Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Oct 14, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,126 of 1,215
guys, power button on my ap100 was requiring hard press so i wanted to disassemble the device and take a look. but now i cannot close the case. it's impossible to attach buttons and close the case at the same time. can anyone help?

It is tricky but not impossible as I have done it a few times - there is a bit of a knack to it. 

A quick solution: 

The lock switch on the RHS near the top is the most difficult to re-position and is not really necessary so you can put some tape on the inside to cover the hole. Remember the internal lock switch should be in the up position before re-assembly. 

Make sure you remove the SD card first and put the bottom into position carefully first (with the micro USB socket)  and then the top, being careful with its on/off switch. 

The whole thing snaps quite firmly into the fully closed position.

Remember this is just from memory from several months ago!

p.s. You could also try a little blue-tack or double sided tape to hold the switches in place.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #1,127 of 1,215
Any fw updates? Haven't checked my AP100 for a while... ^^;

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #1,128 of 1,215
  Any fw updates? Haven't checked my AP100 for a while... ^^;

Personally, I am not interested in fw updates.

I am sticking with fw 070 after I tried some of the newer releases but my impression is that they did not sound as good to me.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,130 of 1,215
Do you think it's genuine?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.de/itm/311715448912

I'm tempted, but seller refused to add more pics (without the cover) because he wasn't at home at the time...
He has good rating, but the way he responded makes me wonder whether it's a scam. And why only one pic with player hidden under the silicone case?
What do you think? :)

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,132 of 1,215
How does it compare to sony nwz a17?

Sorry Sir, I have not tried it.

Is that the music player made for children with the rev limiter (volume limiter), I am surprised they did not add stabilizers with a built in helmet!
atsmile.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #1,134 of 1,215
So I'm seriously thinking about picking up another AP100. I can't find anything else out there that appeals to me more than that particular DAP. How is everyone's working...those who have owned one for a year or so. I mean battery life etc. any problems?

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,135 of 1,215
  So I'm seriously thinking about picking up another AP100. I can't find anything else out there that appeals to me more than that particular DAP. How is everyone's working...those who have owned one for a year or so. I mean battery life etc. any problems?

Battery surprisingly good.  I have been using AP100 for over year now exclusively as my "burn in" dap for IEM testing, leaving it on a charger for days, or periodically off charger.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,137 of 1,215

I can understand this mentality. I have been using my AP100 exclusively for well over a year now and still love it. I have 10 DAPs or so in my DAP drawer all collecting dust because I reach for the AP100 every time.

Battery wise I would say I haven't seen any depreciation in my years worth of use. I listen to it roughly 10-15hrs per week, typically it gets 3-5hrs at a time, it always shows battery left at 50-75%ish after a listening session, and I always charge it back to 99% after a session (it's rare I forget and get down to 10-20% left). This was similar %'s being shown when I first used it. A year on, if it was charged at 99% and 2hrs listening and it was showing only 40-50% left I'd be worried, but nop it still seems to say 80% etc left (basically I've always found 10% = 1hr, and I typically listen at volumes 65-80/80.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,138 of 1,215

I can understand this mentality. I have been using my AP100 exclusively for well over a year now and still love it. I have 10 DAPs or so in my DAP drawer all collecting dust because I reach for the AP100 every time.

Battery wise I would say I haven't seen any depreciation in my years worth of use. I listen to it roughly 10-15hrs per week, typically it gets 3-5hrs at a time, it always shows battery left at 50-75%ish after a listening session, and I always charge it back to 99% after a session (it's rare I forget and get down to 10-20% left). This was similar %'s being shown when I first used it. A year on, if it was charged at 99% and 2hrs listening and it was showing only 40-50% left I'd be worried, but nop it still seems to say 80% etc left (basically I've always found 10% = 1hr, and I typically listen at volumes 65-80/80.

It's great to hear you've been having good luck with it and enjoying it. I think there are so many different options out there for DAPs that it's easy to get sidetracked looking for the next thing when all I really want is a good sounding, well made and reliable DAP and I had that with the AP100 but I sold it. But I'm going to get another one and stick with it. I think it's probably the best DAP you can get in the $200-$300 range. That is impressive battery life for those listening levels too!

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,139 of 1,215

It's great to hear you've been having good luck with it and enjoying it. I think there are so many different options out there for DAPs that it's easy to get sidetracked looking for the next thing when all I really want is a good sounding, well made and reliable DAP and I had that with the AP100 but I sold it. But I'm going to get another one and stick with it. I think it's probably the best DAP you can get in the $200-$300 range. That is impressive battery life for those listening levels too!

Why not check out the Cayin N5 DAP.

Do you still have your Fiio X3ii, I just got one yesterday (new at a good price) and so far it is pretty good with my only IEM and probably better than the AP100 for IEM's but not as good as the AP100 for full size cans, IMO.

The screen on the AP100 is way better than the X3ii.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #1,140 of 1,215

Why not check out the Cayin N5 DAP.

Do you still have your Fiio X3ii, I just got one yesterday (new at a good price) and so far it is pretty good with my only IEM and probably better than the AP100 for IEM's but not as good as the AP100 for full size cans, IMO.

The screen on the AP100 is way better than the X3ii.

I did look at the Cayin N5 but it's quite a bit more expensive than the AP100 (I found a new AP100 on ebay for $150 USD) the N5 is around $350. Yes I still have my X3II glad to hear you like yours but as you said it's not as good for full sized cans. I think the AP100 has a pretty powerful amp...at least more powerful than the X3II. I'm looking forward to getting the AP100 back...I like how you are able to change the sound with the src button...I think that's what it was called. Plus it does have a better screen and you get to see the whole album cover and not a stretched one like with the X3II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back