Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Dec 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #511 of 756
I don't know the Downtown, but based on Tylls measurements http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsCityscapeDowntown.pdf I'd not expect them to be mid-/high oriented. Do any shops in your area have them on display to compare yours against?

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #512 of 756
Quote:
I don't know the Downtown, but based on Tylls measurements http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsCityscapeDowntown.pdf I'd not expect them to be mid-/high oriented. Do any shops in your area have them on display to compare yours against?

No, unfortunately they're kind of hard to find now, as the only places that I know sell them are Winners, and they've been on sale there for probably months now. Maybe I'll buy another pair if I can find one, and compare them.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #516 of 756
Mine are well over a month old and I listen to them almost daily in the office, no signs of wear like this.  Are the pads getting any extreme wear and tear, say like using them for work outs or a lot of outdoor use?

Quote:
The earpads on my one-month-old L1 look old and worn, is it normal? Are there replacements pads available? 

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #519 of 756
Quote:
Mine are well over a month old and I listen to them almost daily in the office, no signs of wear like this.  Are the pads getting any extreme wear and tear, say like using them for work outs or a lot of outdoor use?

Quote:
I'm guessing on either gym use and soaked up sweat or using them outside at minus degrees.

Quote:
Are you shure its actually wear? Maybe you can wipe them with a damp cloth. I had mine for quite some time, using them almost daily in my office without any signs like that...

I never use them in gym nor do I sweat much. But I did left them in the car a couple of times. It is summer here in New Zealand so they could get heated up pretty bad, not to mention UV radiation.
frown.gif
 Costly mistake.
But what's done is done and i still do love those can very much. Is it possible to get replacement pads anywhere?

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #523 of 756
subscribed and trying to back read, im interested with these headphones too as much as im interested with momentums 
beyersmile.png

good thing my local store has testing units for the both of em (will visit tomorrow). im looking for an upgrade, so Philips L1 and Sennheiser Momentum is on my radar atm. havent tried them yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back