[Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks
Mar 26, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #76 of 183
Hi all. Been wondering and haven't been able to find any comments on HA 200 and HE-500 s. Would a single unit drive them successfully?

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #77 of 183
  Hi all. Been wondering and haven't been able to find any comments on HA 200 and HE-500 s. Would a single unit drive them successfully?

It should be fine.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #79 of 183
It's been years since I've had a K340, but those were rather power hungry headphones. If your dac has a high output it might be enough with a single one though.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #82 of 183
Hey, wait a minute. 6/22/14 you started this thread. I think perhaps a long term review here is in order. :)  I mean really look around HF and see who has actually owned anything (AK DAPS being the latest((see want ads)) for more than six  months.

I suspect you must have gotten up to no end of shennanigans with these in the time you have had them.

Eagerly awaiting, the full long term report. After all Road and Track and Car and Driver do it, you may as well set a precedent on HF
basshead.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #83 of 183
Unfortunately I no longer have them. A power surge over a year ago knocked them out.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #84 of 183
  Unfortunately I no longer have them. A power surge over a year ago knocked them out.

Winterpeg rears it's ugly head I suspect. Would have figured you'd be isolation tranformered and ups'd up the yin yang by now
biggrin.gif

"Sob" We will never know how they did driving the Wilson Sapphires:)

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #85 of 183
  Would have figured you'd be isolation tranformered and ups'd up the yin yang by now
biggrin.gif

Well I do now... got a big heavy Tripp Lite isolation transformer.

Actually I don't even use it. There is such awful dirty power and DC offset in my mains that the isolation transformer hums unbearably loud. I haven't quite figured out how to clean up my power effectively because regular conditioners aren't cutting it. I know there's the CMX-2 from Emotiva which is supposed to chop out DC, but it isn't really cost effective to buy just one and get it imported here, ugh, stupid exchange rate and duties.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #86 of 183

Well I do now... got a big heavy Tripp Lite isolation transformer.

Actually I don't even use it. There is such awful dirty power and DC offset in my mains that the isolation transformer hums unbearably loud. I haven't quite figured out how to clean up my power effectively because regular conditioners aren't cutting it. I know there's the CMX-2 from Emotiva which is supposed to chop out DC, but it isn't really cost effective to buy just one and get it imported here, ugh, stupid exchange rate and duties.

That'ts brutal. Perhaps running the problem by an electrician familiar with the area would yield an economical solution.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #87 of 183
I don't think there really is... I highly suspect it's the of CFL/LED lights and devices with wall warts causing the dirty power, and not just my house but the entire neighbourhood. I have a TrippLite and Furman power conditioner but they don't do anything (probably half the noise if coming in off the ground anyways). A power regenerator might be the next step...

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #88 of 183
  I don't think there really is... I highly suspect it's the of CFL/LED lights and devices with wall warts causing the dirty power, and not just my house but the entire neighbourhood. I have a TrippLite and Furman power conditioner but they don't do anything (probably half the noise if coming in off the ground anyways). A power regenerator might be the next step...

Or a NUG
eek.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #89 of 183
I don't know if we have any alternatives here in Manitoba... unless I go and buy my own solar panels or something.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #90 of 183
  I don't know if we have any alternatives here in Manitoba... unless I go and buy my own solar panels or something.

Could be a whole new branch of the industry. Separate generation of energy for your audiophile system. You'll be a millionaire in a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back