REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Mar 30, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #137 of 2,536
The body is made of titanium silver and the diaphragm is double layer biokenitic membrane which to me sounds like dual layer biocell hybrid membranes :yum:

Titanium silver?

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #141 of 2,536
  How about other aspects besides the bass? Can the KC06 really keep up with the FX850 in terms of mids, treble, resolution, timbre, soundstage, etc.?

Soundstage is about on par, but in all other aspects I prefer the FX850. In terms of mids and resolution by a slight margin, but treble and timbre are clearly better on the JVCs in my book. The KC06's treble can sound a little edgy and metallic at times, nothing that I'd call a glaring weakness (and much less when considering the price), but the FX850 set themselves apart in that regard.

(@waynes world: I won't go into detail here about how much I like the FX850, for fear of earning another quote in the hype appreciation thread.
wink.gif
)

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #142 of 2,536
  1. Ear shell with titanium technology, Silver metal has excellent texture, While the coating has a high hardness, can prevent falls, A collision and other accidents caused by external injuries, Let your earphone steady as new after prolonged use

I think the writer(s) of the description may be limited in English, and so that's why we're getting mixed information. 

I think the "silver" metal they are referring to is just there way of saying, "titanium". I'm only saying this, because if the shells were made of silver, that price we're looking at would be too good to be true.  

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #150 of 2,536

Read the thread, or at least the last few pages...

so far the only in-depth direct comparison that we have is from a friend of james444. mochill hasn't really mentioned side-by-side (needs to stop hyper-ventilating from hype first ahaha). the only reputable and known person who has had both is bhazard. he had conflicting views (liked the B3 the best) so I am interested to hear his opinions the most

Users who are viewing this thread

Back