Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler
Aug 28, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #46 of 260

Yup, IEMs must do your mixes justice in order to even be considered! :)

Awesome review @B9Scrambler! Easy to read, and I enjoyed your comparisons with the Titan1. It seems that the FXH30's are great, and even moreso for the (CDN) price!

If you have time, give this Porcupine Tree song a whirl on the FXH30's and let me know how they sound!:

Thanks man! They're a pretty fun earphone 
beerchug.gif
. I can't wait for more people to start trying them out.

They sound pretty decent with that song but seem to suit the "Sky Moves Sideways" album a bit more. Forgot how trippy it was. 
cool.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #47 of 260
Okay I'm ready to order some but not sure from where yet. Has anyone got these from ValueBasket? Is it legit? Price seems to be good, but they don't accept paypal.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #48 of 260
Okay I'm ready to order some but not sure from where yet. Has anyone got these from ValueBasket? Is it legit? Price seems to be good, but they don't accept paypal.

I was just about ready to defy budget and spring for these.  Then I went back and read the OP review and something caught my attention:

- The Titan places more emphasis on lower frequencies while the FXH30 places more emphasis on mids and highs.
- Prior to hearing the FXH30 I never thought of the Titan as a bass-heavy iem and didn't notice the mid-bass boost nor that it would occasionally appear when undesired. The FXH30 has that special quality of only pushing it's bass when asked for by the song. Comparing the two really shows how massive the Titan's bass can be.

This is probably appealing to most.  However, I don't think the Titan is a bass heavy IEM at all.  If the FXH30 has less bass, then I don't think it would work for me, YMMV.

Don't know about ValueBasket.  I would think though that even if you use a regular CC, you would have buyer protection.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #49 of 260

I was just about ready to defy budget and spring for these.  Then I went back and read the OP review and something caught my attention:

- The Titan places more emphasis on lower frequencies while the FXH30 places more emphasis on mids and highs.
- Prior to hearing the FXH30 I never thought of the Titan as a bass-heavy iem and didn't notice the mid-bass boost nor that it would occasionally appear when undesired. The FXH30 has that special quality of only pushing it's bass when asked for by the song. Comparing the two really shows how massive the Titan's bass can be.

This is probably appealing to most.  However, I don't think the Titan is a bass heavy IEM at all.  If the FXH30 has less bass, then I don't think it would work for me, YMMV.

Don't know about ValueBasket.  I would think though that even if you use a regular CC, you would have buyer protection.

Thanks for that note mate, I've never tried the Titan or had a fake EPH100. So its kinda hard for me to gauge how the FHX30 will sound, since the OP cant compare it to any IEMs I have.

I'm still considering taking a gamble on these though, they are fairly cheap and in my experience JVC micro drivers rarely fail on quality.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #50 of 260

I didn't think of the Titan as bass-heavy either, but when comparing the two that's what stands out the most, and it's always evident regardless of what you're listening to. The FXH30 are not lacking bass by any means, it's just less emphasized and presented differently; mid-bass mainly. My other favorite iems, AS800AP, NarMoo W1M, ED10, FX3X are all pretty bassy. I clearly like bass and lots of it. The FXH30 doesn't offer up gobs of bass but just the right amount, at least for my ears. They are pretty receptive to EQ just like the older FRD60, and can be made to sound pretty darn close to the Titan's if that's what you really want. 

What makes these so special for me is their speed, level of detail, and the clarity they output without sacrificing bass, all from one dinky little 5.8mm driver. It blows my mind. I was going to title this review "Speed of a BA, Bass of a DD", but I've only heard two BA's (XBA2 and UE600) and these are much faster and cleaner sounding than either. I don't think I have nearly enough experience with BAs to make that claim, yet.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #51 of 260

Thanks for that note mate, I've never tried the Titan or had a fake EPH100. So its kinda hard for me to gauge how the FHX30 will sound, since the OP cant compare it to any IEMs I have.

I'm still considering taking a gamble on these though, they are fairly cheap and in my experience JVC micro drivers rarely fail on quality.

The only people I could see disliking these are those that are sensitive to treble. As I mentioned in the review their treble is emphasized and up front, yet somehow they avoid simblance and remain really smooth. I've also been using them a lot with crap quality internet radio, yet they still manage to sound very clean. The Titan 1 and JVC's own FRD60 in comparison sound horrible on the same channels (for example, Digitally Imported's Liquid and Dark Drum & Bass channels). Grainy, harsh, etc. They're not nearly as forgiving.

I think you'll like them. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #52 of 260

The only people I could see disliking these are those that are sensitive to treble. As I mentioned in the review their treble is emphasized and up front, yet somehow they avoid simblance and remain really smooth. I've also been using them a lot with crap quality internet radio, yet they still manage to sound very clean. The Titan 1 and JVC's own FRD60 in comparison sound horrible on the same channels (for example, Digitally Imported's Liquid and Dark Drum & Bass channels). Grainy, harsh, etc. They're not nearly as forgiving.

I think you'll like them. 
beerchug.gif

Placed my order mate!

ValueBasket seem to have a warehouse in UK so hopefully it wont take too long for me to get them. It said there were 2 in stock. I've just ordered 1 and it now says 17 which I find a bit weird but whatever, maybe that's how their stock system works.

Oh and they do accept PayPal payment too, but you wont see it unless you click "Alternative Payment" option on the payment part of the order.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #53 of 260
Placed my order mate!

ValueBasket seem to have a warehouse in UK so hopefully it wont take too long for me to get them. It said there were 2 in stock. I've just ordered 1 and it now says 17 which I find a bit weird but whatever, maybe that's how their stock system works.

Oh and they do accept PayPal payment too, but you wont see it unless you click "Alternative Payment" option on the payment part of the order.

Awesome! Looking forward to your impressions.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #55 of 260
Aug 29, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #56 of 260
  How big are these compared to say the Flare R2s and Rockets? I know those have slightly smaller drivers.

Maybe this can give some perspective or idea. From expreview...

or near Earpods
2935307_1_1434890081.JPG

Seem to be near the Rockets size but the strain and stabilizer is another ballgame. The FXH should only go in so far.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #57 of 260
Maybe this can give some perspective or idea. From expreview...

or near Earpods
2935307_1_1434890081.JPG

Seem to be near the Rockets size but the strain and stabilizer is another ballgame. The FXH should only go in so far.

Nice finds! Worn cable down they only go in so far. Cable up allows for the best and deepest seal imo.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #58 of 260
Nice finds! Worn cable down they only go in so far. Cable up allows for the best and deepest seal imo.

That's a shame, I don't really like wearing IEMs over ear style. Hopefully I can still get a fairly deep insertion cable down.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #60 of 260

The only people I could see disliking these are those that are sensitive to treble.

Me (raises hand).  I'm wondering if the Elations would be more up my ally?  Guess you haven't tried those (yet).  Anyway, I'm so happy with the Zircons right now I'm not looking to make any more HP purchases for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back