modification other than the Questyle ones since the Anker ones do not seem to fit.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,628 of 7,140
Looking for longer USB cables that will fit the QP1R without modification. I know Questyle sells some, but I could not find them on their site. Any links to USB cables that work unaltered? I searched this thread and found none that did not need modification other than the Questyle ones since the Anker ones do not seem to fit.

Even though my current Anker cables fit as shown in pictures in the review, my new 10 ft Anker cable is on its way, and if it works without issue I'll add the link and pictures to the review.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #1,630 of 7,140
  I love this DAP. I use it almost every day and the ability to drive full sized headphones with musicality is a real breakthrough for my portable use. I do have a few quabbles with it though that I'd like to see worked out in the future:

1. Having to turn on the screen to raiser and lower the volume, pause/rewind/fast forward is very irksome. 

2. The screen is too small for my eyes with the font and resolution given. The battery percentage and volume level are very difficult for me to make out in particular. 

3. If and when there is a version 2, I'd love see the entire front face a hi-res touch based system (yes, I know I'm dreaming). 

4. The clicks on the volume knob are just too loosely placed. I'd like to see smaller easier to achieve increments. 

5. I little more battery life would be very much appreciated. 

Again, these are just little niggles with a device that has truly captured my attention. 

Don't forget the recessed areas around the LO jack and USB plug needs to be bigger to accommodate larger plugs.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,632 of 7,140

I have been using these for both charging and data. Fit fine and easy to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Rankie%C2%AE-Charging-Samsung-Motorola-Android/dp/B01411TB44/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461388075&sr=8-2&keywords=rankie+usb+cable

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #1,633 of 7,140
Firmware request-
1. PLEASE can you make the jog wheel work better?
2.In album list view can you display album art work thumbnails?
3. Also when exiting from now playing back to album list, can you make it go back to the same album entry you were listening to instead of the beginning of the list?

Sound has settled down quite a bit after a few hours of play. Now on a slight level above my DX100.Sweet!

Thanks

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #1,634 of 7,140
Tomorrow is an A&K event that I'm going to be attending, and I'm going to compare the AK320, AK380, QP1R, and post my observations in the near future in the review thread. It will mostly be comprised of sound quality impressions, but will add anything I see extraordinary out of the three. The Rosie and other JH IEMs will be at the event I'm attending tomorrow as well so I'm going to try to get some time with as much equipment as I can.

Comparing the HD 800 and HD 800 S at AXPONA

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #1,635 of 7,140
The best way to start any weekend : receiving 2 brand new pairings for my QP1R :
First up , an absolute bargain for 123 euro :

Second : 1more E1001 triple driver in-ear headphone :

At only 123 euro the packaging and presentation just oozes high end luxury , well done 1MORE !
Listening impressions to follow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back