REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Apr 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,441 of 2,536
I have the DN2k coming within a few weeks too.

I would rather buy the KC06a through a paypal source like Penon this time, considering my first pair of kc06 being defective and all.

SF likes one of the chinese finds that I also like? I'm shocked. Must be a fluke or opposite day :)

^
ikr, since you're on a roll so why not try your luck by sending me those Havi B3 pro 1s of yours to see how i like them. hoho :wink:

DEWITTT!!!
happy_face1.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,442 of 2,536
Wayne can you clarify which version of that Hifimediy DAC you have? It's is not the newer U2 asynchronus is it?

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,443 of 2,536
  Wayne can you clarify which version of that Hifimediy DAC you have? It's is not the newer U2 asynchronus is it?

Non-asynchronous one:

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

Asynchronous is for wimps! 
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #1,444 of 2,536
Btw Nick, you have some spare Vmoda Bliss 3.0 Fittings lying around I'm sure, so get some KC06's and throw the vmoda tips on 'em for some fairly serious (yet still well controlled) bass. I'm always amazed at how those vmoda tips can enhance bass and yet still control it. When they say "Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicon", they are not kidding! Very cool. I'm having fun trying to determine which of the vmoda, TF10 or UE900 tips I like most with the birds (but the kc06's sound good with all of them).

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,445 of 2,536
It's 30th April in China now, I hope Shenzhenaudio or Penonaudio get KC06A ASAP.

Edit: Okay, this is interesting

This plug it is our own bloody siege tone adjustable silicone plugs. Transparent, balanced sound external adjustable silicone plugs. You can freely select your favorite high-frequency brightness.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #1,449 of 2,536
Dangit, this sound like crap straight of my new phone (yamaha chip). Source is hella important for this IEM, wasn't expecting this drastic difference with other device it sounds fine enough on my old phone albeit with audible noise.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,451 of 2,536
Apr 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #1,453 of 2,536
So I just got the Ostry and first impressions were fantastic: with the medium wide-bore tips they're well balanced, they've got the perfect amount of bass, a nice airy presentation and I'm definitely hearing more details than I could with the VSD1s. Sound-wise the only problem is they lack some depth in the soundstage so it can sound a bit two-dimensional, otherwise they'd be perfect!

However I'm having real trouble getting a good fit with them. The metallic "point" of the housing digs into the back of my ear. Does anyone else have this problem? I had a similar problem with the SE215 so I must have particularly small ears.

I've tried tip-rolling to fix the comfort. The large small-bore tips and various small-bore silicone/hybrid tips give a shallower fit which is more comfortable with the large sony hybrids being the best. However all of them seem to warm up the sound, giving the bass a bit of boost and making them much more intimate. I much preferred the airy sound I got with the wide-bore default tips.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,454 of 2,536
The KC06's sounds very musical, and so I wish for a headphone version of it. If only, if only!

...or am I the only one? Lol

LOL... I missed the "headphone" meaning you were saying.  I agree -- I love headphones as well, especially over-the-ear ones.  They are great for cold winters!

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,455 of 2,536
The KC06's sounds very musical, and so I wish for a headphone version of it. If only, if only!

...or am I the only one? Lol

If you mod HP100 to be semi open it actually got pretty close to Ostry with the added midbass. :wink:

@Telltale
Do you wear it around ear style? Try wearing it top down (or not around ear, whatever it's actually called).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back