Review of iNCREDIBLE eARS
Aug 24, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Very impressive. Nice writeup though. Only you didn't mention what model do you testing. Triple drivers iE PM800S?

Sorry, Yes they are triple drivers, from japan, dual armatures. They are indeed the iE PM800S. If there is a interest in the head-fi community he is considering a group buy but I have no idea how to get him started with that. Can someone help me with some info on how to start a group buy?

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm, did anyone notice the Starkey label on the picture?

Just like this one

Looks like they are just resellers of the ListenHear/Starkey products which makes me wonder what the email sent to SatelliteGuy was all about.

Something is a little fishy here.....

EDIT: Just heard from my contact at Listenhear/Starkey that iNCREDIBLE eARS are indeed re-sellers of their products but the design of the monitor is 100% Starkey's.

So wait, did you meant he design was 100% Incredible ears? or 100% Starkey's? Because Starkey sells the PM800S also the same as the iE, so i don't see why they can make a brand new company from reselling and claiming it's their monitors.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 67
Quote:

Ummm, did anyone notice the Starkey label on the picture?

Just like this one

Looks like they are just resellers of the ListenHear/Starkey products which makes me wonder what the email sent to SatelliteGuy was all about.

Something is a little fishy here.....

EDIT: Just heard from my contact at Listenhear/Starkey that iNCREDIBLE eARS are indeed re-sellers of their products but the design of the monitor is 100% Starkey's.

It appears they have lower prices on Starkey than going direct, so it's not all bad. Many audiologists will sell Starkey at a discount as well though, and will include the impressions. So it seems like going through Incredible Ears would be about the same as visiting a local audiologist for Starkey products.

Quote:

A quote from the Business Manager at ListenHear/Starkey:

"They are legitimate resellers of our product. The monitor design is Starkey’s though."

So unless the guy who started IE originally worked at Starkey and designed the monitors himself, he is out right lying to his customers.

Good point. The email he sent does sound deceptive.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #20 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears they have lower prices on Starkey than going direct, so it's not all bad. Many audiologists will sell Starkey at a discount as well though, and will include the impressions. So it seems like going through Incredible Ears would be about the same as visiting a local audiologist for Starkey products.

Good point. The email he sent does sound deceptive.

I have to say I disagree with the deceptive part and any misrepresention. I never felt deceived in the lest bit. I have been a businessman for forth years and I have represented many lines as in private labels made for me that other manufactures produced. I feel that he diligently quoted his mission in marketing IEM as iNCREDIBLEEARS. Frankly I could care less where they came from. As a marketing company he has a right to his own trademark. He even stated to me in the letter that he was principally working the pro music market. You have a right to your opinion but I feel you are unjustly accusing him of anything you are indicating and should drop this line of thought. I do care how they sound. and that is where it gets interesting. IMO his letter and his representations are OK with me
I have received my JH13 and have done a lot of of comparing the two. First thing I will mention is the iEARS work great with the cable that it was shipped with. Deep bass is noticeable with no modification to the cable. Much better bass than JH13. It makes sence because the bass speaker in the iEARS is larger than both bass speakers in my JH13s. I feel that the JH13 (which has the same cable) have to be recabled to reach its potential. The bass is lacking. I really love both of them but I will not be happy with the JH13 until they are recabled. They just do not reach their capabilities as delivered. There is a lot of room to grow and I do believed they can reach a much higher level of performance. I am not saying one is better than the other. I am saying I am disappointed with the level of awareness I get with the JH13 as compared to where I feel they can go by listening to them.
I have a lot to say but it is late and I have 10 booths in the LA County Fair and I am tired. I will be editing my original post with more info. Best regards Gary

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #21 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see that you have a lot of headphones, so you probably have a good experience in the general improvement of headphones over IEM (i say this because of the JH13 reviews). when you listen to these custom IEMs, how would you compare them to your headphones. do they provide at least any competitiveness or are they still "not a chance" like how IEMs generally are?

Briefly I feel that they can run with full headphones but not competitively. Both the JH13 and iEARS have their place in a audiophile harem but when I put on my 650 deep woodied with Zu Mobis there are much deep awareness is reveled. The same goes with all my higher end cans. I in no way feel that either pair takes a lead that might make me sell off my inventory. Do not tell the police but a bit of my IEM play is on the highway. These are both definitely above the not a chance category. I refer the IEM as small sound and full cans as big sound. Small sound has its limitations simply put. These IEM will give Blue Man head bob and Ray Charles head roll just like the big guys. They just wont do a 4 minute mile. 4.5 yes. More later bye

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 67
Quote:

A quote from the Business Manager at ListenHear/Starkey:

"They are legitimate resellers of our product. The monitor design is Starkey’s though."

So unless the guy who started IE originally worked at Starkey and designed the monitors himself, he is out right lying to his customers.

Sorry you you feel the way you do. I have read his email many times and I only hear a salesman marketing his "Private Label" Your making claims that I do not see written in the email. Sorry I see no lies. Your awareness is different than mine. I do not feel like he was trying to pull any wool over my eyes. Actually, being a successful marketeer myself I felt so comfortable with his answer to my question to him "what are you about", that I printed it in my review. What are you about with your accuations, Sir?

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #23 of 67
SatelliteGuy,

I was just going by what he said in his email to you, quoted below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSatelliteGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ricky and others provided valuable input that allowed us to come up with monitors that met various on-stage and in-studio needs at affordable price points.

The part about "allowed us to come up with monitors" is what I have a problem with. I'm not knocking the IEMS or the value IE provides, it just seems that they are taking credit for designing something they didn't "come up with".

To me it's like staring a company called "Orange" and selling jPods and jPhones.

I realize this more about the PM800S monitor than where to get them and I'm sure anyone who does purchase them will be very happy with them.

And to own both the JH13 and a PM800S, well I have to say I am a we bit jealous!
tongue.gif
Thanks for the comparison as you are probably the only head-fier to own both.

Looking forward to hearing more about your JH13/PM800S comparison.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #25 of 67
Quote:

SatelliteGuy,

I was just going by what he said in his email to you, quoted below:

The part about "allowed us to come up with monitors" is what I have a problem with. I'm not knocking the IEMS or the value IE provides, it just seems that they are taking credit for designing something they didn't "come up with".

To me it's like staring a company called "Orange" and selling jPods and jPhones.

I realize this more about the PM800S monitor than where to get them and I'm sure anyone who does purchase them will be very happy with them.

And to own both the JH13 and a PM800S, well I have to say I am a we bit jealous!
tongue.gif
Thanks for the comparison as you are probably the only head-fier to own both.

Looking forward to hearing more about your JH13/PM800S comparison.

Thanks buddy.

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #26 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How funny is this page? Private Labeling on Custom-Fit Personal Audio Monitors

Not only do they re brand Starkey's products as their own, but they'll even re brand the re brands for a nice fee.

I am not privy to his business but I think he is a bit shrewd. They are a very good IEM and sees a market for himself and others. Its is all about making $$$$$$$$$. Obviously Starkey is aware of him and maybe he doesn't have the time or the marketing ability to make it happen. The important thing is they are good and if he wants 20 people selling them it is really his business.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #27 of 67
i agree, just let him do his thing. If he's chosen that Starkey is worthy and what he was looking for, then fair enough he's selling them now. I will be receiving the PM800S, the triple driver from Starkey. Impressions should be there by tomorrow or monday.

Sep 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #28 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree, just let him do his thing. If he's chosen that Starkey is worthy and what he was looking for, then fair enough he's selling them now. I will be receiving the PM800S, the triple driver from Starkey. Impressions should be there by tomorrow or monday.

I tried my Null Audio Lune cable on my iEARS and chucked the stock cable. This cable really makes them more competitive with full sized cans. I all ways refer to IEM as small hole sound and full cans as large hole sound. These cables are a a great addition to the over all sound. Do not hesitate to try them. All I can say is the Lune allowed me to get lost in the music in a way I prefer. Made these IEM very enchanting. On the JH13 it improved the bass but on these it had a different effect. These cans have alot of bass and these cables added full can dimension. Very smooth. You will love these cans with this cable. Congratulation on the new member to your family.

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSatelliteGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried my Null Audio Lune cable on my iEARS and chucked the stock cable. This cable really makes them more competitive with full sized cans. I all ways refer to IEM as small hole sound and full cans as large hole sound. These cables are a a great addition to the over all sound. Do not hesitate to try them. All I can say is the Lune allowed me to get lost in the music in a way I prefer. Made these IEM very enchanting. On the JH13 it improved the bass but on these it had a different effect. These cans have alot of bass and these cables added full can dimension. Very smooth. You will love these cans with this cable. Congratulation on the new member to your family.

haha, they're not quite here yet. But they should be around this week or next week depending how fast they will ship it. I have the Enyo, and am trying to get my hands on the Lune, and Piccolino/Crystalino. But i'm very impressed with the Enyo at the moment.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #30 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, they're not quite here yet. But they should be around this week or next week depending how fast they will ship it. I have the Enyo, and am trying to get my hands on the Lune, and Piccolino/Crystalino. But i'm very impressed with the Enyo at the moment.

I also am considering the Piccolino. The Lune on these IEM is really really addicting. I haven't heard a IEM that I consider competitive with my modified can collection. These cans with the Lune are with out a doubt the best I have heard. Magical, stunning, and emotional music on everything I have listened to. The Lune does not make the JH13 sound near as good. I am sure the JH13 have their mate and the Lune does allow them to perform better but I feel there is a better match.
I A/B the two cans with Stage Fright and a couple of Wakeman albums and I will leave the Lune on the 800S. The print I have on Stage Fright is a remaster that I do not feel is excellent and the 800S with Lune got me lost in the music. The JH13 did not excell. I think the size or the bass speaker might be the reason. I am happy with Lune and 800S.
I still have a bit more testing of Genres and cables but if I am listening to 800S and swap to JH13 on stock or Lune I prefer the 800S at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back