Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
Feb 4, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,066 of 1,193
Update: 

So this morning I was taking pictures of the CKR-10 because I decided I was going to put it up for sale. At one point I was taking pictues of the monitors when, to my utter shock, I see this about 5 centimeters below the right monitor:

It's been sitting on my desk for the last 2 days doing nothing. So I put them in and the right monitor is now completly dead. 

I did not spot this when I opened them but I haven't been man handling these things either. I wonder if the recessed vocals might have been caused by this, one monitor simply not being able to do it's job. Back to the shop this goes today. I'm hoping this was the cause for the recessed and veiled vocals, now to wait for the replacement. 

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #1,067 of 1,193
  Update: 

So this morning I was taking pictures of the CKR-10 because I decided I was going to put it up for sale. At one point I was taking pictues of the monitors when, to my utter shock, I see this about 5 centimeters below the right monitor:

It's been sitting on my desk for the last 2 days doing nothing. So I put them in and the right monitor is now completly dead. 

I did not spot this when I opened them but I haven't been man handling these things either. I wonder if the recessed vocals might have been caused by this, one monitor simply not being able to do it's job. Back to the shop this goes today. I'm hoping this was the cause for the recessed and veiled vocals, now to wait for the replacement. 

I hope you bought from authorized seller like Amazon JP. Their service are pretty good.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,069 of 1,193
Hi. The CKR9 american version is 12 ohms and the European edition is 49 ohms. Is there any difference? What is it? Why did Audio Technica do that?

I doubt that's the case. The A-T EU page states 49Ohms, two Norwegian retailers state 32Ohms and one Swedish retailer states 12Ohms....

I've got a pair from one of the Norwegian retailers to compare with my pair from Asia and they were identical so it's not easy to say what's correct....

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,071 of 1,193
You sure? Cause here they only sell 49ohms model. Should I go ahead and buy it? There isn't any difference between them and 12 ohms model?

I'm not sure about anything :wink: What I believe is that the 49Ohm is wrong information and that they're all 12Ohms but I'd guess it'll be difficult to find out......

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #1,075 of 1,193
Okay. I'm buying a headphone tomorrow and I really don't know which one to choose... CKR9 or M50x. Ehich one would you choose? Thank you so mcuh

That's a bit like asking if you should buy a truck or a sports car. They both serve different purposes for different people. What are you music preferences and where and how do you plan to use them?

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #1,076 of 1,193
That's a bit like asking if you should buy a truck or a sports car. They both serve different purposes for different people. What are you music preferences and where and how do you plan to use them?

I know... :frowning2:
I listen to pop, rock, R&B music mostly and need to use them in outdoor.
I would choose ckr9 or even ckr9ltd

Thank you :wink:

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,078 of 1,193
I bought the CKR9. It was a little bit more bassier. Thanks for all your help.

Congratulations! I really hope that you'll be happy with them.

If you did buy from a listing that stated a higher impedance than 12Ohms pleas let us know how they perform.

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #1,079 of 1,193
I bought the 49ohms version. Before buying it, I contacted Audio-Technica about that and they said that europe has a sound standard that lowers the maximum volumes of headphones. So Audio-Technica produced a 49 ohms version. The only difference is the maximum volume. And it isn't low at all. Even the 70% volume of iPhone is so loud. Here's the link:

http://www.isvr.co.uk/labtests/en50332.htm#en60950

I don't regret buying the CKR9 at all. It's amazing. But its sound quality significantly improves after a week. So don't worey if it sounds a little flat in the first few days.

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,080 of 1,193
I bought the 49ohms version. Before buying it, I contacted Audio-Technica about that and they said that europe has a sound standard that lowers the maximum volumes of headphones. So Audio-Technica produced a 49 ohms version. The only difference is the maximum volume. And it isn't low at all. Even the 70% volume of iPhone is so loud. Here's the link:

http://www.isvr.co.uk/labtests/en50332.htm#en60950

I don't regret buying the CKR9 at all. It's amazing. But its sound quality significantly improves after a week. So don't worey if it sounds a little flat in the first few days.

Thanks for sharing this information!

Lol! EU phones are not allowed to put out more than a very low amount of power compared to ither regions and now the IEM's needs to be high impedance as well. I can see a LOT of complaints about this in the future. Way to go EU :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back