Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when is this beauty shippin?
L3000.gif

Maybe in April?

Yes, you can disable it.

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #92 of 835
Skylab: great review< thanks.
I have a question about that s/n of 117 vs some othere amps though. I have a Sony ES disc player with a s/n of about 117 and I am looking for a new SS amp. While I believe stats don't tell the sound of an amp, poor or low s/n may make a difference. If I am looking at amps with only a 100 or less s/n, won't I hear hiss or the "floor" add sounds I don't want? Is there also this problem with tube amps as I see some of them have readings at 96 or even 90. How mis-informed am I..... (My phones are Senn650, AKG701, AudioTech 700, and Beyer DT990's on the way.) thanks again

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #93 of 835
Dear Headfellows,

> is there any pre-order offer?

Sorry, no pre-order offers. But there is a special price when the CONCERTO is bought in combination with a STAGEDAC.

People who already have bought a STAGEDAC in the past may still apply for this special price.

> when You will publish full technical details (spec.) Concerto ?

They're up!

:)

Jan

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #94 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Headfellows,

(...)

> when You will publish full technical details (spec.) Concerto ?

They're up!

:)

Jan

smily_headphones1.gif

Please Jan post information in this thread when you will start taking orders. I want to buy Concerto as quick as it will be possible
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #95 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorapture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab: great review< thanks.
I have a question about that s/n of 117 vs some othere amps though. I have a Sony ES disc player with a s/n of about 117 and I am looking for a new SS amp. While I believe stats don't tell the sound of an amp, poor or low s/n may make a difference. If I am looking at amps with only a 100 or less s/n, won't I hear hiss or the "floor" add sounds I don't want? Is there also this problem with tube amps as I see some of them have readings at 96 or even 90. How mis-informed am I..... (My phones are Senn650, AKG701, AudioTech 700, and Beyer DT990's on the way.) thanks again

Thanks for the kind words.

A better signal to noise ratio is always better, for sure - but the difference between an amp with a 90db s/n versus 120db is going to be subtle at best, and other characteristics of the amps will likely be more noticeable than just this.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #96 of 835
They have updated the web-site and added technical data on Cocnerto Meier Audio

Weight: 2.0 kg

Size: 24.5 x 17.5 x 6.7 cm

Perfect, this might become my own birthday present
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #97 of 835
Thanks again Skylab. I have an Aria and I liked it very much as my first amp. As I have gotten a few more phones, (Senn650,AKG701,Beyer990 600ohms) do you see any problems with this new amp matching up well or are there any difficulties that may pose a distraction using all of them. As always, we all have varying tastes, but having read much of what you have written, I value your opinion very much. I also like the professionalism of Jan at Meier Audio.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #98 of 835
Great amp from Jan i see, surely worth thinking of. Thanks Skylab and Jan.

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #99 of 835
Great review skylab! I am wondering if this will be a good amp for low ohm phones like AKG, ultrasone and grados etc. Or is it only meant for the high impedance phones?

Only disappointing thing is I wish it had two headphone sockets so you can have 2 headphones plugged in at once. Is there any way to do this with a splitter or something.

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #100 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by angle_sh00ter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review skylab! I am wondering if this will be a good amp for low ohm phones like AKG, ultrasone and grados etc. Or is it only meant for the high impedance phones?

Only disappointing thing is I wish it had two headphone sockets so you can have 2 headphones plugged in at once. Is there any way to do this with a splitter or something.

Concerto should be great for low impedance headphones - output impedance is close to "0".

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #101 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Headfellows,

But there is a special price when the CONCERTO is bought in combination with a STAGEDAC.

Jan

I just noticed this special price. Great offer! When the Concerto is released you may expect a mail from me, Jan.
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #102 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmagus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Concerto should be great for low impedance headphones - output impedance is close to "0".

Indeed - absolutely the case. Using it with the Denon D7000 and Ultrasone Ed 8 - very nice.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #105 of 835
I wouldn't call it bright - but more like very extended and strictly neutral, such as to make it a bad match for headphones that are already bright, unless you LIKE bright
biggrin.gif

But this is a little hard for me to say - the closes thing I own to a bright headphone is the DT880. And they sounded excellent with the Concerto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back