Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Feb 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #211 of 247
Just ordered a pair along with the CK5s(eww) from Jaben

Went with the X3i even though I had the XB, before; thanks to comments about the XBi overperforming bass.

Hope they don't fail on me as easily as the earlier model.
Well atleast my soldering skills are improved.
>_<

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #212 of 247
I've had my X3i's for a few weeks now, and I'm liking them a lot, much more than the V-Moda Vibes I had before. Build quality is more fragile, but I think if you take care of it and don't leave it in places where the cable could get snagged or cut, then its fine.

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #214 of 247
Sadly, the pair I bought not too long has broken in less than a month since they've been received. The housing literally split in half. Sound still comes out of the right headphone, but there's no way to put it in the ear now.

I'd just glue it back together, but Jaben is nice enough to send a replacement
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #216 of 247
^yeah, the quality of this new batch seems to be an issue. About the only thing stopping my trigger happy finger.

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #217 of 247
Well, the replacement from Jaben came in the mail yesterday. It didn't come in the manufacturer's box like the first pair I ordered (just the black carrying case with extras). Right away, I noticed that the right headphone is much louder than the left, which leads me to believe I received a defective or incompletely refurbished pair :| I had a similar problem with the V-MODA Vibes, and if there's anything I learned about the vibes, it's to move on and invest in better headphones.

They're getting some extra burn-in time JUST IN CASE, but I've already started looking for a new pair (either the M5's or C700's).

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #218 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the replacement from Jaben came in the mail yesterday. It didn't come in the manufacturer's box like the first pair I ordered (just the black carrying case with extras). Right away, I noticed that the right headphone is much louder than the left, which leads me to believe I received a defective or incompletely refurbished pair :| I had a similar problem with the V-MODA Vibes, and if there's anything I learned about the vibes, it's to move on and invest in better headphones.

They're getting some extra burn-in time JUST IN CASE, but I've already started looking for a new pair (either the M5's or C700's).

I haven't had a single problem with my X3i's and I've used them intensely for the last 8 months.

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #219 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had a single problem with my X3i's and I've used them intensely for the last 8 months.

Lucky you.

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #220 of 247
I just picked a pair of these... What can I say other than WOW, especially for the price.

I only wish the build quality was better, I already had one of the paper grilles come off. I’ll have to get busy with glue and a soldering iron before too long I think.

BTW, what type of replacement Bi-Flange tips would suit these ‘phones? Ultimate Ears possibly?

wink.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #222 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkoulban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked a pair of these... What can I say other than WOW, especially for the price.

I only wish the build quality was better, I already had one of the paper grilles come off. I’ll have to get busy with glue and a soldering iron before too long I think.

BTW, what type of replacement Bi-Flange tips would suit these ‘phones? Ultimate Ears possibly?

wink.gif

Hmm, the included biflanges don't fit well? I found they sounded better than the UE Biflanges
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #223 of 247
Mar 5, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #224 of 247
Yep, I had the biflanges stuck in my ears too! Other the the UE biflanges where can I buy the CrossRoads biflanges? Does Jaben sell them as a spare part? I'd be happy to use the bluetack mod and stick with the CrossRoads biflanges

Thanks again for the info

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back