Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #586 of 1,215
Hi.
The following is conversation beetwen me and LouiS Li.
metin kulakoglu;
Dear Hidizs,
I recently bought a second hand AP100 in my country Antalya,Turkey. But I am having some problems with it from the first day I got it. It doesn't read any SD cards. I've also tried several SD card brands such as Lexar, Kingston, Sandisk, etc. but non of them worked. Sometimes it reads for the first 5-10 minutes when I turn it on then fails. I also tried to fomat to different format types such as EXFAT, FAT32 and NTFS but they all didn't work again. BTw, I tried all firmwares (from 067 to 70 fw)
May I ask if my AP100 is under warranty? Can you fix if I send it to you? If it isn't under warranty, I can pay the repair fee no problem. All I want is a DAP with a  properly working SD card. Approximately how much will it cost to fix the SD card issue if I should pay?
Lastly, is it possible to send me the pcb board of AP100? So this way I won't have to send you the player and wait for a long time. Could you please let me know the price of the pcb board also? If they cost nearly the same I can buy the board instead. Thank you.
Serial No; 112B14280739
My phone number; 0 .........
My Adress; ........

LouiS Li;

HI
May i know where did you purchase from?
Can you contact the seller? It is under warranty.
Thank you.
 metin kulakoglu;
I bought it from this guy
http://hizliresim.com/62Mmd0][/url]
http://hizliresim.com/62Mmd0 http://i.hizliresim.com/62Mmd0.png
I don't have any information about where he purchased it from
Will you offer me a solution and tell me what to do next?
If you would send me a new pcb board how much will it cost?
Or should I send you the device?
Will you fix it under warrantee?
Please let me know the procedure that I need to follow in order to get it fixed. Thank you.

LouiS Li;
We prefer you to contact the seller and ask him to exchange another one for you.
We are in Hong Kong, the delivery charge is very expensive from here.
LouiS Li;
Dear Metin
Your machine is a second hand or you bought a new one from the seller?
Would you please send me the link?
Thank you.

metin kulakoglu;
http://www.sanalpazar.com/Hidizs-Ap100-Metin-Beye-Ozel__isp43499132

LouiS Li;
So he did not respond to your quality problem?

metin kulakoglu;
I bought second hand
The warranty of the device is not your responsibility ?
Let's cut this crap
I am very upset
Will you solve this issue or do you want me to post these conversations
Please act like a professional company and do your best to solve this issue whatever it would be

LouiS Li;
Dear Metin
Please understand we could not guarantee the quality of a second hand device.
The condition will vary a lot depending on the previous owner.
We could send you a replacement if you can bear the delivery charge to Hong Kong.
Please consider.
Thank you.

metin kulakoglu;
Do you guarantee the device or the person who owns it?
I am quite confused and really loosing my temper
Just send me a new board or I will have to carry this conversation to other threads to make people know how  a professional company you are
These are my last words and I am dead serious about speaking ill of your company

LouiS Li;
Dear Metin,
Thank you.
Please make sure you show all our conversation.
I already stated how we could resolve the problem in the previous mail.
Losing temper does not solve problem.
Thank you.
metin kulakoglu;
I asked you what to do several times
But you did no really seem to want to solve my problem
Instead you asked where did I bought it
Does  it make difference
Is this so important for you
We lost too much time for a simple pricing problem
I will post every word of our conversations
Definitely I will

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #587 of 1,215
Dude, chill out. Seems like Hidizs is trying to help you out - from what I can see, seems like they asked you to contact the local dealer to save on postage to and from HK for the parts. However they have also said if you will pay postage they are happy to deal with your issues out of their office in HK, which again I believe to be fair enough.
Personally I sent mine in at my own cost for warranty service. (and just to note, I bought mine new)

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #588 of 1,215
  LouiS Li;
Dear Metin
We could send you a replacement if you can bear the delivery charge to Hong Kong.
Please consider.
Thank you.

It would seem that Hidizs offered a solution in this message. I can understand their unwillingness to "guarantee the quality of a second hand device," but it looks like they offered an exchange if you were willing to cover postage of your defective device to them. I'd say that's generous on their part.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #589 of 1,215

It would seem that Hidizs offered a solution in this message. I can understand their unwillingness to "guarantee the quality of a second hand device," but it looks like they offered an exchange if you were willing to cover postage of your defective device to them. I'd say that's generous on their part.

Please read carefully
I can pay the repair fee no problem. :wink:
And I did'nt know what the solution is.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #590 of 1,215

Yes I do agree and this really does have to be said. When requesting warranty replacement/service, it is not unreasonable for the customer to have to pay the shipping of the goods back to the manufacturer/seller. Especially in this case when the item was used, and really, the seller should be dealing with this problem. Technically this sale contract is between the buyer and the re-seller, and despite this, Hidizs is still willing to help out - they never said no, and just wanted to explore more options before going through them. 

Both parties should understand that shipping costs, are shipping costs. And need to always be paid by someone. Customer pays and ships the unit back, manufacturer ships it back the other way. It is fair. 

Even if let's say you buy something from a brick and mortar retail store like Best Buy. It's defective and you want to return/replace. You will still need to drive to the store, or get there somehow and pay those costs. Is it reasonable to ask the store for gas money / bus fare? That would be silly. 

This is the same case, wrapped in another package.

I'm not trying to single out anyone at all, but I see so many of these threads and and angry posts made threatening the manufacturer to do something they want, or else they will post every word online, etc, etc. Come on guys.. 

If everyone was on the same page, we would see much less of this, and could focus on audio related topics. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #593 of 1,215

Agreed, this section here says it all. 

LouiS Li;
Dear Metin
Please consider.
Thank you

Hidizs right there agreed to send a replacement, but to do so they want the faulty unit returned at your charge. That is indeed reasonable considering you...

1) Bought the unit second hand.
2) There appears no warranty (or receipt we know of)
3) Hidizs have no idea what condition the items in or what's wrong with it.

They're trying to help the person in question, however, he became loud, pushy and now left without a working player at all.

All posting it here has shown us is Hidiz was trying to help then the member in question threw that chance out the window. 

Excellent outcome.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #594 of 1,215

Agreed, this section here says it all. 

Hidizs right there agreed to send a replacement, but to do so they want the faulty unit returned at your charge. That is indeed reasonable considering you...

1) Bought the unit second hand.
2) There appears no warranty (or receipt we know of)
3) Hidizs have no idea what condition the items in or what's wrong with it.

They're trying to help the person in question, however, he became loud, pushy and now left without a working player at all.

All posting it here has shown us is Hidiz was trying to help then the member in question threw that chance out the window. 

Excellent outcome.

H20 and @EmpJ sorry guys but you don't seem to read all messages between Hidizs and @metinitem1. He didn't ask for a replacement. All he wanted is a reply and hearing a solution to his situation. He also agreed to pay the repair costs. Please read carefully before posting your opinions. He is right! Because Hidizs and this guy Luis Li wasn't very helpful and asked superfulous questions instead of giving a proper solution such as:

-Yes we can send you a new PCB board but it would cost you.... 
-We can give you a replacement if you send it back to us
-We can fix it but that will roughly cost.....

Do you understand what I mean? Sorry, but I find this replies from both Hidizs and Louis Li very amateruish and disgusting. This guy is right to get mad. 

Please read again. 

May I ask if my AP100 is under warranty? Can you fix if I send it to you? If it isn't under warranty, I can pay the repair fee no problem. All I want is a DAP with a  properly working SD card. Approximately how much will it cost to fix the SD card issue if I should pay?
Lastly, is it possible to send me the pcb board of AP100? So this way I won't have to send you the player and wait for a long time. Could you please let me know the price of the pcb board also? If they cost nearly the same I can buy the board instead. Thank you.

So you can't blame him to be offensive please guys. Read before posting!

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #595 of 1,215
Oh look guys, I'm on my phone atm and have been when my previous post was made. If I've read between the lines on this one I apologise.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #596 of 1,215

H20 and @EmpJ sorry guys but you don't seem to read all messages between Hidizs and @metinitem1. He didn't ask for a replacement. All he wanted is a reply and hearing a solution to his situation. He also agreed to pay the repair costs. Please read carefully before posting your opinions. He is right! Because Hidizs and this guy Luis Li wasn't very helpful and asked superfulous questions instead of giving a proper solution such as:

-Yes we can send you a new PCB board but it would cost you.... 
-We can give you a replacement if you send it back to us
-We can fix it but that will roughly cost.....

Do you understand what I mean? Sorry, but I find this replies from both Hidizs and Louis Li very amateruish and disgusting. This guy is right to get mad. 

Please read again. 

So you can't blame him to be offensive please guys. Read before posting!

That's your opinion. I've read the conversation few times and the questions asked by the rep are all valid until the metinitem1 started using 'crap' and started threatening! I'm in no way like defending the rep but I can see that he was trying to help and clarify the situation. It's no easy dealing with something that is bought used. So are you saying you do understand the situation and most didn't read all the messages? That, for me, is 'crap'!

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #597 of 1,215
  That's your opinion. I've read the conversation few times and the questions asked by the rep are all valid until the metinitem1 started using 'crap' and started threatening! I'm in no way like defending the rep but I can see that he was trying to help and clarify the situation. It's no easy dealing with something that is bought used. So are you saying you do understand the situation and most didn't read all the messages? That, for me, is 'crap'!

Hey, do you know how long he has waited for that replies my friend? He said he waited 15 days and that's why he has gone mad. For me, it is a very long time to reply to a basic demand from a customer for a well known company and there cannot be any excuse for this. I think you don't get the point. What would you do if you lived the same experience may I ask?

He only asked for the repair cost not a replacement at all. All in all customers are always right whatever the situation is.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #599 of 1,215
Actually, from what I can make out (on my phone) there was much going back n forth before the company offered any kind of resolution, maybe some obvious stalling hoping it would just 'go away' , but they're well within thier rights too with a used unit.

But! They did come up with an offered solution, that's when Donald Duck (our member) lost it at the ultimate time he should have kept calm (because he was now moving forward with the situation). Anyway, that's all I can make from it. I'm not not getting overly involved in this.

Goodluck to the company and member, maybe you can resolve the situation.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #600 of 1,215
So what if the discussion took 15 days? And I don't think Hidizs is a well know company! If it was me, I would probably agree to shoulder the shipping cost and send it to them. How would somebody know the repair cost if they have not seen the unit yet? I'm not even sure the warranty is transferrable. What annoyed me is your assumption that many did not read all the messages and jump into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back