[Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone?
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #392 of 458
Thanks mate, i have just ordered it. Believe it or not, there was a discount coupon available for payment with PayPal, whose value was exactly the same as the price of the item, in this case, $3.49. As free shipping was the only option available, I literally got 20 3.5mm jacks for free lol!

Fantastic!

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #393 of 458
@Slater I took the liberty of creating a guide from the cable mod instructions you have posted previously. I tried to copy and paste the text, but the formatting was all messed up, so I ended up typing everything from scratch. I embedded all the pictures you uploaded and did some editing to generate a printable tutorial, so other users can easily follow it. I credited you for the original tutorial and myself for formatting it into a document.

It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I double checked it for any errors in typing or possible swapping in the order of the pics, but it looks alright. I made it available both at Google Drive and as an attachment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vLwPZ_EJMjUHmuZ50uPghCDkYzWLmwBp/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• Philips SHL3300 cable mod instructions.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #394 of 458
@Slater I took the liberty of creating a guide from the cable mod instructions you have posted previously. I tried to copy and paste the text, but the formatting was all messed up, so I ended up typing everything from scratch. I embedded all the pictures you uploaded and did some editing to generate a printable tutorial, so other users can easily follow it. I credited you for the original tutorial and myself for formatting it into a document.

It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I double checked it for any errors in typing or possible swapping in the order of the pics, but it looks alright. I made it available both at Google Drive and as an attachment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vLwPZ_EJMjUHmuZ50uPghCDkYzWLmwBp/view?usp=sharing

Nice job!

I’ve been meaning to go back and fix that whole post. That was back when I finally moved out of ‘lurk mode’, but I didn’t have photo posting privileges yet. So every photo had to be linked.

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #395 of 458

very cool !

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #396 of 458
Thank you for the support folks, I appreciate it. So now that I have ordered the 3.5mm jacks, I need to buy some new pads. I know that the Brainwavz HM5 pads available on Amazon fit the SHL3300 like a glove, but do the ones from China sold on ebay as too? I'm aware that the HM5 pads offered on ebay most likely don't have the same quality as the original item sold on Amazon, but as I have another $5 coupon available on ebay, I'm inclined to purchase new pads there.

edit: I found the post where Slater told he bought these pads: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100mm-Repl...eadphone-3-94inch-4inch/172453620901#shpCntId

They look very well made, and are round unlike most other HM5 pads sold on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #397 of 458
Thank you for the support folks, I appreciate it. So now that I have ordered the 3.5mm jacks, I need to buy some new pads. I know that the Brainwavz HM5 pads bought on Amazon fit the SHL3300 like a glove, but do the the ones from China solt on ebay too? I'm aware that the HM5 pads offered on ebay most likely don't have the same quality as the original item sold on Amazon, but as I have another $5 coupon available on ebay, I'm inclined to purchase new pads there.

edit: I found the post where Slater told he bought these pads: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100mm-Repl...eadphone-3-94inch-4inch/172453620901#shpCntId

They look very well made, and are round unlike most other HM5 pads sold on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

Should have a good quality compared to generic earpads. And the price is very good.

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #399 of 458
Should have a good quality compared to generic earpads. And the price is very good.

Full price was $10.09, but I applied a $5 coupon, so I got them for $5.09 + $2.00 of shipping fee (with tracking and all). I believe it was a very good deal.

The headband of one of the SHL3300s I own is in good condition, so I'll hold from getting a new one right now. Now that I've already ordered 3.5mm jacks and earpads, the only thing left to buy is a TRS/P2 cable. Are there many differences between cheap and expensive cables, or any one with decent build quality will do the job fine?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #400 of 458
Full price was $10.09, but I applied a $5 coupon, so I got them for $5.09 + $2.00 of shipping fee (with tracking and all). I believe it was a very good deal.

The headband of one of the SHL3300s I own is in good condition, so I'll hold from getting a new one right now. Now that I've already ordered 3.5mm jacks and earpads, the only thing left to buy is a TRS/P2 cable. Are there many differences between cheap and expensive cables, or any one with decent build quality will do the job fine?

I like ugreen (Amazon or Aliexpress), vention (Aliexpress), mediabridge (amazon).

They’re decent quality cables and very affordable.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #402 of 458
@Slater and @bryanswy I got another US$ 5 discount coupon on ebay for at least US$ 10 in purchases. Would you recommended any AUX cables available on ebay? It can be a custom headband as well, I have until the 14th of this month to use this coupon.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #403 of 458
@Slater and @bryanswy I got another US$ 5 discount coupon on ebay for at least US$ 10 in purchases. Would you recommended any AUX cables available on ebay? It can be a custom headband as well, I have until the 14th of this month to use this coupon.

Did you look for any of these brands on eBay?

ugreen
vention
mediabridge

You could also get new ear pads. The stock earpads suck.

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #404 of 458
Did you look for any of these brands on eBay?

ugreen
vention
mediabridge

You could also get new ear pads. The stock earpads suck.

I did look, but I'm unsure which one to get. I already bought the HM5 knockoff pads from ebay.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #405 of 458
I did look, but I'm unsure which one to get. I already bought the HM5 knockoff pads from ebay.

Well, what I would do would be to first figure out what length you want. Do you like short cables (0.5 meter), longer cables (1 meter), or even longer cables 1.5 or 2 meters).

Then figure out what kind of ends you want to plug into your phone/DAP - Straight 3.5mm or 90 degree 3.5mm.

Then go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back