Review of the Fischer FA-011 New Edition.
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #16 of 30
Since I was officially the first to know about the LE from Serge months ago, judging from what he has told me, a new filter and different wood selection will affect sound by a small amount compared to a good set from the very first batch. But the price is high up driven due to the fact you're buying a Limited Edition headphone with not so cheap custom wood selections.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #18 of 30
So you ended up buying one? 

Do post pictures of the inside. I will probably be able to replicate the pass through filter on my pair, but I need sand the housing down first, damn it!

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 30
Yup, I picked up the Sapele wood version serial number 001. The biggest difference should be the mids hopefully and that would be perfect for me.

The filter is different and I can get you pics from outside but not opening the headphones. My DIY skills are non existent

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:
Yup, I picked up the Sapele wood version serial number 001. The biggest difference should be the mids hopefully and that would be perfect for me.

The filter is different and I can get you pics from outside but not opening the headphones. My DIY skills are non existent

Yeh some pictures will do, no need to open them up as I don't want you voiding your warranty. I'm curious on the wood though, seeing wood gives me wood. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 30
I'm curious about the wood too as I feel that Woodies of all kind seem to have a different sound signature.

The Denon Dxxx, JVC DX1000's, TH900 etc all seemed to have a very different sound than plastics or metal cups. Maybe it's placebo or maybe it's me.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
I'm curious about the wood too as I feel that Woodies of all kind seem to have a different sound signature.

The Denon Dxxx, JVC DX1000's, TH900 etc all seemed to have a very different sound than plastics or metal cups. Maybe it's placebo or maybe it's me.

Indeed different wood do offer a slightly different sound tonality. This is due to the dampening characteristics and whether or not sound waves get absorbed more by the porous wood fibers or it reflects off it. Plastic and metal cups sound different to wood because they will almost always cause resonanting backwaves as sound goes through them, sometimes this can attribute to ringing or sibilance which is why some form of dampening is always good to prevent this.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #23 of 30
Thanks for the answer DefQon, great to know this is how the magic happens.

Maybe I should start a little collection of wood headphones, saw a pair of DX1000 going cheap and an Audio Technica and oh my.... :p

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #28 of 30
Yeah I hear ya, I was in a similar boat to buying the BHSE, glad I didn't rush into buying it because I'm having fun collecting the older Stax models. 
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #29 of 30
I got the SR5 new in box. It's a 1977 set and pristine condition.

Back to the Fischer FA011 Limited Edition, I sold the normal pair in anticipation of the LE and the buyer also remarked about a slightly recessed midrange.
Please Fischer don't disappoint me with the LE.

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #30 of 30
Wanna trade SR-5's? 
tongue.gif

LE and normal 011's both use the same drivers. Not surprised if there are going to be some flaws with the sound. The word LE is what you're paying for mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back