Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Dec 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,142 of 1,215
Or you could wait for the AP300 and AP500.

Any idea on how long the wait will be or have Hidizs forgotten about them? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #1,143 of 1,215

I did look at the Cayin N5 but it's quite a bit more expensive than the AP100 (I found a new AP100 on ebay for $150 USD) the N5 is around $350. Yes I still have my X3II glad to hear you like yours but as you said it's not as good for full sized cans. I think the AP100 has a pretty powerful amp...at least more powerful than the X3II. I'm looking forward to getting the AP100 back...I like how you are able to change the sound with the src button...I think that's what it was called. Plus it does have a better screen and you get to see the whole album cover and not a stretched one like with the X3II.

I paid $330AUD for mine, new. Getting one for $150USD is great value imo.

The AP100 is underrated for sure, it has far more sound customisation than most DAPs I've used. The SRC button in combination with it's EIGHT custom EQ settings allows for a great deal of different fine tuning whether it be for genre, artist, record defects or headphones of choice. Lyric support is a nice addon as well. And also m3u support...

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #1,145 of 1,215

I paid $330AUD for mine, new. Getting one for $150USD is great value imo.

The AP100 is underrated for sure, it has far more sound customisation than most DAPs I've used. The SRC button in combination with it's EIGHT custom EQ settings allows for a great deal of different fine tuning whether it be for genre, artist, record defects or headphones of choice. Lyric support is a nice addon as well. And also m3u support...

Yes I was very luck to find one at that price...that's still about $200 CAD but a still steal I think. I agree it does have alot of customization for whatever music you're listening to. It is a very underrated device.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,147 of 1,215
  So I'm seriously thinking about picking up another AP100. I can't find anything else out there that appeals to me more than that particular DAP. How is everyone's working...those who have owned one for a year or so. I mean battery life etc. any problems?

Mine is still running pretty normal. I don't experience any significant decrease in battery performance, as well as sound quality.

One thing perhaps, I feel that my AP100 is getting a tad more laggy than last year. But I can confidently say that it's negligible.

It is still a solid and robust piece of DAP for its price.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,148 of 1,215

Mine is still running pretty normal. I don't experience any significant decrease in battery performance, as well as sound quality.

One thing perhaps, I feel that my AP100 is getting a tad more laggy than last year. But I can confidently say that it's negligible.

It is still a solid and robust piece of DAP for its price.

Good to hear! I'm glad you're happy with it and that it's been working well for you. But you haven't experienced real lag until you try out the Fiio X1II :)

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #1,149 of 1,215
Interesting thing...my AP100 came with fw 075 already installed and recently I though I'd try 070 on it so I downloaded it and tried to flash the fw but I got a message saying the fw was too old, out of date. Interesting...

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #1,150 of 1,215
  Interesting thing...my AP100 came with fw 075 already installed and recently I though I'd try 070 on it so I downloaded it and tried to flash the fw but I got a message saying the fw was too old, out of date. Interesting...

It seems you have a 2nd gen model. Older firmware is only installable on the 1st gen, unfortunately.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #1,152 of 1,215

Yes they did say it was a 2nd gen model from where I purchased it...I was only looking for firmware that would give me the option between constant and variable line out but I don't even know if such a fw exists.

From memory do you notice any difference in SQ?

I notice that they have a newly designed card slot - any other differences that you notice?

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #1,153 of 1,215

I notice that they have a newly designed card slot - any other differences that you notice?

No I can't really say I notice any difference in SQ but then again it was quite awhile ago that I owned my first AP100. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time but that's more due to deciding I wasn't going to buying and selling DAPs so often...just trying to be happy with the one I have rather than always looking for something else that might be better.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,154 of 1,215

What is the battery life like on yours? I get almost exactly 10 hours which is what I think they state on their website and seems to be pretty standard for most DAPs of this type. The on screen battery indicator actually seems pretty accurate. After 5 hours of use it shows 2 bars out of 4 remaining and takes another 5 hours of use to deplete the battery although I don't (unless by accident) let the battery drain completely. I guess my be my one complaint about the AP100 would be I wish it had better battery life but like I said 10 hours is pretty standard it seems..it's about what my X3II gets.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,155 of 1,215

What is the battery life like on yours? I get almost exactly 10 hours which is what I think they state on their website and seems to be pretty standard for most DAPs of this type. The on screen battery indicator actually seems pretty accurate. After 5 hours of use it shows 2 bars out of 4 remaining and takes another 5 hours of use to deplete the battery although I don't (unless by accident) let the battery drain completely. I guess my be my one complaint about the AP100 would be I wish it had better battery life but like I said 10 hours is pretty standard it seems..it's about what my X3II gets.

I have never timed it as there is always a phone call or an email or text to deal with but I would guess about 3.5 hours max as my Yamaha MT220 seem to suck the juice more than most perhaps because of their low end response - mine are approaching 2 years old but still enjoying it most of the time - but like you I usually have my eye on new gear but can't justify buying anything else until it packs it in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back