REVIEW: Purity Audio K.I.C.A.S. Caliente home headphone amp - updated with comments on regular KICAS
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #256 of 395
I like a noise sounds. I am very excite.

borat-high-five.jpg

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #257 of 395
Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Mi|k? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol i will post pic's and compare both headphones i'll try and get a pair of HD-650 From my girlfriends dad or i'll just go buy a pair as i always wanted them but cheaped out and got the 555 instead but i use them for gaming now better start my hunt for a pair of 650's

Got Milk, check to see if your FIL's headphones are the old or new version, it would be interesting if you buy a new set and are able to make a side to side comparison. Can't wait to hear your initial impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #259 of 395
^ Settle down Teh Flage
biggrin.gif

It’s acceptable to have an emotional outburst on head-fi as long as you use no less than 10 words with most of them being longer than 3 syllables.
Use of spandex is highly discouraged.
Don’t feel bad though, we’re all as excited as you are, we just don’t show it because we’re cool like that.
wink.gif

Back to Caliente talk: I’m wondering how it pairs up with Beyers, I’m thinking of getting a DT880 or 990 and I couldn’t find any comments on this. The only info I found was about the DT770 and it wasn’t too favorable.

Anyone tried dt880 or dt990 with Caliente or KICAS?
... I guess I'll find out soon enough right?

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #260 of 395
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's great!!
biggrin.gif

I'm also curious to know how long they are expecting before they start shipping out the amps.

They stated on the group buy "We stay within our means: we want to keep our immaculate reputation as it is, which means we only commit to build as many amps as we can ship within 6-8 weeks of payment receipt from our customers – this means that THE LONGEST we expect you to wait for your amp is 8 weeks of the day you pay us"

So with an estimated 8 week max time frame for a max of 50 amps, that tells me that with 20 amps ordered, they should be done in about 4 weeks. But that is just a hopeful guess
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #262 of 395
Quote:

Don’t feel bad though, we’re all as excited as you are, we just don’t show it because we’re cool like that.
wink.gif

Lol. I'm not really that excited. I just wanted to crook a few eyebrows. Mission accomplished.

But yeah -- good luck with the builds and happy listening.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #263 of 395
Quote:

^ Settle down Teh Flage
biggrin.gif

It’s acceptable to have an emotional outburst on head-fi as long as you use no less than 10 words with most of them being longer than 3 syllables.
wink.gif

Back to Caliente talk: I’m wondering how it pairs up with Beyers, I’m thinking of getting a DT880 or 990 and I couldn’t find any comments on this. The only info I found was about the DT770 and it wasn’t too favorable.

Anyone tried dt880 or dt990 with Caliente or KICAS?
... I guess I'll find out soon enough right?

Hello all,

thought I'd contribute quickly, as I'm short on time:

DT880 - Caliente for sure
DT990 - either will do, but I prefer KICAS

As for orders, some parts are already in stock. Peter will order the rest this weekend. The PCB's usually take the longest to manufacture, @ 2-3 weeks before they arrive at our doors. Then consider 5-10 amps per week (depending on various factors) manufactured. Hope this helps and don't be discouraged if I don't post again for a little while. Trying to focus on the work
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #264 of 395
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for orders, some parts are already in stock. Peter will order the rest this weekend. The PCB's usually take the longest to manufacture, @ 2-3 weeks before they arrive at our doors. Then consider 5-10 amps per week (depending on various factors) manufactured. Hope this helps and don't be discouraged if I don't post again for a little while. Trying to focus on the work
wink.gif

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure I am not alone when I say I can't wait
darthsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #265 of 395
Quote:

Originally Posted by tescosamoa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the dt990 and the caliente on order... So I will let ya know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DT880 - Caliente for sure
DT990 - either will do, but I prefer KICAS

Very helpful, thanks.

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #267 of 395
Quote:

I was wondering who is #1 on the group buy? is it hoodlum?
ph34r.gif

any amps shipping yet? what's the status? are we there yet?
Is anyone else anxiously waiting?
popcorn.gif

I am #13 but I live live near Purity Audio and have arranged to pick it up when it is ready. So I may be one of the first to report. I own a Shanling PH100 and CI Audo VHP2 that I will be comparing with the Caliente. I also have the AKG K701 & K601 so there will be lots to compare.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #270 of 395
Quote:

Originally Posted by blast8180 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hoodlum, looking forward to your comparison between the Caliente and the VHP-2! Are you also using the addon power supply that was offered by CI?

I do not have the VAC-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back