[REVIEW] Phiaton PS210 - The Half-Blood Prince
Jul 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #31 of 61
I'm looking at these, I want to use them for reading at night when going to sleep in bed (I don't want to mess with full sized hp's in bed). I use IEM's now, but I don't like the feeling of not being able to hear things (like the phone or door in case of emergency) after my gf is asleep.

I was wondering how much sound these LEAK though. I can't have too much coming out or else I'll disturb my gf.

Look like good phones and thanks for the review. Surprised there is not more interest.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #32 of 61
They don't leak a lot of sound, but it is still noticeable when the volume is loud. For late night listening on low volume however, I think it should be fine unless we are talking a very very quiet place and very sensitive ears

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #33 of 61
Thanks for the quick response Clie0S!

I was thinking the same thing, that for my "mellow/quiet" listening that I do when getting down to bed they wouldn't disturb my gf too much if she got to sleep before me.

Another question: How do these rate among similar IEM's (as in traditional ones that go all the way in-ear) in terms of SQ? Do any around the price kill them in terms of SQ? I'm thinking not, but just curious. I'd rather not go the traditional IEM way though, for reasons mentioned. I also like the aspect of having a more "open" sound than a traditional IEM. I don't like shut-in or closed sound as much as a more spacious sound.

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #34 of 61
Check this out if you want a more detail comparison: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3

If you just want to see a clean list, here it is: http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list.html

Quote:
Another question: How do these rate among similar IEM's (as in traditional ones that go all the way in-ear) in terms of SQ? Do any around the price kill them in terms of SQ? I'm thinking not, but just curious. I'd rather not go the traditional IEM way though, for reasons mentioned. I also like the aspect of having a more "open" sound than a traditional IEM. I don't like shut-in or closed sound as much as a more spacious sound.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #35 of 61
Thanks again!

I didn't check out that thread because I thought that these "half in ears" wouldn't be in there with all the "pure" in ears.

Looks like they list high, and of course what really matters is what type of SS preferences one prefers. I like the crisp, clean, accurate, lean bass sound, just like these seem to have.
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #37 of 61
The space on the back of a dynamic transducer can, and often has been used for tuning the sound. The turbine looking however, is just for the look.

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #38 of 61
Yea, at first I was wondering if you could turn the "turbine" in order to open/close the back (like a vent) so you'd have the option of having an open backed IEM or closed back IEM (or half-IEM).

Anyway, Amazon has these for $80 w/free shipping right now, so I jumped on it! Sometimes Amazon's prices go up and down, and I think just yesterday they were $95 or $99 like everywhere else. So I snatched them up before the price went back up again (I doubt it will go lower...and there was only 3 left anyway).

Now I've just got to wait for them to get here!

Thanks for your review and help again ClieOS; I'm sure I'm going to enjoy these! 
etysmile.gif

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #40 of 61

Quote:
Amazon has these for $80 w/free shipping right now, so I jumped on it! Sometimes Amazon's prices go up and down, and I think just yesterday they were $95 or $99 like everywhere else. So I snatched them up before the price went back up again (I doubt it will go lower...and there was only 3 left anyway).  

And they're back up to $99 again. Glad I got them for $80! Should be here next week.
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #43 of 61
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #44 of 61
Thanks for the great review, I am gonna give these a try.
Just wondering what are the difference between the Comply T100 and T400?  You have mentioned T400 on the first page, but T100 on this very same page.

Thanks agian!

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #45 of 61

Quote:
Thanks for the great review, I am gonna give these a try.
Just wondering what are the difference between the Comply T100 and T400?  You have mentioned T400 on the first page, but T100 on this very same page.

Thanks agian!

I don't remember mentioning anything about Comply T100 with PS210. T400 is the one that fits PS210. T100 is way too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back