[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #33 of 349
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon.  Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :)  Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #34 of 349
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that.  They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.

Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #35 of 349
  My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that.  They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.

Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?

For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side.  It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 349

I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #38 of 349
I think the silicone models are just a different canal material but the same internals as the 3/4/5. I hope you all looked at the site and saw the optionst hey have for colors and faceplates. The ciem lab is doing some really innovative work that hasn't been seen in silicone to my knowledge.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #40 of 349
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #41 of 349
  Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.

I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #42 of 349
  I'm selling my UM merlin and 8A to get this K10 now.

I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you... 
smile.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #43 of 349

I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?

I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #44 of 349
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.

AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order! 
biggrin.gif

Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back