Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Mar 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #226 of 247
Afew things that i have learned about x3i.
1. someone told me that shure foams would fit into x3i. i tried them. they dont!
2. re-cabling with good wires greatly improve the sound of x3i. more details and more controlled bass.
btw, i only use the small earbuds. if anyone wants to trade their small earbuds for medium, large or biflanges, pm me. =)

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #227 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Afew things that i have learned about x3i.
1. someone told me that shure foams would fit into x3i. i tried them. they dont!
2. re-cabling with good wires greatly improve the sound of x3i. more details and more controlled bass.
btw, i only use the small earbuds. if anyone wants to trade their small earbuds for medium, large or biflanges, pm me. =)

1. they only fit if you do the UE fit mod... But i believe the complys for UEs should fit nicely.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #230 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The build quality of the Mylars is infinitely worse than on the ones you mentioned. They're actually the cheapest build phones I know of, bar none.

my bro got me a new pair. i'm actually gonna put some crazy glue or something in the housing area, and some heatshrink between the cable and termination jack.

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #231 of 247
I recabled mine, put metal meshes instead of the paper filter crap, and put heatshrink on the splitter. Mine are physically and sonically better than stock in every aspect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #232 of 247
What cable did you use recable your Mylarones?

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #233 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. they only fit if you do the UE fit mod... But i believe the complys for UEs should fit nicely.

can you(or anyone) show me where i can read more about this mod? i want to try the foams on my x3i.

Mar 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #235 of 247
Drool! The recable looks great. What did you use? I want to mod my too!
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #236 of 247
I got two pair of the X3i a couple of weeks ago. They sound great. Much better than my Vmoda BassFreq. Oddly I don't find them as comfortable and they do seem a bit fragile. Time will tell.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #238 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkoulban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drool! The recable looks great. What did you use? I want to mod my too!
biggrin.gif

2 pairs of 26 gauge silver coated copper wires, neutrik plug, silver solder, some heatshrink, and multifilament nylon sleevings(1/8").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back