Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added RSA SR-71B
Jul 1, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #782 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Over 90,000 views[/size]

[size=medium]AMAZING![/size]

Is this the largest amount of views ever?

This thread has more views.
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194441

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #783 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Over 90,000 views[/size]

[size=medium]AMAZING![/size]

Is this the largest amount of views ever?

hardly. HEED rocks.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #785 of 3,234
Skylab,

You've probably answered this before but I'm to lazy to dig through 700 odd posts to find the answer. When you look at the top 5 as a group, the grades are pretty close. About how much SQ difference is there really between 1st and 5th place--is there a lot of difference or are they all pretty close and it comes down to splitting hairs to arrive at the ranking?

Thanks as always.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #786 of 3,234
There are differences between the top 5, of course, but they all are incredibly satisfying amps, and I recommend each of them heartily. The differences are just that, differences - not so much one or the other is BETTER.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #787 of 3,234
There remains at least two recent portable high end amps (the Headamp AE-2 and Xin Reference) that you have yet to include and possibly a third which I consider a value leader and that is the iBasso T2. The first two of these could land in the top five and for myself one in particular would land in the top position. Except for maybe their sound may not be what you enjoy and therefore you would drop them down a bit in your listing for that.

Great work but you know "there is no end in doing right."

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #788 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There remains at least two recent portable high end amps (the Headamp AE-2 and Xin Reference) that you have yet to include

You could loan him your Xin Reference, if you want it to be in that review....
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #789 of 3,234
Yup! I will eventually get to review an AE-2, whenever head-amp sends it to the person who is loaning it to me. And I'd be happy to review a reference when someone wants to loan me one
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a T2 in my possession and will be reviewing it very soon.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #791 of 3,234
The Reference is still in an slight state of flux. So I would wait until the desing is pretty much finalized (3 to 4 weeks). Yes I know Dr. Xin will come up with a tweak later but it will be a tweak of a finished product.

Also someone could send Skylab a TTVJ Millet.

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #792 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Reference is still in an slight state of flux. So I would wait until the desing is pretty much finalized (3 to 4 weeks). Yes I know Dr. Xin will come up with a tweak later but it will be a tweak of a finished product.

Also someone could send Skylab a TTVJ Millet.

Oh yeah, I do NOT want to review the Xin Reference until it is at least temporarily done
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #793 of 3,234
Skylab, do your review reflect so-called "burn-in" effect or are they kind of "out-of-the box" sound?

Jul 2, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #794 of 3,234
All of my reviews are based on 100 hours of burn in, although occasionally I have done an update after even more burn in if asked. But normally I burn in 100 hours, then I review.

Which means my MOVE should be just about ready
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back