Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Feb 23, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #1,637 of 3,060
I reaf that only iOS can utilize the DAC of the UHA-6ASII but not the iPod Classic, is that true?

No it is not true, it will work at full 24/96 regardless the device which U will use, only if connection via toslink or digital coax interface. 
Indeed, U will have to buy an optical cable in apple store for your ipod classic: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7048ZM/A/belkin-6-digital-toslink-optical-audio-cable-with-line-out-adapter plug it & enjoy 24/96. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,638 of 3,060
So today I finally received the IM50 from Cdjapan, and what a nice surprise! They added a free ATH carrying case to the order.
First impressions is that this is a good headset. And can't wait to see what the lunashops silver plated wire can do to the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice! That case is pretty well made. It's a good deal you have there (I had to buy mine!).

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,639 of 3,060
The IM02 are quite interesting. I have a question though how small are the ear tips? I have quite small ear canals (and my left ear canal is slightly smaller than my right one) and I'm worried if the ear tips included won't be small enough.

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #1,640 of 3,060
The IM02 are quite interesting. I have a question though how small are the ear tips? I have quite small ear canals (and my left ear canal is slightly smaller than my right one) and I'm worried if the ear tips included won't be small enough.

My wife has the IM02, and she has really small ear canals. The smallest tips fit her well, so I think they should be alright. Unless you happen to have even smaller ear canals? 
ph34r.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,642 of 3,060
Oh, that's good to know. I don't know if my ear canals are smaller or bigger than your wife though
tongue.gif

Haha, not very helpful, I know.

Anyway, I'm sorta lazy to take a photo of them right now, but I managed to find a picture of the IM02 alongside its smallest available tip. If it helps, it's really small. 
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,645 of 3,060
it does look quite small. Don't think I'll have to worry anymore. Thanks :)

No problem. Hope you'll enjoy the IM02s when you get them. :smile:

Im04 is huge...but for the dynamic like sound quality and faster and higher respond from BA aspects, I think it is worth the bulky housing :D

They are huge alright, definitely one of the biggest UIEMs around. Thankfully, they sit pretty flush in my ears so they don't stick out. :wink:

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #1,648 of 3,060
Honestly, my IM50 sounds darn good un-amped. I'm thinking about pairing them with my phone only.

I'm thinking about getting the IM70 or the IM02 to pair with the Sony PHA-1 but not sure which iem would be a better match with the PHA-1.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #1,650 of 3,060
Honestly, my IM50 sounds darn good un-amped. I'm thinking about pairing them with my phone only.

I'm thinking about getting the IM70 or the IM02 to pair with the Sony

PHA-1 but not sure which iem would be a better match with the PHA-1.

Same here, go for im-02, its better and more detailed. Lacking that much bass but it will revel more as i think im-70 lacks minor details, like masked. You should go for im-02 if you are not after bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back