Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #392 of 756
Can anyone compare the L1s or M1s to the Citiscape downtown's? Wondering what the difference of 130€ or 80€ (looking at recent Amazon pricing) amounts to.

Also curious how these three would compare to the V-Moda M-80 or the Audio Technica ath-m50...

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #394 of 756
Quote:
The M1 definitely has an upper midrange hump, but I would assume that that is due to the design / fit...

I agree with The Monkey - the L1s do not exhibit the same syrupy 'richness'... - I won't say they are as 'crisp' as the Senn HD25s (as example) but certainly nowhere nearly as badly coloured as the B&W P5...

Any further comparisons between the L1 and M1? Thanks!

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #395 of 756
Just in case anyone was pondering selling theirs, I'm interested in buying some L1s. 
redface.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #396 of 756
Does it not bother owners of these headphones that once the ear pads wear out they will be useless? Is there any way of replacing the earpads? I am interested in these but I dont really want to spend £230 and then in 2 years they are useless because the ear pads wore out...

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #397 of 756
I doubt the earpads would wear out, assuming that one is using them to listen to music with the pads resting on the ears, rather than polishing the floor thrice weekly with them. Besides, who at Head-Fi keeps a headphone for more than a month anyway?

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #398 of 756
Quote:
I doubt the earpads would wear out, assuming that one is using them to listen to music with the pads resting on the ears, rather than polishing the floor thrice weekly with them. Besides, who at Head-Fi keeps a headphone for more than a month anyway?

lol yes this is where the problem lies as I was planning to use them to clean the floor as well as use them for headphones.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #401 of 756
Quote:
On the Innterfidelity review he describes the treble as "slightly papery sounding" can anyone tell me what this means? I have not heard this used to describe treble before

Haha I don't think you're the only one thinking "what?" when they read that.

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #404 of 756
Fidelio X1 showed up in hong kong(2012 Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show).

I just saw this on philipshk's facebook page, the only info i get is that it will featuring a 50mm Neodymium magnet driver.

Here are 2 pictures taken from philipshk's facebook page:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back