Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
Feb 13, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #1,081 of 1,193
Listen, I have been noticing this. AT is seemingly making two versions and the U.S. seems to be getting at least some of these altered for EU versions. E40 is 12Ohms in Japan but rated higher for U.S. We get the 60Ohm ES770H and not the 36ohm ES750. Sometimes phones work well with added impedance but annoying to worry about potential performance differences and drivability.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #1,082 of 1,193
I got a deal to replace CKR10 cable to silver or copper with around 20 bucks. Should i take this deal ? I also hear about silver cable will boost detail and copper will boost more bass, i don't know it's true or not ? 
This is the picture of silver cable for 20$

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,083 of 1,193
Hi guys,
I've owned a pair of CKR10's for the past year-ish or so and I have absolutely loved them. But now I am trying to go beyond these in terms of sound quality. Do you guys have any recommendation for CKR10 "successors"?? So basically I'm looking for the CKR10 but taken to another level. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,084 of 1,193
Hi guys,
I've owned a pair of CKR10's for the past year-ish or so and I have absolutely loved them. But now I am trying to go beyond these in terms of sound quality. Do you guys have any recommendation for CKR10 "successors"?? So basically I'm looking for the CKR10 but taken to another level. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Auriosonics ASG-1PLUS would be a great upgrade from the ckr10 imo.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,085 of 1,193
Hi guys, just received my CKR9 LTD yesterday, and absolutely loved the sound of these. However, upon closer listening, I realised that on high ends there is some buzzing. Is this normal? Thanks!

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,086 of 1,193
Hey guys i just got these and I have a dumb problem.
I took out the tip and I wanted to try the latlrger tip,but i just cant plug it in! Tge hole is so small compared to the earphone that its just impossible to plug it in.

Tried my sony tip, and it plugged in right away.

Why oh why did they design the tip this way....im at a loss right now lol

Edit:got it a few minutes after this post. Still not as easy as other IEMs I've used previously, but much easier now.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #1,087 of 1,193
9 months gone with these. Still amazes me when listening through Amarra Tidal and HRT i-dsp. So glad that my friend got these from States last summer under 190 dollars. Best IEMs for the price.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #1,089 of 1,193
  I am going to offer a perspective on counterfeit CKR10s.  I purchased multiple pairs and there were differences in the packaging and dimensions.  There were also differences in the sound. 

Packaging: the packaging came in two forms.  This could simply be a change on the part of AT but when I emailed them to ask they stated they do not give out those details, I guess it would make the job of a counterfeiter easier.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, the only true way is to send the equipment to AT to have an engineer test them.  I did not do that so this will have to taken for what it is, my guestimation and opinion. 

The first package did not have any plastic wrap around it, there was a plastic film protecting the polished metal of the phones and the 3.5mm plug had a protective plastic cylinder.  The instructions and environmental information pages in a plastic sleeve.  

The second package was wrapped in plastic, there was no protective film on the outer metal and no plastic protector on the headphone jack.  The instructions came in a plastic sleeve but no environmental information page.  

The cables above the Y split on the first pair were separate, on the second pair they were still slightly joined and had to be peeled apart.

The physical dimensions of the two differed in a few ways.  The overall length of the pair I am certain are legit is 50.5" from top of the shells to end of the plug.  The second pair was 47.5".  The Y split on the known legit pair was 1.25" farther down from the IEMs, closer to the plug.  The plug itself on the pair suspected to be counterfeit was not quite 90 degrees, it was slightly acute toward the cable and it was not quite straight out of the top of the DAP.  The shells looked exactly the same as did all the symbols, strain reliefs, etc. 

The sound was much better on the first pair.  The other pair did not have the detail, clarity, etc. and had pronounced driver flex on one side.  The first pair of CKR10s I got had none that I noticed.  

This is my first set of AT headphones or IEMs so my experience with them or other mid to higher end manufacturers is too limited for me to know how typical or atypical these variations are.  The difference in sound along with the differences in packaging and physical characteristics leads me to conclude that that second set I got were fakes.  I made this post in the hope it would help someone who may have doubts regarding a set they purchased.  I'm open to criticism or explaining something further if something expressed is unclear.  The second pair was returned to the amazon vendor. 

Could you tell me what's the name of the vendor you ordered your two CKR10s on Amazon? Was that amazon.com or another vendor? Thanks.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,091 of 1,193
Really tempted by the ali ckr9ltds.. just wondering if there are any ali ckr10's out there? i find the sound of ckr10s smoother and just more pleasant to my ears when i tried them out

for those who ordered from the aliexpress, are there any difference between the red and silver? or just the colour scheme?

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #1,092 of 1,193
  Really tempted by the ali ckr9ltds.. just wondering if there are any ali ckr10's out there? i find the sound of ckr10s smoother and just more pleasant to my ears when i tried them out

for those who ordered from the aliexpress, are there any difference between the red and silver? or just the colour scheme?

I suggest you that you should refrain from talking about the Ali's CKRs as those are Chinese counterfeit. As I don't want to see this thread get locked
confused_face.gif
. There is only 1 colour of CKR9 and 10. The red one I believe it is the CKR9LTD (Limited edition). 

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #1,093 of 1,193

All CKR9s, 9LTDs and 10s on Aliexpress are fake. But their SQ are such amazing. If you want to compare them with the real ones, you must have a high quality and bright DAP like Aune M2 Pro or TEAC HA-P90SD, and FLAC songs, of course. The ones with more details are real, and the others are fake. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #1,094 of 1,193
ah right i guess lets not put aliexpress and Ckr9 or Ckr9ltd on the same sentence. Anyway thanks for the heads up guys

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,095 of 1,193
This is a great thread and forum. I plan on purchasing the ckr9's but with eu prices being so high I need alternatives. I am based in the UK so for those who may have purchased in the uk and bought imports

Please share your reputable vendor. Stereo-fi sg looks like a great site but I am not sure if the product is genuine there are so many fakes out there. Amazon shouldn't be the only retailer for these amazing phones.

List away men and wome, will post A review when I find a seller shipping to the uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back