Review of Fiio E11
Mar 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #48 of 75
Yeah, just saw that, thanks, but mine was High Power already ; )

Well, the truth is: this gives a much deeper and envolving sound. More bass, more amplitude to the sound. And my headphones are low impedance. Any phone should benefit from an amp for sure.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #50 of 75

excellent review...  he also does an amazing review on the e17

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #56 of 75
ok, I'm a bit confused, how does this Fiio E11 compares to Fiio E7 or E17 ?

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #57 of 75
Quote:
Selling my E7 to buy the E11. I didn't use the DAC feature on the E7 and I see that the E7 is a bit smaller. 

Just what I'm looking for. 

great review op. 

Why is that so ?

I thought a DAC can make your songs more clear and better ?

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #59 of 75
Ah no wonder :-o)

I'll try my E11+ L9 tomorrow and I'll report my experience here after week of using it.

Quote:
The DAC can only be used as an USB sound card, only the AMP work with a portable device, he probably only uses his E7 with his portable setup only.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #60 of 75
John Santana,

The difference between the Fiio E11 and the E7 or E17 is that the E11 is nothing but an amplifier - you feed it a signal from a source (like the headphone jack of an Android phone or through the Line Out connector on an iPod) then the E11 amplifies that signal and sends it out to your headphone.  The Fiio E7 and E17 also are amplifiers and can act just like the E11, but, the biggest difference is that they can also be DACs (Digital to Analog Converters) - this essentially means that they can act as external sound cards for your computer or (at least in terms of the E17) as an external sound decoder for anything that will output a digital signal, like a PS3's optical output or similar.  If you had a computer that had a horrible sound card, then the E17 might be ideal for you because you could bypass the internal sound card on the computer, use the E17 to decode the music and convert it into a signal that can be piped to your headphones.

I've got a full review and demonstration on the E17 here if you want to see what I'm talking about (I actually hook it up to my PS3):

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back