Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Jun 15, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #602 of 1,215
  Hey guys please chill out
I'm waiting Hidizs reply :wink:

Is your unit not reading any microSD card at all? It seems many owners have issues with  the microSD card reader of the AP100. Glad I didn't have that problem or straight to  the bin my AP100 will go.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #603 of 1,215
@lukeap69, :wink:
Quote:
metin kulakoglu;
Dear Hidizs,
I recently bought a second hand AP100 in my country Antalya,Turkey. But I am having some problems with it from the first day I got it. It doesn't read any SD cards. I've also tried several SD card brands such as Lexar, Kingston, Sandisk, etc. but non of them worked. Sometimes it reads for the first 5-10 minutes when I turn it on then fails. I also tried to fomat to different format types such as EXFAT, FAT32 and NTFS but they all didn't work again. BTw, I tried all firmwares (from 067 to 70 fw)

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #604 of 1,215
It's ridiculous without hidiz receive your ap100 to prove that your purchase even though from other owner for you to request to send or to purchase pcb board. And how do you know it's pcb board that caused the SD card cannot read? And Luke is right without diagnose the player, how can hidiz justify the cost and cause. Head fi are a community that's help not provoking problems.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #605 of 1,215
Jun 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #606 of 1,215
Without taking anybody's side, I do understand the frustration and a need to air out the laundry in public hoping it will give some leverage to finally get the reply, but I was always under the impression that it's illegal to post a verbatim communication exchange between a vendor and a customer in a public forum.  Not to mention, it has a lot of personal info including full name, address, phone number, etc.

Again, I'm not defending Hidizs or giving Metinnitem1 benefit of a doubt.  Just thinking that it would have been more appropriate to describe situation in the forum rather than copy'n'paste private discussion with personal info.  Also, contact Hidizs rep on Head-fi through PM first.  After all, they are sponsors and represent PR of the company in our community.

As OP of this thread, I like how we turned this into 40+ pages of discussion about AP100 with Hidizs taking an active role to post and to reply here.  I don't want this turn into a fight and this thread to be closed.

beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #607 of 1,215
How would you guys describe the difference between X3 first gen and AP100? I'm getting really interested in the player and can get it this week, but still wondering if the player will make such a difference that justifies the 140€ more, since I'll sell the X3 for 120€ (AP100 costs 260€ here).

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #608 of 1,215
  How would you guys describe the difference between X3 first gen and AP100? I'm getting really interested in the player and can get it this week, but still wondering if the player will make such a difference that justifies the 140€ more, since I'll sell the X3 for 120€ (AP100 costs 260€ here).

Paulus,

IMO the AP100 is in a different league to the old X3 though I enjoyed my time with the X3, to me it is well-well worth the extra.

The SRC button and the superior Amp of the AP100 compared to the X3ii (and also from what I have heard from Twister).

I also have an intermittent issue with the SD card holder on my AP100 and I will have to send mine back to the retailer for a replacement but I am having difficulty with the notion of having to part with it for a week or two!

BTW, Just before I got the AP100 I had a Ibasso DX 90 that stopped working within a month so I had to return it.

Also when I plug my Geek-Out 450 USB-DAC into my Asus laptop,  my laptop blacks-out due to the initial power demand from from the Geek-Out, I have found a work-around by pre-charging the power hungry components of the Geek-Out by first plugging it into my mini hi-fi and then I plug it into my Laptop (My HP laptop also warns of a power surge)

Am I jinxed or is that just Rock and Roll?

I am a big fan of Hidizs and I hope they can sort out the issue and hopefully give us some explanation to why there is a problem with SD card recognition on some units as I am sure many of us will be understanding of the problem (as it is Hidizs first model) and I believe it would be a good PR move.

p.s. the AP100 has 8 Gb built in storage - I do not have any problem with it, so the unit always remains playable.

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #611 of 1,215
  Worse comes to worst about the SD issue, can't the AP100 be used as a DAC/Amp for Android devices?

Yes, they can be used as a Dac/Amp with Android phones if your phone supports USB otg.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #612 of 1,215
Quote:
  Hey guys please chill out
I'm waiting Hidizs reply :wink:

Considering that any product without a receipt, only described as “second hand,” could easily be stolen merchandise, I’d say Hidizs is being reasonable.  Most manufacturers aren’t responsive about items that haven’t been purchased from legitimate retailers.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #614 of 1,215
  Could someone comment on the AP100's performance as a android dac/amp?  Comparisons much appreciated.

I don't believe it supports OTG USB as a peripheral device, so no-go.

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #615 of 1,215

I don't believe it supports OTG USB as a peripheral device, so no-go.

Hm, I had a very strong impression that it could...say for instance the post that's 2 posts away from mine.

070 Update Note (AP100 Firware):
– Software 32bit audio file decoding
– Per 0.5db adjustable volume balance
– LRC lyrics support, M3U playlist support
– ExFAT support
– WAV DTS files support
– USB DAC now supports coaxial output (i.e. Ever heard of the Matrix X-SPDIF? Now AP100 can do the same.)
– Full OTG functionality (USBAudio / Storage management)
– ‘folder.jpg’ Album cover-art support (Max. size 1000*1000)
– Massive system bugfix from 069
(auto-shutdown error, 99% charge halting, EQ saving error, SRC L/R swap, file management errors, brightness settings saving, etc…)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back