Review of iNCREDIBLE eARS
Sep 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #46 of 67
or how well it would be built. With this much experience and in the industry of cables, i'm sure a DIY Custom cable from you would be no short than on the level of Piccolino.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #47 of 67
I don't know - the fact that they sell Bluetooth compatible monitors tells me sound quality may not be that important to them. Bluetooth is dreadful for music. Have they not hear of Kleer's wirleless technology? Given the business they're in you'd think so.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #48 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by artsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know - the fact that they sell Bluetooth compatible monitors tells me sound quality may not be that important to them. Bluetooth is dreadful for music. Have they not hear of Kleer's wirleless technology? Given the business they're in you'd think so.

They don't sell bluetooth compatible monitors. They sell bluetooth compatible custom tips/mold to use with your bluetooth. There is a bluetooth headset they sell that's custom too, but mostly it's Starkey products.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #49 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by artsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do believe that it isn't a audiophile thing but a device that is plugged into your ear for hours deserves the attention of a
custom fit and improves isolation. I asked John and he is expanding his compatibility info soon. Monster sized marketplace. I own 5 blue tooth devices and don't use them. I hate the feeling and fit. Imagine a blue tooth hanging out of a molded ear piece. No hooks hanging on your ears and the dam thing won't fall out running a marathon. Sweet. I mean real cool.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #50 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or how well it would be built. With this much experience and in the industry of cables, i'm sure a DIY Custom cable from you would be no short than on the level of Piccolino.

It is all in the metal. I am not capable of a full explanation that would make sense to you. The cable is kinda like a stream. Water can run slow and calm. It can be a rapids and then a water fall. A lot more than just carrying a signal does a cable make. There is a science hear. Pun intended. I settled into ALO for portable interconnects. I probably own 15 of his creations. I love his transparency. DIY has nothing to do with sonics. It is in the Cryro Jenna. If you got Crystal cable to DIY you could probably get the same results. Now if one says I don't hear the cable changes it only means one of two things. First the awareness level has not grown to that level yet or you are listening to a poor source and reproduction. At the level I am hearing today a new cd is muddled. I listen to a couple test tracks and immediately tweak the cd. I have 500 tweaked cd and as a practice I A/B every one. It is so cool to hear all the new levels of sound.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #51 of 67
Sorry but I have no idea how to operate this sight.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #52 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSatelliteGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is all in the metal. I am not capable of a full explanation that would make sense to you. The cable is kinda like a stream. Water can run slow and calm. It can be a rapids and then a water fall. A lot more than just carrying a signal does a cable make. There is a science hear. Pun intended. I settled into ALO for portable interconnects. I probably own 15 of his creations. I love his transparency. DIY has nothing to do with sonics. It is in the Cryro Jenna. If you got Crystal cable to DIY you could probably get the same results. Now if one says I don't hear the cable changes it only means one of two things. First the awareness level has not grown to that level yet or you are listening to a poor source and reproduction. At the level I am hearing today a new cd is muddled. I listen to a couple test tracks and immediately tweak the cd. I have 500 tweaked cd and as a practice I A/B every one. It is so cool to hear all the new levels of sound.

don't worry. I perfectly understand that matter already. That's simple stuff that i've learned long time before. However, it 's not all in the metal. The way of braiding, the insulation, the way of preventing interference is also very important. That is why, i am wondering what qusp is able to come up with.

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #53 of 67
Quote:

don't worry. I perfectly understand that matter already. That's simple stuff that i've learned long time before. However, it 's not all in the metal. The way of braiding, the insulation, the way of preventing interference is also very important. That is why, i am wondering what qusp is able to come up with.

Me to! Cables can be costly.

Sep 24, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #54 of 67
Quote:

Me to! Cables can be costly.

A decent one, definitely

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #55 of 67
Quote:

I'd really like to see a how a DIY Custom Cable from you would sound
wink.gif

well you will have the opportunity soon, this is not the venue to talk about it though, I will send you a PM shortly

Quote:

well I am taking steps to get as close to that as I can, some that will even surpass some areas IMO

Quote:

correct, there is more to it than simply braiding 4 wires together. for some situations this will do, but not always

Quote:

lol you really still dont get it do you?? where in my posts at any point did I say that cables do not produce different sounds?? nowhere thats where. of course I think they do, but cables are not magic; even the best ones, the quality audio must already be there to begin with; with the cable simply allowing the signal to pass through as untouched and pure as possible, getting out of the way, while protecting from harmful environmental effects. a cable (a passive device) cannot add something that is not there, other than distortion and if it does, there is something wrong there. I think you would be surprised at the quality of my work my friend. I have many happy customers that were previously using the supplier you mention. I am no more DIY than he is and impose the same or higher attention to detail, because I do it all personally. but you just have your panties in a knot and seem to be totally blind to the english language that i'm using. your brain seemingly switched off the moment I questioned your post. but i'm over this to and fro with you, and in regard to piccolino, your comment is totally irrelevant, piccolinio requires no braiding whatsoever, all that is required to make a good cable with piccolino is a steady hand, quality solder and flux as well as top notch connectors. its a total PITA to strip the inner signal conductor though, as it consists of 6 or so tiny hair-thin electrum strands encased in a pretty tough dielectric and shield and surrounded by many thin fibres for strain relief; even with a delicate touch it takes some meditation and a calm mind. so once this is done, use of as little heat as possible so as not to scorch the wire or dry the flux out is the only requirement. regarding jena, I moved on some time ago. its great stuff as long as you dont handle it often, which kinda rules it out for my uses.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well you will have the opportunity soon, this is not the venue to talk about it though, I will send you a PM shortly

well I am taking steps to get as close to that as I can, some that will even surpass some areas IMO

correct, there is more to it than simply braiding 4 wires together. for some situations this will do, but not always

lol you really still dont get it do you?? where in my posts at any point did I say that cables do not produce different sounds?? nowhere thats where. of course I think they do, but cables are not magic; even the best ones, the quality audio must already be there to begin with; with the cable simply allowing the signal to pass through as untouched and pure as possible, getting out of the way, while protecting from harmful environmental effects. a cable (a passive device) cannot add something that is not there, other than distortion and if it does, there is something wrong there. I think you would be surprised at the quality of my work my friend. I have many happy customers that were previously using the supplier you mention. I am no more DIY than he is and impose the same or higher attention to detail, because I do it all personally. but you just have your panties in a knot and seem to be totally blind to the english language that i'm using. your brain seemingly switched off the moment I questioned your post. but i'm over this to and fro with you, and in regard to piccolino, your comment is totally irrelevant, piccolinio requires no braiding whatsoever, all that is required to make a good cable with piccolino is a steady hand, quality solder and flux as well as top notch connectors. its a total PITA to strip the inner signal conductor though, as it consists of 6 or so tiny hair-thin electrum strands encased in a pretty tough dielectric and shield and surrounded by many thin fibres for strain relief; even with a delicate touch it takes some meditation and a calm mind. so once this is done, use of as little heat as possible so as not to scorch the wire or dry the flux out is the only requirement. regarding jena, I moved on some time ago. its great stuff as long as you dont handle it often, which kinda rules it out for my uses.

Why are you so bitter. I was just chatting about something. Like I said I have no idea who you are and by no means was I ever making any judgments about anyone's knowledge or abilities. I admitted that I was not prepared to give any info about the subject.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #57 of 67
BY THE WAY, for these PM800S....there's a secret about these triple drivers...the PM800S is a lie and isn't "actually" a triple driver....

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

BY THE WAY, for these PM800S....there's a secret about these triple drivers...the PM800S is a lie and isn't "actually" a triple driver....

I am looking at mind and I see three drivers. So what do you make them out to be.

Oct 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #59 of 67
Quote:

I am looking at mind and I see three drivers. So what do you make them out to be.

I'll explain when mine arrive, easier to show with pictures =)

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #60 of 67
Forgot to mention, missed the shipment yesterday. So they should be hear on Monday no matter what, i'm posting a signature release. So they will drop it off at my door on Monday if they come during my cardiologist appointment. Unless someone steals the package at my doooor....it's definitely going to be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back