Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Feb 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #76 of 756
I saw somewhere the official release is in April. Apple UK store not yet loaded it yet. . . i will keep my eye on it and will go to have a try on before making any purchase.

I think UK price is around £230 on official Philips site. Hope amazon will have it soon and better price.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #79 of 756
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsFidelioL1.pdf

I did some reading into frequency graphs and wondered why I dig the sound as much as I do. But now it makes a lot of sense and actually impresses me.
The bass is very clean, dry and punchy - and it's peak is at very low 40 to 50 Hz! From then on it's a clean warm tilt down to 1000 Hz.There's no bass bleed, no hole in the mids, etc. Very harmonic.
I read that a peak in the 2kHz brings the voices up front, and that's exactly what the Fidelio does. I like that a lot! I think the Shure SE215 does the same.
The 5kHz dip seems to be normal and many headphones do that. I've heard that this frequency carries all the garbage information of music. I will try to boost it with an EQ some time and try to verify.
Lastly, highs are very well extended. For the price anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"we don't carry philips headphones."  LOL.  I said "You will"....and walked out!

Exactly! They will.

I have the L1 for over one month now and I can safely say that it is by far my favorite headphone I have heard yet. It's like a fun Ultrasone or Triple.Fi 10 tuned into serious musical reproduction and much better timbre. Amazing.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #81 of 756

Quote:

I did some reading into frequency graphs and wondered why I dig the sound as much as I do. But now it makes a lot of sense and actually impresses me.
The bass is very clean, dry and punchy - and it's peak is at very low 40 to 50 Hz! From then on it's a clean warm tilt down to 1000 Hz.There's no bass bleed, no hole in the mids, etc. Very harmonic.
I read that a peak in the 2kHz brings the voices up front, and that's exactly what the Fidelio does. I like that a lot! I think the Shure SE215 does the same.
The 5kHz dip seems to be normal and many headphones do that. I've heard that this frequency carries all the garbage information of music. I will try to boost it with an EQ some time and try to verify.

How does the slight peak at 2kHz or so make the mids sound, it's not too much of a peak right so the vocals sound balanced still? V-Moda Crossfade LP2 and XB500 are both boosted higher around 2kHz area than the 1kHz or so area so the vocals' tonality doesn't sound quite spot especially for females on but they come more as a result forward tho. But in my experience it's not until there's about 5dB variance or so before the imbalance really starts to be audible and the L1 seems to have only ~3dB variance between 1kHz and 2kHz. Do you feel that the vocals sound realistic/accurate in tonality?

If the graph is accurate whit what I'd hear I'd probably apply very tiny boost (1~2dB) at 1kHz, 4kHz and 16kHz on my 10-band EQ.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #82 of 756

Quote:

Exactly! They will.

I have the L1 for over one month now and I can safely say that it is by far my favorite headphone I have heard yet. It's like a fun Ultrasone or Triple.Fi 10 tuned into serious musical reproduction and much better timbre. Amazing.

Glad to hear you're enjoying them! Hope to hear them once I have the funds. :)

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #84 of 756
Ordered mine from the Apple store this morning.  Should be here Monday (tax and shipping made it out to almost $350, but somebody got a substantial tax refund).  Very interested in how these sound.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #85 of 756

Quote:
Ordered mine from the Apple store this morning.  Should be here Monday (tax and shipping made it out to almost $350, but somebody got a substantial tax refund).  Very interested in how these sound.

Your so lucky :-O Post some impressions!

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #89 of 756
Wow, if looks could buy, these are it. xD  Clearly the best looking headphones I've ever seen! Nice pics!

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #90 of 756
Sehr nette Fotos, HuoYuanjia!
smile.gif

Nächste Woche hab' ich ja auch den L1, wenn alles glatt läuft.

(I'm telling him [Ultrazino] that his pics are quite nice and that I'll have my own L1 within the next week, too.)

Quote:
Took some pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back