Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Feb 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #196 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered 2 pair of the X3i. I suppose with the Chinese New Year it will take forever to get them.

Oh no! I want mine quick, ordered an ipod at the same time and I _need_ better phones than the stock...

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #197 of 247
I'm having problems with mine , only had them roughly 2 weeks . The little paper thing on bit where the 'flange' sits has dissapeared on one headphone (and I can't find it being so small) and the one on the left side has been pushed in . This has created a really bass heavy right side . What can I do to fix this ? I can't be bothered paying to send out my current X3i's to recieve back some more that'll break in a few more weeks . Unless of course they were sent to me free , i've got the paypal reciept and everything
frown.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #201 of 247
would wilson be willing to exchange my x3i's for the xbi's if i am not satisfied with the sound quality?

I ask this because i might want that extra bass the xbi offers. i hope the x3i's dont sound like the ath-ck7s, which (imo) lack the lower mids and upper bass, the "fullness" that i love in music. Do the x3i's deliver enough bass, preferably more than that of the ck7, or should i go for the xbi's?

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #202 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuffguyblake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would wilson be willing to exchange my x3i's for the xbi's if i am not satisfied with the sound quality?

I ask this because i might want that extra bass the xbi offers. i hope the x3i's dont sound like the ath-ck7s, which (imo) lack the lower mids and upper bass, the "fullness" that i love in music. Do the x3i's deliver enough bass, preferably more than that of the ck7, or should i go for the xbi's?

personally I think the XBi has too much bass, and the X3i has enough. I'm using the UE5EB right now, so read what you will into that...

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #203 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuffguyblake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the x3i's deliver enough bass, preferably more than that of the ck7, or should i go for the xbi's?

The X3i defintieyl have more bass then the CK7. The bass is extremely powerfull. The Xbi is OVERKILL!!!

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #206 of 247
Question to the owners of X3i:
How do these compare to Super.Fi 5 pro?

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #209 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're better in sound quality, they're awful in build quality.

Wow, that's something I didn't expect to hear.
How is the sound signature? Are they any similar to the Grado sound like the SF5s are?

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #210 of 247
Well, this is just my personal taste, I prefer the X3i sound over the Super.Fi sound - others might feel the opposite to be true.

I'm not that familiar with Grado cans, but I would say the X3i sound somewhat like the DT770 or Atrio M5.

Compared to the Super.Fi, the X3i have a way better soundstage, a little more clarity and treble extension (especially after I removed the paper filter), and way better comfort and form factor.

The M5 are all in all a bit more "refined", with even more bass and way better isolation than the X3i.

The q-Jays are a completely different animal than the X3i, with better mids and way more treble energy, but a lot less bass bloat. The q-Jays sound nothing like the X3i (or Atrios), totally different sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back